FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084147 times)

esox v

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #7245 on: Dec 18, 2011, 03:32 PM »
;) :P ;D :D :rotflol: :rotflol:[/i][/b]
I like oswego when its high !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #7246 on: Dec 18, 2011, 03:43 PM »
1800 is a cake walk if you know how to fish!

Nice job on your 10 steelies today Frank, aint easy in 1800cfs, VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!    I ended up going 3 for 8..... ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #7247 on: Dec 18, 2011, 03:51 PM »
1800 is a cake walk if you know how to fish!

NO  FRANK  YOUR  WRONG  AGAIN!!!!   1800 IS  NO  CAKE  WALK  AND  10  FISH  IS  IMPRESSIVE  ...  NICE  JOB ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Special Ed

« Reply #7248 on: Dec 18, 2011, 04:26 PM »
yeah  let  the  boats  pound  those  bows  in  the lake  and  practice  c&r and a 1  fish  limit  in  the  river....the  amount  of  fish  we  have   has  nothing  to  do  with  limits   it  is  directlyl influanced   bye  the  amount  stocked  ....  toss  another  bucket  of  eggs  in  the  pool  and  were  all  good

put  and  take  ....see  the  2  key  words  ....put  and  take  ;D
::) ::) ::)  Buy a boat

ICE_MONKEY

« Reply #7249 on: Dec 18, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Well Trapper I should of taken a spinning rod with me to bottom bounce lol. I didnt take any beads with me, just sacks and fly looking jigs a friend of mine ties and uses and does well with but it wasnt my day with the centerpin lol. Do people bottom bounce with a centerpin up there?

kowboy

« Reply #7250 on: Dec 18, 2011, 04:52 PM »
Great reading today, the last 4 pages, but i half to admit i dont know anything about the things u guys r talking about except the fly only zone, as far as the other no idea. I have so much to learn and appreciate the info guys. Adam did u c the pic of the drop tine u didnt respond? Hope to get up there soon and c u snag and all of the mff guys

SNAGGER

« Reply #7251 on: Dec 18, 2011, 04:59 PM »
Well Trapper I should of taken a spinning rod with me to bottom bounce lol. I didnt take any beads with me, just sacks and fly looking jigs a friend of mine ties and uses and does well with but it wasnt my day with the centerpin lol. Do people bottom bounce with a centerpin up there?

The reason why I switched to an 11 foot 6 rod rated for 6-12lb line, was so I could bottom bounce with my Cp also if the float bite is off. I'm not a Cp finatic, my Cp is retired for the winter, just my 10 6 spinning rods now, one with a float and one set up for bottom. I might run my Cp on warm days, but thats it....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #7252 on: Dec 18, 2011, 05:03 PM »

365123 THE SALMON RIVER AT LIGHTHOUSE HILL
PUBLISHED ON DEC 18, 2011 AT 16:19:56 - EXPIRES DEC 19 11:59 PM

For the Salmon River at Brookfield Renewable Power's Lighthouse Hill Dam, Altmar, NY. The following predictions are for flows in the river just below the powerhouse unless otherwise noted.

Information about the timing of water level changes downstream of the powerhouse is included after the forecast.

Until 9:00 AM tomorrow, Mon, 1,800 CFS
From 9:00 AM tomorrow until 11:59 PM tomorrow, 1,250 CFS

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishingaddict

• Fishing is not an addiction, Its the CURE!
« Reply #7253 on: Dec 18, 2011, 05:38 PM »
And whose the @#$Kisser :laugh:
Fish fear me!

trapper2000

« Reply #7254 on: Dec 18, 2011, 05:41 PM »

i  never  fished  with  a  center  pin  but   snagger   frank  adam  scott  all  do......i'm not  the  one  to  ask  about  them

trapper2000

« Reply #7255 on: Dec 18, 2011, 05:44 PM »
all i have to say is that as a simms waders owner , people buy them because they last, and the warranty is great and they are made in the USA!!! not because they are snobs or ah or becasuse they own a spey rod, best waders that are made ( hands down).
as far as the spey casting deal, alot of people use them not like they are made for, they are made to swing big nasty flies for big aggresive trout!!!! I swing big flies for trout up there and raley make it to the fly zones, shut them down completly for all i care!!!
all im really saying is that not all people that wear simms waders or carry a 14'9" spey rod are douche bags, i happen to both float and spey fish and enjoy both , but like the swing because of the masssive takes you get from the fish( nothing like you have ever felt unless you swing flies) its called a diffrent challenge, a trained monkey could float fish with beads or sacks, but to learn a real style is a gift!!

and the last word: this board is full of *** Kisser!!!! the only person that has usefull information to give is SNAGGER!!! and i thank him for that!!
kp maybe you do need some simms waders db!!

do  ya  drive  a  volvo  or   saab????

draketrutta

« Reply #7256 on: Dec 18, 2011, 05:46 PM »
I love the $700 Simms G4 Zipper because it serves me well for quick access to my hand warmer.

::)
<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

trapper2000

« Reply #7257 on: Dec 18, 2011, 05:49 PM »
::) ::) ::)  Buy a boat
i  own  2   boats  3  kayaks  and  a  canoe  .....and  i  don't  even  ask  KP  to  cover  mine   ;D

eddyg

« Reply #7258 on: Dec 18, 2011, 06:03 PM »

::)

draketrutta,

dont be jealous, sorry you went through 5 pairs of those plastic bags you call waders!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
and trapper no it acually a benz!!

trapper2000

« Reply #7259 on: Dec 18, 2011, 06:16 PM »
draketrutta,

dont be jealous, sorry you went through 5 pairs of those plastic bags you call waders!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
and trapper no it acually a benz!!
:w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol:  your   going  to  fit  in just  fine here  lolllllllllll    but  don't  park  near  my  bentley ! :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.