FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084211 times)

Dark Cloud

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #7290 on: Dec 18, 2011, 10:09 PM »
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Are you saying Adam already knows what 4 1/2 inches looks like ?

The forecast is not looking good for this thread...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #7291 on: Dec 18, 2011, 10:35 PM »
3  1/2  it was a typo

draketrutta

« Reply #7292 on: Dec 18, 2011, 11:09 PM »

THIS IS 4 1/2 inches

l==============================================l

aahhhaaa - another guy with a fancy $700 Simms G4 zipper!!!! ;D

Fishgalore - nice rod you got there. IMO the 13' rod makes it alot harder to set the hook than a shorter rod - say 10'6".
And keep an eye on your line to make sure it does not wrap around the tip of the rod. That was my biggest problem using a whippier 13' rod - and it is now a dust collector cause I prefer to use the shorter rod  - I can live with a shorter drift.

later
<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

fishgalore

« Reply #7293 on: Dec 19, 2011, 04:33 AM »
aahhhaaa - another guy with a fancy $700 Simms G4 zipper!!!! ;D

Fishgalore - nice rod you got there. IMO the 13' rod makes it alot harder to set the hook than a shorter rod - say 10'6".
And keep an eye on your line to make sure it does not wrap around the tip of the rod. That was my biggest problem using a whippier 13' rod - and it is now a dust collector cause I prefer to use the shorter rod  - I can live with a shorter drift.

later

You're right...........my 8' 6" Wild River does a much better job and that's a bit small for drifting. I guess I'm gonna have to figure it out or sell it at a loss! I think it'll come its just gonna take some real adjusting and turning the body a bit more and violently. I landed a nice 14 1/2" Brookie a couple weeks ago on the Pequest river with it. So it's not entirely a waste but I have to practice hitting em really hard with it. Any slack in the line and I'm toast.

dimebrite

« Reply #7294 on: Dec 19, 2011, 04:41 AM »
Fish galore; real up the slack before you set the hook; I often drop my rod tip and reel a bit even if there's no slack to create a grace period before I cross their eyes...

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #7295 on: Dec 19, 2011, 06:34 AM »
Real nice pics and some big boys by your buddy. I was thinking about this this morning when I saw the temps up there today. Its probably not a good idea to have the fish out of the water with these temps and if you do not for long at all. I'd bet the ice forms almost immediately on their skin. I'm not trying to criticize but if it appears so I guess that goes with me stating my opinion on the matter since I do see fish out of the water in these pics. I'd bet the hands get cold real fast once you wet them to handle the fish too! A dry towel is a must in this weather as well.
At any rate if you must have them out then it shouldn't be for long at all unless you are keeping 'em.

Did you find they recovered well on the release Frank?

All fish swam off just fine. Soon as I got them in the water BAM! they where gone! I think the hooks that stuck in the fish do more damage then the 30 seconds for a picture. I removed hooks and flys out of three fish yesterday.. My fly box is looking good!  ;D
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

KingPerch

« Reply #7296 on: Dec 19, 2011, 07:20 AM »

THIS IS 4 1/2 inches

l==============================================l

Scott, you using a tape measure made in china again?? LOL!! I measured that bar you posted at 5 11/16"......... ;D--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #7297 on: Dec 19, 2011, 09:05 AM »

NO WATER DROP TODAY...

365123 THE SALMON RIVER AT LIGHTHOUSE HILL
PUBLISHED ON DEC 19, 2011 AT 08:56:45 - EXPIRES DEC 20 11:59 PM

For the Salmon River at Brookfield Renewable Power's Lighthouse Hill Dam, Altmar, NY. The following predictions are for flows in the river just below the powerhouse unless otherwise noted.

Information about the timing of water level changes downstream of the powerhouse is included after the forecast.

Until 11:59 PM Tue DEC 20, 1,800 CFS

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #7298 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:59 AM »

2011 Fall Slideshow, tried to load it in 1080, but it failed so did it in 480, music is low so turn it up.. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOSXJ5e-ydw&context=C3567029ADOEgsToPDskLRYfcOQ7gJxRrvhonngVx3
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

backstrapper

« Reply #7299 on: Dec 19, 2011, 11:34 AM »

NO WATER DROP TODAY...

365123 THE SALMON RIVER AT LIGHTHOUSE HILL
PUBLISHED ON DEC 19, 2011 AT 08:56:45 - EXPIRES DEC 20 11:59 PM

For the Salmon River at Brookfield Renewable Power's Lighthouse Hill Dam, Altmar, NY. The following predictions are for flows in the river just below the powerhouse unless otherwise noted.

Information about the timing of water level changes downstream of the powerhouse is included after the forecast.

Until 11:59 PM Tue DEC 20, 1,800 CFS

I like the sounds of that.  See you in a couple of hours with some venison chilil!
I shoot to grill and fish for the thrill

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #7300 on: Dec 19, 2011, 12:29 PM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:  You guy's are a riot...

KingPerch

« Reply #7301 on: Dec 19, 2011, 03:05 PM »
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/KingPerch/IMAG0312.jpg[/img]] http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/KingPerch/IMAG0311.jpg[/img]] http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/KingPerch/IMAG0308.jpg[/img]]Screwed off today....AGAIN!! Fished with Shane good part of the day. Alot of swing and misses,but, got to land a few! Shane will give full report later!! Life is good!!--KP 8)

SNAGGER

« Reply #7302 on: Dec 19, 2011, 03:25 PM »
  Great times Larry, had a ball fishin with you, thanks for the Picture of that one Larry, what a battle he put up... felt like a kid reeling him in......alot of semi fresh fish making it too Altmar with these higher flows, My favorite colors are on these steelhead, like a dark pink steel, beautiful... Bet he weighed a solid 15lbs maybe more..I ended up I think like 5 for 7 for a couple hours effort..Once again Thanks Larry, tell the Mrs Merry christmas and thanks for the fruit jams and bread.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

KingPerch

« Reply #7303 on: Dec 19, 2011, 03:36 PM »
Your welcome my friend!! Good times! When you hooked that 15#er....you sounded like a little kid!! ;D LOL! I'll tell Mrs. KP you said Thanks!! At the end of everyday...I can honestly say....LIFE IS GOOD!! ;) FISH ON!!--KP 8)

KingPerch

« Reply #7304 on: Dec 19, 2011, 03:40 PM »
GREAT JOB ON THAT VIDEO by the way!! :bowdown: :bowdown:--KP ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.