FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Flasher's on Open Water  (Read 3741 times)

black hills tj

Flasher's on Open Water
« on: May 27, 2011, 11:38 PM »
Anyone use a flasher on open water?  I picked up a Marcum LX-5 this winter to play with on the ice, and didn't even get out on the ice enough to get a good grip on it.  Does anyone use a flasher on open water?  I'll be fishing off a boat, anchored or just drifting depending on what the fish are up to(if/when we find them).  I'm open to fish for whatever will bite.  Just wondering if its worth hauling the Marcum around.

Thanks,

BHTJ

fishinfuralivin

• nothin better than a day on the water
Re: Flasher's on Open Water
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 05:12 AM »
it   prolly would be good if you jig   in one spot       shoot i dunno   alot of peeps use them other wise   too.....n    ive only used dthem   under the ice     in one spot      do   tell your   outcome

bee

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 05:20 AM »
I use mine fishing Crappie. It works GREAT. Calm weather is best. Xducer is mounted on the trolling motor. I use a short rod so i can keep the jig in view.
Hookum & Cookum Otherwise Releaseum

surflizard

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 06:43 AM »
I use my Showdown in my Kayak, I put the unit between my legs and hang the ducer over the side and I'm off and running !  :thumbup_smilie:

black hills tj

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Hit the lake yesterday, but left the Marcum at home.  There was too much current to do any good I think.

Jynx

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 12:46 PM »
I tend to use mine out of the boat all the time, just a little water in the bottom(single hull aluminum) and it shoots right through without a problem. It works great for finding structure, and identifying bottom type.  I don't have a regular fish finder at the moment, so i make due with what I have.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.