FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084126 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #7530 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:48 PM »
happy new year everyone ...see you tomorrow

Hey Dave..2 nd cast  hook a steelhead  the steelhead jumps, it had to go 22lbs..either that or theres still a king in the River, fought it for a while .. was just getting ready to go over my waders to take off after it and the hook pulls out, that's twice this year now...so depressing.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #7531 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:57 PM »
  Stop by the house Frank Murray and I will be up early tomarrow   :blink: :blink: :whistling:
LV Chris is going to be at the Schoolhouse first light.. I am going to start where we met you on Firday morning and then heading up to the lodge. I am only going to fish low for a few hours unless its hot.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

lambaste em

• WHERE THE SUCKA'S AT!!
« Reply #7532 on: Dec 31, 2011, 09:32 PM »
  Hey Dave..2 nd cast  hook a steelhead  the steelhead jumps, it had to go 22lbs..either that or theres still a king in the River, fought it for a while .. was just getting ready to go over my waders to take off after it and the hook pulls out, that's twice this year now...so depressing.
its been a while lets put a 20 on the wall

lehigh vally

« Reply #7533 on: Dec 31, 2011, 09:45 PM »

lehigh vally

« Reply #7534 on: Dec 31, 2011, 09:46 PM »

Great pics LV! 
  Thanks Brian 

lehigh vally

« Reply #7535 on: Dec 31, 2011, 09:48 PM »
MAGAZINE QUALITY PHOTOGRAPHY!

seriously - that is some great stuff LV
  Thank you !!

lehigh vally

« Reply #7536 on: Dec 31, 2011, 09:54 PM »
  Nice pic's rob..   Love the one with murray and the new pate I see he bought..  Great stuff my friend..
  Wish you were hear Wayne Happy New Year!!

ct boy

« Reply #7537 on: Jan 01, 2012, 12:04 AM »
Happy new years Shane and everyone

monic20

« Reply #7538 on: Jan 01, 2012, 12:19 AM »
Happy new years !!!! Be up mon and tues  whoohaaaa !!!!!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #7539 on: Jan 01, 2012, 04:05 AM »
what  a  year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  man i  never  caught  so many  steelies  as  this  year  ,double  digit  days  a  norm!  and  i met  so many  great  people  on both  the  oswego  and  salmon river  this  year!  STEELHEADING = FRIENDSHIPS,FISH,AND FINESSE......  my  best  year  ever  and  to all  those  that  were a  part  of  it  ,thanks  .....

HAPPY  NEW  YEAR!!!!!   SHANE  GET  NEW  MOTTO  FOR  ALTMAR  OUTFITTERS  " 20 pounds  in  the  2012  round" !!!!    you helped  everyone  else  brother  it's  your  turn   ;D.................

A  HAPPY  AND  SAFE  NEW  YEAR  TO  ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #7540 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:20 AM »
Happy new year to everyone!

Hope you're not recovering too slowly from last night. Got up around 7 and let the dog out...and man, it's almost t-shirt weather out there, strange to have it be this warm on the first of the year.

It's seems like a lot of people on here are having one heck of a season and I hope it all keeps up for everyone. I havent been able to get up the SR quite as much as I would like but plan to sometime this week, then off to Albany for a couple weeks...give the waders and boots a chance to dry I suppose. I've been hitting Oswego as often as possible and have been taking some really nice fish. Last few days have been tough, water temp dropped pretty quickly with that cold snap we had. I hope we get atleast a few weeks of consistent weather....this freeze and thaw pattern we're in right now is for the birds. It's been keeping the water levels up on the river for WAY too long (mid-November)...if we had some consistent cold weather atleast any precip. we got would be snow. Just gotta wait it out.

Here's one from Jan. of last year...

Have fun out there ;D

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #7541 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:00 AM »
HEY EVERYONE   HAPPY NEW YEAR   ROB! is that a spinning rod in your hand?(shame on you  LOL)  just kidding  hope you all put a hurtin on em   I'm gonna fish the Little Lehigh today  cant pass up this weather wont get much more of this  again guys HAPPY NEW YEAR and thanks for another great year on MFF   keep AOL the way it is     RICK and the PA. BOYS
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #7542 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:03 AM »
   You need to lay off those na's snagger.. :rotflol: :rotflol:  Are you freak'n crazy?  That water's cold enough in november..   Happy New Year to all MFF's

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #7543 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:07 AM »
  Wish you were hear Wayne Happy New Year!!
  I'd have to get divorced rob..  And I don't see that happening, been with her for 25 year's..  But I am dreaming of it.  Tell murray I said hi..

KingPerch

« Reply #7544 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:57 AM »
"20 POUNDS IN THE 2012 ROUND" gotta great ring to it Trap! ;) HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL !!--KP!! 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.