FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084088 times)

rakerdave

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6915 on: Dec 09, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Fishing was hott for us today . I landed 6 . My buddie 7 and the other landed one. Who knows how many we lost . I Prolly hooked up 20 times . Lost 2 right at the net. one snapped me . pinned and plugged .fish shut right down around 1

fishthefalls123

« Reply #6916 on: Dec 09, 2011, 03:52 PM »
seems like everyone is doing good. leaving to go up there in about 30min or so

rakerdave

« Reply #6917 on: Dec 09, 2011, 03:56 PM »
We had 4 fish over ten pounds . We got 4 fish on the plugs . And the rest on beeds and bags .

lehigh vally

« Reply #6918 on: Dec 09, 2011, 06:51 PM »
Fished the uper runs in Altmar this morning and got into some pretty good action early on, then it died out around 10. My hands were numb  by that time anyway from the light lake affect snow that was falling for a few hours, so we headed back to the lodge to regroup. Picked up a partner for the afternoon...Deadeyes came up from Oneida for a visit so we went back to the same runs in the evening and got into some real fresh chrome, not a bad way to start a weekend. Got a few pic's from today.   ;D    

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #6919 on: Dec 09, 2011, 06:54 PM »
nice chrome boys  ;)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6920 on: Dec 09, 2011, 06:57 PM »
lehigh  was  smokin  this  morning   :clapping:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6921 on: Dec 09, 2011, 07:02 PM »

Way to go Robo and Bobo  ;D

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #6922 on: Dec 09, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Thanx guys! Had a blast. Ended up hookin 7 and landed 3. Those cohos on rapalas were a blast too! BINGO!!
Nice job findin em

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6923 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:07 PM »
Thanx guys! Had a blast. Ended up hookin 7 and landed 3. Those cohos on rapalas were a blast too! BINGO!!

Very short video of a coho smashing a crankbait.  I'll make a better one later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erGE-FJ9DgE&feature=youtu.be
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #6924 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:12 PM »

that is cool as heck ;D

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6925 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:16 PM »

BINGO ! lol

SNAGGER

« Reply #6926 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:48 PM »

Well wondered over to play with those coho's around 11am and pretty much ended up walking around and fishing til 4pm, hadn't planned on it, but the sun came out and it was beautiful weather....mostly around the bridge to the top of the barrel, never put my waders on, just fished in knee boots. While I had my ultra light, I landed 7 for 11 on coho's......, some from a side diversion, but also hit 3 in the main river........ Went back to the house and got my noodle and Cp and walked up to the bridge, nothing bottom bouncing,.......  but went 1 for 6 on floats, some great battles, but with no waders ended up loosing most of them, lots of fish being hooked all over, drift boats were cracking them good on plugs, seen one boat nail 4 in like 15 minutes, couldn't even set his rods,,..real cool to watch...bottom bouncers were tearing them up too in a few places...lots of action... :o......night and day from yesterday, seen alot less action yesterday.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6927 on: Dec 09, 2011, 09:07 PM »
the  great  altmar coho  round  up  in  fact  took place  today!  shane  is  clearly  the  winner  althoug  dead  eyes  is a  close  second  ....i  proudly  take   3rd   with   my  flyrod  and  yellow  stp  frog  and  a  wollybugger ....  i  have  never  laughed  so  hard  it  was  great  ...lehigh  took  video  and  pictures   which  is  sure  to  follow   i  had  a  great  time  seeing  everyone  today  .... heres a  picture  if  you  look close  the  fly  is  on my  rod  ;D

interesting  note   i  got  them  top  water  on a  bass  frog  and  a   wolly  bugger  ....  shane  and  dead  eyes  got  them on  rapalas  and   crank  baits  ....no  fish  caught  on  beads  ...  (  whats  that  tell  ya)   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

It was an absolute riot trap..I laughed like I was 12 again...for the record, the one coho I killed swallowed the crank and was bleeding through it's gills, ..His life cycle was over anyway.  The rest were released. Speaking of 12 year olds, a bunch of youngsters found them after you left Trap, they had a ball..........
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

rakerdave

« Reply #6928 on: Dec 09, 2011, 09:13 PM »
Looks like that spot got pounded lv. We got a few throughout there .

SNAGGER

« Reply #6929 on: Dec 09, 2011, 09:19 PM »
Looks like that spot got pounded lv. We got a few throughout there .

Nice pics laker!!!  :thumbup_smilie:....pounded by boats..yes,,.. people..no ...... everywhere I went today there was action..not the normal 10% catching 90% ..descent action for everyone...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.