FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What we did yesterday....  (Read 3355 times)

fozsey

What we did yesterday....
« on: Jul 20, 2004, 08:07 AM »
I was a little bored yesterday so I went out and cut down a tree for my GF's dad. Ok, so it was a little more than "A" tree. This one is a monster ash. All of that wood came out of one tree. We are getting ready to go get the rest today. Yesterday it was 94 degrees here and its supposed to be 97 today. Maybe we are a little nuts, but you have to take it when you can get it.  I can heat my house for 2 winters from that one tree. My dad and I divide up the wood and heat both our houses for pennies a month. ;D

Trophy Hunter639

Re: What we did yesterday....
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2004, 10:03 AM »
Wow! Fozsey Don't forget to drink heaps of water in that heat  :D

slipbob

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2004, 10:21 AM »
I say drink tons of beers in the heat and then run the chain saw and log splitter for kicks.  Just kidding, I was voted world's most dangerous logger back in my wood cutting days.  For best results don't follow my advice.  Seriously that's some work you got there.

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2004, 10:33 AM »
I think you need to rent one of thosse gas powered log splitters that do it all by itself. I think that would be money well spent. And hey, you can drink beer while you split the wood.

Cheers!!

You owe me one..................... ;)
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2004, 11:25 AM »
i enjoy cutting wood...but not in the heat....BTW  i suggest using them stumps for picnic tables!!! ;D ;D  grump

fozsey

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2004, 04:25 PM »
I think you need to rent one of thosse gas powered log splitters that do it all by itself. I think that would be money well spent. And hey, you can drink beer while you split the wood.

Cheers!!

You owe me one..................... ;)

Yes I do owe you one, but we have a gas powered wood splitter and have since about 1984. I have never split wood with a wedge and hammer or axe or at least not seriously anyway. With the splitter and a little time we can make short work of that entire pile. BTW, here is the pile after the rest. Again, one tree.

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2004, 09:05 AM »
in his early years my hubby would split that whole pile with an ax,and I would stack it all in one day no kidding.We are a couple of workaholics.He building a garage right now he started on 7/7 and he's got the walls up and plywood on windows installed and small door hung ,He's getting mad that he has to wait for the trusses.oh I forgot he spent one of those days tearing down the old onestall garage so he could get the wood for studs  ;D
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

Original FISHER Jodoin

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2005, 05:11 PM »
Git-R-Done
GIT _ R _ DONE

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.