FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084116 times)

lehigh vally

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #7005 on: Dec 13, 2011, 09:59 AM »
WOW miss a day on this thread and it will take you 3 days to get caught back up. My computer is still at the shop, I'm hoping to get it back today or tomarrow just checking in rite now on my work computer, ill have moor to show from the weekend when I'm back on line.   ;D

GrnDrake

« Reply #7006 on: Dec 13, 2011, 10:08 AM »
It is sad to think that a couple of people on the water believe it is their duty to be the river wardens. I guided steelhead fisherman for many years before I gave up fishing for them all together as I could not enjoy the experience with all the eyes of the world focused on everything other than fishing. I did go up 2 weeks ago and had a great time and I realized how badly I missed it. But as always, after landing my first three fish, I had to find a place to fish as my spot was taken. Every time I hooked a fish, one gentleman had to ask if it was in the mouth. Of the dozen or so fish I hooked up with, 2 were foul hooked in the head and were broken off immediately. Steelhead are big fish....have big mouths,,,,and big fins. It is inevitable that a fish will be foul hooked on ocassion. As long as there are no long lifts at the end of the drift, and no intent to foul hook a fish, all is well. Unfortunately, it seems it is those who never seem to be able to hook up that get disgruntled at those who do. What a shame. For the rest of you, enjoy your time in the water and stay safe.

Drifter_016

« Reply #7007 on: Dec 13, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Unfortunately, it seems it is those who never seem to be able to hook up that get disgruntled at those who do.

That is because they think that if they are not catching fish and others are that those that are catching have to be snagging.
It's born of jealously and frustration.
Generally these angry people are just chitty fishermen.   
Maybe they would be better off taking up needle point or flower arranging.
;D

The smart angler watches those who are catching fish and tries to figure out what they are doing differently that is contributing to their success. If they can't figure it out from watching the really smart ones stike up a conversation with the successful angler and ask them what they are doing differently. Believe it or not this technique tends to work really well.   

GrnDrake

« Reply #7008 on: Dec 13, 2011, 12:11 PM »
It always gives me great pleasure helping someone figure out the "program". On that day in question 2 weeks ago, a first-timer was fishing in the same run and I and kindly asked what I was doing to catch fish. I built him a leader, gave him a few flies, and invited him to fish next to me. Though he did not hook a fish of his own, he fought 2 of my fish, one to the net. He was gracious, kind and very thankful. I wish all were as kind and considerate as he. For the rest of them, their lack of success is their best medicine.

esox v

« Reply #7009 on: Dec 13, 2011, 12:58 PM »
That is because they think that if they are not catching fish and others are that those that are catching have to be snagging.
;D

The smart angler watches those who are catching fish and tries to figure out what they are doing differently that is contributing to their success. If they can't figure it out from watching the really smart ones stike up a conversation with the successful angler and ask them what they are doing differently. Believe it or not this technique tends to work really well.   
YEP.... Our buddy Chris was blistering them....He was called a snagger, lifter,a few censored words... told him he sucked..... OH wait that was from us.... His friends !! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #7010 on: Dec 13, 2011, 01:04 PM »
;D

You are correct though .... People always seem to judge the person doing the best as doing something wrong..... :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #7011 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:00 PM »
It seems the SR brings out the worst in some people.  Especially if they aren't catching fish and others are.  That's why i try to find a nice quiet stretch of the river.  I prefer to fish in peace and solitude even if their's less fishies.

Drifter_016

« Reply #7012 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:23 PM »
It seems the SR brings out the worst in some people.  Especially if they aren't catching fish and others are.  That's why i try to find a nice quiet stretch of the river.  I prefer to fish in peace and solitude even if their's less fishies.

I like a nice quiet spot as much as any other guy, but I also like watching guys like those mentioned heads explode as I'm pounding fish after fish!!!!   ;D
If they would just ask the ? WTH are you doing that I'm not? I gladly help out.
If they don't ask I just smile and watch as they................

FYI These are the same guys that refuse to ask for directions.   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

esox v

« Reply #7013 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:29 PM »
It seems the SR brings out the worst in some people.  Especially if they aren't catching fish and others are.  That's why i try to find a nice quiet stretch of the river.  I prefer to fish in peace and solitude even if their's less fishies.
See you down there !! I'll take less fish less people.. ALL DAY LONG.....And the fish brawl because they haven't be caught an released 9 times already...The fish I caught looked like it had been caught 2 other times......probably why I caught it.... it was... :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: still fresh silver showing up though...

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #7014 on: Dec 13, 2011, 03:16 PM »
See you down there !! I'll take less fish less people.. ALL DAY LONG.....And the fish brawl because they haven't be caught an released 9 times already...The fish I caught looked like it had been caught 2 other times......probably why I caught it.... it was... :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: still fresh silver showing up though...
then who would you talk too?    check your texts.  GOT YA

esox v

« Reply #7015 on: Dec 13, 2011, 03:33 PM »
then who would you talk too?    check your texts.  GOT YA
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: YOU ARE A SICK BASS TURD !! That Franks new flame ?? :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

lehigh vally

« Reply #7016 on: Dec 13, 2011, 03:41 PM »
Were finally back on line  :rotflol:  give me a little while to get things straightened out and ill post someting for you guise to watch  :w00t:

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #7017 on: Dec 13, 2011, 04:01 PM »
good  man  lehigh    i  kid  you  not  the barrel  was  empty  except me  2  other  guys and  drowningdots  shows  up...  no one  in the  middle  ...ed  starts  to walk  and the  guy  at the top in the riff starts yelling at  him  :rotflol: :rotflol:  i  guess  100 yards wasn't  enough  and  ed was  crowding  him  ::)
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

lehigh vally

« Reply #7018 on: Dec 13, 2011, 04:13 PM »
That's ridicules  ???  ???  I got the idiot on sunday pretty good...stood behind him mocking the shi* out of him while he was yelling at Mark. He never left the water, i might of went in and confronted him but i wasn't in my waders and i was holding my good camera. People need to keep there mouths shut and fish, if you want to b***h stay the **** home, if you think some one wronged the river call DEC and LET IT GO!!!!!!

fishgalore

« Reply #7019 on: Dec 13, 2011, 04:17 PM »
fishing are  you  talking  about  the guy in the  top  of  the barrel...he  started  screaming at  some  poor  old  guy  that was  tring to wade out  about  fishing  edicate and  that he was  to close .... yes  this  forced me  to take a  few  cast  next to him ....

Where's the barrel? Just below the bridge in Altmar? From LV's response I gather that might just be it. Were you there in the am Trap? If you were I just missed meeting you.

GrnDrake I liked your posts along with LV's just above this one!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.