FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Alcova  (Read 3261 times)

outdoorschris

Alcova
« on: Mar 25, 2011, 01:00 AM »
Its is all the way open...going there friday for the morning report back how we did

rbmchief

Re: Alcova
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2011, 08:14 AM »
Went up the canyon last sunday. Ended up catching 30+ trout and a half dozen 16-20 inch walleye.

docsdrill

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2011, 08:49 AM »
good job rbmchief, were you close to the dam and is there a lot of water coming out of the dam/ lots of moving water throught the no wake stretch?

outdoorschris

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2011, 02:20 PM »
yeah there is  alot of water going through there.....we didnt catch anything. Shouldnt even have went up there....My buddy isnt very good with driving the boat.

rbmchief

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2011, 05:04 PM »
yeah we just fished that vertical rock face right by the big slide. Lots of water movin through, killed the trolling batteries after a half day :o

Spud16

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Has anyone tried bank fishing black beach if so are you catching any walleye? Also what are you using if you are catching them? Hoping to go this weekend.

rbmchief

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2011, 04:39 PM »
had someone tell me earlier this week they caught them from the shore last spring at black beach with a minnow on a white twister tail

Spud16

« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2011, 09:12 PM »
Is there any luck I know the walleye are probably spawning, but I am wondering what people might be catching right now?

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2011, 08:40 AM »
Is there any luck I know the walleye are probably spawning, but I am wondering what people might be catching right now?

We fished Sandy Beach two evenings 4-10/4-11 and got quite a few bows 12-17".  I fished the shore from the boat ramp around almost to Sandy Beach 1 afternoon only a couple bows on metal.  I was throwing a twister/worm also but no love.

Spud16

« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2011, 08:50 PM »
I'm just hoping the fish pick up unlike what they did last year. I didn't do that well until fall. Thanks for the information

docsdrill

« Reply #10 on: Apr 15, 2011, 01:44 PM »
if you have a boat, you can always slay the trout in the canyon near the dam, no matter what time of year as long as there is current. Drop anchor near the dam and fish the current. Bounce a worm off the bottom and let the current take it. Trout love this and have had many 50 fish days. Unfortunately if you get your anchor caught good it will remain stuck. I have lost two anchors  :(. NO walleye, though, doing this just takes a different tactic to get them.

Monarch8x8

« Reply #11 on: Apr 18, 2011, 05:41 PM »
if you have a boat, you can always slay the trout in the canyon near the dam, no matter what time of year as long as there is current. Drop anchor near the dam and fish the current. Bounce a worm off the bottom and let the current take it. Trout love this and have had many 50 fish days. Unfortunately if you get your anchor caught good it will remain stuck. I have lost two anchors  :(. NO walleye, though, doing this just takes a different tactic to get them.
Hey Doc, get a Columbia River Anchor System and you won't lose anymore anchors and won't break your back pulling anchor anymore.  I used mine in Oregon for sturgeon and salmon and still use it on Glendo and Grayrocks without current.  Google it.  They're handy and easy to use.

fishaholictaz

« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2011, 08:12 AM »
A big chain attached to a big ring is how we anchored on the Columbia and other rocky spots works great for dirt cheap!
Take a kid fishing! 

docsdrill

« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2011, 08:57 AM »
Hey Doc, get a Columbia River Anchor System and you won't lose anymore anchors and won't break your back pulling anchor anymore.  I used mine in Oregon for sturgeon and salmon and still use it on Glendo and Grayrocks without current.  Google it.  They're handy and easy to use.
Great! Thanks for the info. monarch. Does this system attach to the front of the boat? By the looks of it, it would interfer with the trolling motor?

Monarch8x8

« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2011, 12:08 PM »
Great! Thanks for the info. monarch. Does this system attach to the front of the boat? By the looks of it, it would interfer with the trolling motor?
The quick release "v" mounts on the front of the boat.  This allows you to pull the "tag end of the anchor line if a tree rolls up the anchor line.  You should ALWAYS anchor from the front of your boat in current so you don't sink yourself.  To pull the anchor, just take the anchor rope, put two wraps around the rear cleat and hold onto the rope.  Then drive.  The Ball floats the anchor and the slip cam doesn't let the anchor drop back to the bottom.  You can check out some videos on youtube.  It makes pulling anchor in 70 feet of water happen in about 30 seconds rather than hand over fisting it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.