FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Poachers Go To Prison  (Read 41272 times)

esox v

Re: Poachers Go To Prison
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2011, 07:41 PM »
Well put BML. At first I agreed with the punishment. out of pure disgust.  But the huge fine,loss of fishing/hunting license, community service would be fitting to this type of crime.
Funny !! I started out where you are... and now moving twords Jail time !! Go figure !! ;D ;D
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

northernmaddness

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2011, 07:56 PM »
i just read this whole thread and i think trapper pretty much says it best.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2011, 08:42 PM »
i just read this whole thread and i think trapper pretty much says it best.

thank  you  northern ,  seems  to me   someone  does  something  stupid   and  if  it  involves  fish   for  god  sakes  we  have  to prove  we  are real  sportsmen  by  demanding  the  death penalty  for  these   guys  ... for  gods  sakes  they  sold  a  few  panfish  there  not  joseph mengele  :cookoo: but  if  they  beat someone  half to death  and  hold them under water   2 of then would walk and one would  do  a few weekends!!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2011, 08:47 PM »
thank  you  northern ,  seems  to me   someone  does  something  stupid   and  if  it  involves  fish   for  god  sakes  we  have  to prove  we  are real  sportsmen  by  demanding  the  death penalty  for  these   guys  ... for  gods  sakes  they  sold  a  few  panfish  there  not  joseph mengele  :cookoo: but  if  they  beat someone  half to death  and  hold them under water   2 of then would walk and one would  do  a few weekends!!!!

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2011, 08:56 PM »
thank  you  northern ,  seems  to me   someone  does  something  stupid   and  if  it  involves  fish   for  god  sakes  we  have  to prove  we  are real  sportsmen  by  demanding  the  death penalty  for  these   guys  ... for  gods  sakes  they  sold  a  few  panfish  there  not  joseph mengele  :cookoo: but  if  they  beat someone  half to death  and  hold them under water   2 of then would walk and one would  do  a few weekends!!!!
i have keep quiet on this but the last statement makes since. the feds come in over some fish being sold but not much of anything done about an older guy being beatin ??? ??? ??? i am not happy with this at all. just not right and justice not served at all. well................ ???

bcons

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2011, 09:02 PM »
i have keep quiet on this but the last statement makes since. the feds come in over some fish being sold but not much of anything done about an older guy being beatin ??? ??? ??? i am not happy with this at all. just not right and justice not served at all. well................ ???
Earned idol status back! Agree 1000x!
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2011, 09:19 PM »
yeah you can almost drown a guy, but if you cross state lines with perch its a federal offense

esox v

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Tha
yeah you can almost drown a guy, but if you cross state lines with perch its a federal offense
That was my original point..it's the only reason this is happening.... the traveling across an invisible line is huge... there are many other things that are like that....like pistols...........
And I know who  the dirtball in the red truck is......
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Gamma Fish

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2011, 03:34 AM »
ThaThat was my original point..it's the only reason this is happening.... the traveling across an invisible line is huge... there are many other things that are like that....like pistols...........
And I know who  the dirtball in the red truck is......
I knew you'd remember after that description  ;D ;D
  I hope he doesn't show up this morning.  I love the peace and quiet of the early morning without that knucklehead hooting, hollering and boasting every time he catches a 6" bluegill and then trying to explain every detail of how his float went under the surface  ::) ::) ::)
   What a Putz !
Plastics are Fantastic !

kowboy

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2011, 07:28 AM »
Ok dont have much time but want to add somethings in this like i stated in my previous post i dont feel all that jail time is necessary for this crime but it is acrime so something has to b done. Some say community service thats all well and good but believe me it doesnt work, first u need supervision for that which the state,county town ect doesnt have. Then u have the well if poor johnys in jail how will he make any money to support himself or and his family. NY state believes we half to rehabilitate these offenders, not punish. Taking away thier licesense doesnt work we all know this as they dont care if they have one now or have lost it for yrs, they r going to do it no matter what, so the delema. Perfect point on the follow the Arizona way is my way good call. Believe me fellas were in a sad way in this country, if we dont figure these things out, and it starts with us as Americans. Have lots more to add but dont have time will look forward to adding more on friday. Good to see so many posts on this topic and different opinions. Let me end now by saying this, after 22yrs of dealing with the scumbags of this state 98 percent, will always b that, they dont learn much in prison that they dont alredy know out on the street.

adkbrookie

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2011, 03:32 PM »

and this is why just accepting laws as "god's own honest truth" probably isn't the best idea, need to be able to think critically. that way less crap like that happens

KingPerch

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2011, 04:10 PM »
Do the crime...DO the time!!! Ignorance has NO place in my book!!!! END OF STORY!!!!--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Spikehorn11

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2011, 04:55 PM »
I started to post earlier but deleted it.

While we don't know all the details I do think it is a little harsh.

People who have trafficked drugs over state lines have received less of a sentence. I think drugs effect a lot of people than fish.........

saquelie

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2011, 06:12 PM »
I hate to admit but i no the father and son and they have been caught many times with slaps on the wrists and no they were not perch they were crappies. the money they were paid were for a weekend. As long as you have a vt licence honey will buy um

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Without reading any of this topic I'm gonna summarize it from experience as a Mod.

2 pages of "Hang Em and Hang Em High"
1 page of  "Oh they're not that bad"
1/2 page of "The dirty dirty cops set them up"

And 1/2 page of "Maybe I was right, Maybe I was wrong"

How'd I do?

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.