FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084261 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6810 on: Dec 05, 2011, 05:04 PM »

Just got back from Pulaski, it was raining hard down there...more coming..Rivers getting bigger. Funny I just told a couple guys that wanted to come tomorrow to stay home because I thought the River was headed up to 1800cfs, I was close.  ;D

365123 THE SALMON RIVER AT LIGHTHOUSE HILL
PUBLISHED ON DEC 05, 2011 AT 17:57:22 - EXPIRES DEC 06 11:59 PM

For the Salmon River at Brookfield Renewable Power's Lighthouse Hill Dam, Altmar, NY. The following predictions are for flows in the river just below the powerhouse unless otherwise noted.

Information about the timing of water level changes downstream of the powerhouse is included after the forecast.

Until 7:00 PM today, 1,000 CFS
From 7:00 PM today until 11:59 PM tomorrow, Tue, 1,500 CFS

All published flows are approximate and forecasts are estimates only. Actual flows will vary and can change quickly at any time. Always be alert and wear an approved flotation device. Never go in or near the water until you know and accept the risks you are assuming by being in this area!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6811 on: Dec 05, 2011, 05:09 PM »

Nice numbers Lakerdave!!!! :thumbup_smilie: 
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6812 on: Dec 05, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Drifted the river today went 4-7 , missed a nice brown .One of  My buddies  went 7-12. And the other 5-8 a lot of smaller ones today .3 over ten pounds biggest was  12 . Good times . Few doubles .

would  work  for  me  ...
 :thumbup_smilie:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rakerdave

« Reply #6813 on: Dec 05, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Thanks shane . Nothing like your numbers but its good for me . My one buddie got his first 7 fish on the pin ??? Crazy . Past 4 times he got nothin . I must have been slacking. Kowalski kicked my butt  too . He had 5 outta 8 fish to the bout in like a half hour .

duffy

« Reply #6814 on: Dec 05, 2011, 05:37 PM »
I hear ya LV, broke a couple two weeks ago on the left side, i'm right handed, i'll see ya at snags and get ya laughing that'll bring a tear to your eye,lol, in the mean time don't sneeze!!!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6815 on: Dec 05, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Thanks shane . Nothing like your numbers but its good for me . My one buddie got his first 7 fish on the pin ??? Crazy . Past 4 times he got nothin . I must have been slacking. Kowalski kicked my butt  too . He had 5 outta 8 fish to the bout in like a half hour .

Rome wasn't built in a day...it takes time to put it all together. We are all under too much pressure because of the computer.. In the old days if you hooked 7 fish, you had no way of knowing someone else did better. I enjoy the pressure, you young guys are keeping it interesting for this aging River guy.  You guys had a banner day for sure, that's alot of fish, I don't care who you are.  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #6816 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:04 PM »
Shane needs to get into motivational speaking! :-)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6817 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:17 PM »
 Rome wasn't built in a day...it takes time to put it all together. We are all under too much pressure because of the computer.. In the old days if you hooked 7 fish, you had no way of knowing someone else did better. I enjoy the pressure, you young guys are keeping it interesting for this aging River guy.  You guys had a banner day for sure, that's alot of fish, I don't care who you are.  ;D

in the old  days  you  could  fish  7 days  for a hook up!!!!! 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

lpv89

« Reply #6818 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:49 PM »
looks like my fishing is done for now boys! sorry i havent been on at all lately work is kicking my butt.  my schedule changed on me snag so it looks like my next trip up to your place will be sometime this spring! ill try to keep replying on here. but my time is starting to become very limited since i am a manager at Delta sonic and i am starting to work 50 hour weeks plus school full time. till next time gl fishing guys!
Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

rakerdave

« Reply #6819 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:05 PM »
You guys are right about the internet . Today was my first day fishing beeds this year  . I always tie tiny bags to look like single eggs .   I just picked random beed  colors and every  one worked ..almost to easy

Black Albatraz

« Reply #6820 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:12 PM »
 I had my share of those night to Rick...started out like any other night till you look up at the clock and its time to get up for fishing and you still have a beer in your hand from the night before, that wont be happening this weekend will be playing hurt for the next few weeks...broke a rib at work Friday so we need to take it easy for a while   :wacko:

Ouch! sorry to hear that Rob.

SNAGGER

« Reply #6821 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Ouch! sorry to hear that Rob.

What are you doing this week Wayno? 
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

lehigh vally

« Reply #6822 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:40 PM »
I hear ya LV, broke a couple two weeks ago on the left side, I'm right handed, I'll see ya at snags and get ya laughing they'll bring a tear to your eye,Lil, in the mean time don't sneeze!!!
  I just got back from the hospital turns out its badly bruised and torn cartilage, may be not as bad as a broken bone but  it feels like it. I wasent going to have it looked at because theres not much they can do for a broken rib but work reported it to workers comp and they called me today to see if i had it looked at and and i told them no, so they said i need to at least have it x-rayed.  Were gonna try to fish this weekend not sure yet how its gonna feel after a few hook ups...I'm right handed too, and its on my right side     :'(

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #6823 on: Dec 05, 2011, 10:27 PM »
hey rob  thats a bummer    just take it easy buddy and dont do no more harm   gonna need you for some more pointers ;D ;D  take care man   rick
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

fishhooker

« Reply #6824 on: Dec 05, 2011, 10:41 PM »
Here's a little report:

Fished first day in a trib, had lots of hookups, lots of spit backs too.  Caught a small steel (no pic) and a nice fat domestic (no pic).  We had one net between the three of us, and some fish just don't like to wait for the netman to wake up(sorry matt).  Fished second day in Altmar, landed one lost 5 or 6.  I just started using my aventa, and I'll tell you this: it takes some getting used to setting good hooks with those longer rods. 

Here's the one landed in altmar. Video/pic

http://youtu.be/WIEYf4LjS8I

and a shot I took from fraziers run upriver.

Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.