FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: weird things youve found fishing  (Read 6241 times)

packman252008

• Beware of the man who fishes alone!!
weird things youve found fishing
« on: Apr 17, 2011, 09:01 PM »
was fishing in the catskill's today with my old man.. we were both having a break and a cold beer on the side of the stream when i noticed something a little out of place...? what was a purple carabiner doing hooked to a stump.. well come to find out it was a GEO CACHE..  it hadnt been opened since 2007, noting to good inside excpey proboblay a $200 computer game. Left it where it was and wrote a note in the log book inside tell them that they needed to hide there treasures a little better.. wish it was something useful.. what are two hillbilly's going to do with a computer game?
In search of the fish that I havent caught and the times spent with good company... HOOKED UP

KingPerch

Re: weird things youve found fishing
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2011, 07:23 AM »
My son had spent lots of time looking for GEO CACHE treasures. Also, spent alot of Dads money on gas looking for these things. Definitley a different pasttime, but, I had fun with the GPS looking for these treasures as well, and was a learning experience for my son to learn how to use a GPS alot better!! You did the right thing and put it back in it's hiding spot!! You would be amazed as to what he has found in his travels!! Titelines!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

slipperybob

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2011, 11:05 AM »
That's a neat find.

The only cache I've ever found was somebody's fish dump.  ;D

Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

The Prizz

• Southside Chi-towner
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2011, 12:28 PM »
True story, a buddy and I were walking the rocks along a good stretch of lake next to a road. In the rocks was a "LONELY" woman's little "HELPER" if you will.  Actually, the thing was about 12" long!!!!  ;) I decide to take it by the string and put it on my spinnerbait. I casted out and started yelling about having "ONE" on.... My fishing partner runs over and he's waiting for me to drag a fish in. Eager to see what I have, he is taken aback when I flung the thing out of the water and toward his direction :w00t: !! It took about 40 minutes for us to stop laughing so hard...After he said that "it's only 12", not a keeper", I told him that it is an invasive species and had to get it out of the lake. I then flung it and it ended up on the road.  Another 40 minutes of gut-wrenching laughs watching cars manuever around this thing! Thanks for bringing this funny story back to fruition!!!! Now I need 40 minutes to stop laughing...........L8r, Prizz
Keep on keeping on!!!!!!!    Prizz

rnksurfnturf

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2011, 06:43 AM »
now thats funny
i dont care who you are ;D

SWAMPGOOSE

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2011, 10:52 AM »
I was creek creeping with my dog (hot of summer walking down a creek you never fished)  and i climbed this tree to drop a crank into a deep hole and i had a buck looking right in my face.  Scared the crap out of me lol  And it was dead as a door knob 15 feet up in a tree.  It must have got lodged in there during a flood.  Knocked its horns off (6 Point) and till this day they are still my dogs favorite thing to chew on.
cream ale is good, rolling rock is great, but land shark is king

Santo180

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2011, 11:02 AM »
I once found a meat thermometer pushed into the dirt on a stream-side trail.  It looked brand new, so I took it home and washed it.  No idea why somebody would bring one to a stream.

ebour

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2011, 11:10 AM »
My dad once hooked a manakin. Also, in the asset river, there is a partially submergered Volkswagen,or Ford, o forget which.

Dana

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2011, 11:16 AM »
I once hooked and landed a BIG WHEEL TRIKE! in the Merrimac River.

Glenn, get the net!

Santo180

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2011, 11:37 AM »
I was creek creeping with my dog (hot of summer walking down a creek you never fished)  and i climbed this tree to drop a crank into a deep hole and i had a buck looking right in my face.  Scared the crap out of me lol  And it was dead as a door knob 15 feet up in a tree.  It must have got lodged in there during a flood.  Knocked its horns off (6 Point) and till this day they are still my dogs favorite thing to chew on.

Yeah, I think that would scare the crap out of me too.

SWAMPGOOSE

« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2011, 11:48 AM »
lol turned around and it was like a foot from my face lol
cream ale is good, rolling rock is great, but land shark is king

ebour

« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2011, 12:00 PM »
I once pulled a dead catfish up from the bottom of a small dam. All I could see was its bellies, and I thought it was a stone so I picked it up. It scared me. It hadn't rotted or anything

Santo180

« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2011, 12:07 PM »
I once pulled a dead catfish up from the bottom of a small dam. All I could see was its bellies, and I thought it was a stone so I picked it up. It scared me. It hadn't rotted or anything

I had forgot about this, but on separate occasions last year, I found what I can only describe as the remains of a voodoo ritual.  There were dead chickens with and without heads as well as various types of tropical fruit (bananas, coconuts, etc...) strewn about.  It was absolutely disgusting.  It was at Collins Park in Scotia, NY.  Anybody on here see that crap last year?

fatfish

« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2011, 09:49 AM »
When I was young ,I snagged one of these steal deer tags still in season,that is when Wi. had a 3day season in the south part of the state. The only part of the tag you could snag was the hole is the one end.          Jerry

redarrow61

« Reply #14 on: Apr 21, 2011, 11:13 AM »
My buddy and i were jigging lead line in the Adirondacks, he had a fish on and when it surfaced i saw something orange.. this lake trout had a black plastic tipup attached to him by the line being all wrapped around him and the hook in his mouth and he was still feeding in 70 feet of water. We unwrapped the line set the trout free and kept the tip up lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.