FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084129 times)

lehigh vally

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6840 on: Dec 06, 2011, 05:22 PM »
 He did really well, 6 fish while I was there.  He said he hooked 12, he's changing his line right now to 6lb.. He had the wrong noodle rod today.4lb. maxima was snapping like thread.
 Ya, i would think so, hope it drops a little till the weekend   :-\   get the rewinder out for um  :P

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6841 on: Dec 06, 2011, 05:23 PM »
 Ya, i would think so, hope it drops a little till the weekend   :-\   get the rewinder out for um  :P

Information about the timing of water level changes downstream of the powerhouse is included after the forecast.

Until 6:00 PM tomorrow, Wed, 1,500 CFS
From 6:00 PM tomorrow until 11:59 PM tomorrow, 1,000 CFS

All published flows are approximate and forecasts are estimates only. Actual flows will vary and can change quickly at any time. Always be alert and wear an approved flotation device. Never go in or near the water until you know and accept the risks you are assuming by being in this area!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lehigh vally

« Reply #6842 on: Dec 06, 2011, 05:25 PM »
   Information about the timing of water level changes downstream of the powerhouse is included after the forecast.

Until 6:00 PM tomorrow, Wed, 1,500 CFS
From 6:00 PM tomorrow until 11:59 PM tomorrow, 1,000 CFS

All published flows are approximate and forecasts are estimates only. Actual flows will vary and can change quickly at any time. Always be alert and wear an approved flotation device. Never go in or near the water until you know and accept the risks you are assuming by being in this area!

ask and you shall receive...i got my wish  ;D

SNAGGER

« Reply #6843 on: Dec 06, 2011, 05:26 PM »
 ask and you shall receive...i got my wish  ;D

100 bucks  says it's 750 or lower by Saturday.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lehigh vally

« Reply #6844 on: Dec 06, 2011, 05:30 PM »
 100 bucks  says it's 750 or lower by Saturday.
   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

SNAGGER

« Reply #6845 on: Dec 06, 2011, 05:52 PM »

Heres a question for somebody..isn't the biggest hook gap you can use a 1/2 inch.?  Crossed lines with a spey rodder running a much bigger hook than that, maybe 2 or 3/0..Just wondering, I don't care really.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #6846 on: Dec 06, 2011, 06:24 PM »
Seasonal Regulations for Waters Listed Above
Effective Dates for Special Seasonal Tributary Regulations
Special tributary regulations are effective SEPTEMBER 1 THROUGH MARCH 31 for all tributaries except the Salmon River in Oswego County where the effective dates are AUGUST 15 THROUGH APRIL 14.

Fishing Hours
Fishing at night (one half hour after sunset until one half hour before sunrise) is prohibited, except in the Black River (Jefferson County) from Lake Ontario upstream to the Route 180 bridge in Dexter where fishing is permitted at all times and in the Salmon River in Oswego County where fishing at night is permitted from Lake Ontario to the Route 3 bridge from April 1 through August 14.

Hooks
Hooks attached to any lure, except an artificial fly must be free-swinging.
Hooks may have a gap (distance between the shank and the point) of no more than one half inch.
Use of hooks with added weight is prohibited, except that artificial flies with no more than one-eighth ounce of added weight may be used. For the purposes of this regulation, the method by which weight is added to a hook does not affect classification as an "artificial fly" provided the conditions of the definition of an "artificial fly" are otherwise met.
Only one hook with a single hook point is permitted, except that floating lures may have multiple hooks including double and treble hooks only as permitted below.

rakerdave

« Reply #6847 on: Dec 06, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Yeah from what I notice . Most of those  guys are to woried about what they look like and their casting to pay attention to the laws . I  wish I could cast my 8 wt as far as them . I like to watch them cast .

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #6848 on: Dec 06, 2011, 07:31 PM »
wondering if anyone has a boat trailer bunk type for 27ft boat !!!! give me a scream if anyone knows anything if you would please thanks !!!! MARK
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

Lunch_Box

• Fish on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6849 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:24 PM »
 Heres a question for somebody..isn't the biggest hook gap you can use a 1/2 inch.?  Crossed lines with a spey rodder running a much bigger hook than that, maybe 2 or 3/0..Just wondering, I don't care really.
Snag, 1/2" was the largest as far as I knew.
"livin the dream"
"when the float drops, the BS stops!!!!!!!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #6850 on: Dec 06, 2011, 11:49 PM »
  for now..come back in 2 weeks and tell me that, then the learning will begin all over again;)

And I guarantee that is the truth.....Once they start getting finicky!!! 

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #6851 on: Dec 06, 2011, 11:56 PM »

Hmmmmmm.... I always thought a 1/2" hook was plenty big enough for a hungry steel. But what do I know....I'm just a greenie.

SNAGGER

« Reply #6852 on: Dec 07, 2011, 09:38 AM »

One of my lodgers is already approaching 20 hook ups this morning, he handed me my @ss on sac's, All I had was beads so I walked back to tie some. Zero for me on beads while he was just blasting them every 6 or 8 drifts. I love it!!!!!!!  :w00t:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #6853 on: Dec 07, 2011, 10:45 AM »
Catch up time now. Go get em mr.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6854 on: Dec 07, 2011, 03:53 PM »
amazing thing about steelies  one minute  beads  then sac or  a  fly  then  color and   sizes  drifts  leader dia  and  ect  ...........ain't it cool  ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.