FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084270 times)

kowboy

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #7335 on: Dec 20, 2011, 04:40 PM »
As u can c i did catch one more. I hooked one just as you were getting in ur truck kp and then afew minutes later i landed this one. I wanted some fish for dinner so took this one and mmmmmmmm good. Was gone by 1235pm. Shane was good seeing u and getting to talk alittle. Kinda hard talking to shane when one hes fishing and 2 hes got like the whole river watching him and trying to see what hes doing to catch fish oh and yes he did have afew on in the few minutes i was there talking to him. So went 2 for 4 had agreat time great company and i was on the water, not sure life could get any better but im going to keep trying. Thanks again kp

kc

« Reply #7336 on: Dec 20, 2011, 04:57 PM »
kowboy you will have to share some of your secrets with me.  I am off between xmas and new years. Maybe I can make it up. Retirement is just around the corner.

Drifter_016

« Reply #7337 on: Dec 20, 2011, 05:48 PM »
1800 is a cake walk if you know how to fish!

1,800 PFFFT!!!!
The river I was fishing in September was running at a 64 year high and I still caught a ton of fish.   ;)
How high was it you ask?
Normal flow rate at that time is 3,500 to 4,500 CFS.
It was running at 13,000 CFS for most of the month.   :w00t:
Gotta like a river that can run that high and not get blown out.       

kowboy

« Reply #7338 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:06 PM »
kc no secrets just luck and alot of help from mff friends maybe we can get together

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #7339 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:11 PM »
As u can c i did catch one more. I hooked one just as you were getting in ur truck kp and then afew minutes later i landed this one. I wanted some fish for dinner so took this one and mmmmmmmm good. Was gone by 1235pm. Shane was good seeing u and getting to talk alittle. Kinda hard talking to shane when one hes fishing and 2 hes got like the whole river watching him and trying to see what hes doing to catch fish oh and yes he did have afew on in the few minutes i was there talking to him. So went 2 for 4 had agreat time great company and i was on the water, not sure life could get any better but im going to keep trying. Thanks again kp
Good job Kowboy  8)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #7340 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:02 PM »

1,800 PFFFT!!!!
The river I was fishing in September was running at a 64 year high and I still caught a ton of fish.   ;)
How high was it you ask?
Normal flow rate at that time is 3,500 to 4,500 CFS.
It was running at 13,000 CFS for most of the month.   :w00t:
Gotta like a river that can run that high and not get blown out.       

we  fish  oswego  at over 13,000 diferance  is  the  normal  depth and  width  salmon  river  at  1800 can  be  tough  and  fast
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #7341 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:36 PM »
Here's a video.. Some of the vid footage is a little shakie enjoy..
http://youtu.be/8kLRrSFsRfM

Nice video Carpie!!!  :thumbup_smilie:  I saw Chris today, he put a beating on them again..I tried to fish the run with my knee boots..it didn't work so I went back upstream.. I hit about 6 or 7 fish in a couple hours today, Nothing special..Had one guest hook 22 for the day in different spots, he had a good day.. ;D...  Nice seeing you again Kowboy, I see you haven't lost your touch..ole deadeyes hooked 11 tonight also.... 8)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

nightfisher

« Reply #7342 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Great vids guys. Way to catch em Kowboy.

SNAGGER

« Reply #7343 on: Dec 20, 2011, 09:22 PM »

Just in case you guys didn't know, the Rivers back up.

Until 11:59 PM Wed DEC 21, 1,750 CFS

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

rakerdave

« Reply #7344 on: Dec 21, 2011, 03:00 AM »
Dam didn't realize the water was goin up . o well to late now . already on the way up .nice fish guys keep the pics coming .

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #7345 on: Dec 21, 2011, 05:25 AM »
 Nice video Carpie!!!  :thumbup_smilie:  I saw Chris today, he put a beating on them again..I tried to fish the run with my knee boots..it didn't work so I went back upstream.. I hit about 6 or 7 fish in a couple hours today, Nothing special..Had one guest hook 22 for the day in different spots, he had a good day.. ;D...  Nice seeing you again Kowboy, I see you haven't lost your touch..ole deadeyes hooked 11 tonight also.... 8)

He said that he bumped into you at the special spot :D ;) He did like 7  for 10 Where he fishes.  ;) ;) he's out of the game after tomorrow. Heading down to west point to see his grandson for the next 10 days or so.. So I got that time to catch up. He's at 39 and I am at 27 fish so far. I hoping next Tuseday late morning till dark and Friday all day and Sunday. Be nice to fish with LV Next Friday too. Been trying to put it together for months.. First time I don't have my daughter so, there should be a fun day.. ;)
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #7346 on: Dec 21, 2011, 05:31 AM »
What agreat day. KP thanks for the help and company. This was my first fish of the day and as kp said the first drift. Oh and
I caught that same fish in feb 2010!

Gotcha! Very close looking fish!

Same colors at least and mine went into the deep fryer.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

KingPerch

« Reply #7347 on: Dec 21, 2011, 07:02 AM »
Anytime kowboy! Let me know when you head this way again.  ;) Good job to the rest of you goons on your hookups and landings!! :thumbup_smilie: Life is Good!!--KP 8)

Shane, did the river drop some yesterday? Seemed like it did!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

lehigh vally

« Reply #7348 on: Dec 21, 2011, 08:39 AM »
your box was full Snagger, couldn't get back to ya, gotta go back to work  :'(

SNAGGER

« Reply #7349 on: Dec 21, 2011, 09:00 AM »

More Rain moving into the area...
         haven't had bare ground going into Christmas in quite a while
    already seen steelhead(not domestics) on nests and if this continues
 alot more are going to start bedding up now and not wait til Feb/March like normal.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.