FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: proposed dec regulations change  (Read 4491 times)

eyehi

proposed dec regulations change
« on: Jun 14, 2011, 10:55 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyone post comments about the proposed changes on the dec website ? i am against the 1 walleye on the st lawrence river change. protect the spawning females with a slot limit dont ruin the hole walleye fishing expierience. why would i drive 30 minutes to a river when i can only bring home 1 fish. i see more walleyes caught than pike but no one talks about that.   ::)
Budweiser pro staff

pikie

Re: proposed dec regulations change
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2011, 07:16 AM »
I agree, a slot would do a better job.  I'll go post a comment too.

pikie

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2011, 07:26 AM »
[email protected]

with subject "Possible Freshwater Fishing Regulation Changes 2012_GL_06"

esox v

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2011, 07:56 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyone post comments about the proposed changes on the dec website ? i am against the 1 walleye on the st lawrence river change. protect the spawning females with a slot limit dont ruin the hole walleye fishing expierience. why would i drive 30 minutes to a river when i can only bring home 1 fish. i see more walleyes caught than pike but no one talks about that.   ::)
I would Imagine that would effect the charter fishing business also...
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

eyehi

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2011, 08:32 AM »
the comment posting period ends this month and the changes would go into effect october 1  :(
Budweiser pro staff

eyehi

« Reply #5 on: Jun 15, 2011, 08:38 AM »
I would Imagine that would effect the charter fishing business also...
the walleye limit is only fron january 1 to march 15 to protect the taking of prespawn females. i do alot of ice fishing and see most people let 6 and 8 pounders go in favor of the smaller fish wich are better eaters. if u still are allowed to keep 1 walleye people will keep the 8 and ten pound fish. with the limit at 3 fish most people only keep large females for wall mounts which they still will do if only allowed 1. never seen anyone with a limit of walleye all over 5 pounds :o
Budweiser pro staff

fisher7450

• If theres a fish in the water I'll fish it
« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2011, 05:09 AM »
i agree i'm not going to drive all that way for one fish. that puts a hefty price tag onn that fish
A Great Fishermen doesn't need the best equipment.
A Great Fishermen makes the best of what they have.

eyehi

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2011, 08:50 PM »
i agree i'm not going to drive all that way for one fish. that puts a hefty price tag onn that fish
hoprfully they dont make the change ;D
Budweiser pro staff

Anchorman

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2011, 06:14 AM »

Not really a big deal. People drive across entire states for 1 steelhead.

Anchorman

« Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2011, 06:16 AM »

Yeah, but if that fish was 14 lbs, money probably wouldn't be an object. ;D

draketrutta

« Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2011, 07:59 AM »
Not really a big deal. People drive across entire states for 1 steelhead.

Not as much as we use to.

and keeping just 1 fish ain't the reason either.

The SR is turning into a darned Erie Cookie-Cutter stream.
It is getting to the point where it ain't even worth the drive to catch the same 6-8lber over & over again.

Now, the PETA (err, make that LOTAC types) are trying to drop the brown trout limit to 1.

Save the world by ruining a fishery?
<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

adkbrookie

« Reply #11 on: Jun 28, 2011, 08:37 AM »
Not as much as we use to.

and keeping just 1 fish ain't the reason either.

The SR is turning into a darned Erie Cookie-Cutter stream.
It is getting to the point where it ain't even worth the drive to catch the same 6-8lber over & over again.

Now, the PETA (err, make that LOTAC types) are trying to drop the brown trout limit to 1.

Save the world by ruining a fishery?

with the salmon and lake ontario fishery, near as i can tell it is doing WAY better than just about anything else. if it was up to me i would just leave the regs alone. if it ain't broke don't fix it. and the sea kitten huggers can go, well...

draketrutta

« Reply #12 on: Jun 28, 2011, 09:14 AM »

with the salmon and lake ontario fishery, near as i can tell it is doing WAY better than just about anything else. if it was up to me i would just leave the regs alone. if it ain't broke don't fix it. and the sea kitten huggers can go, well...

I guess that depends on what you are after...

Me - I'd rather have less fish in the river and have a bona-fide chance at hooking up with a 20lber.

Each year, my passion fades - I have no desire to fish for cookie cutters - along with the shoulder-shoulder sea-kitten lovers.

Different strokes.

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

esox v

« Reply #13 on: Jun 28, 2011, 04:03 PM »
 There is nothing wrong with the Brown trout fishery... This would be a regulation based  purely on peoples attitude and personal feelings about the harvesting of the fish...
   In the 8 hour a-tom-mik challenge 70 boats harvested 1,860 pounds of Brown trout.... I think we need to drop the tributary limit to one fish to provide better opportunities /and angler satisfaction.. GIVE ME A BREAK !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

dmntd169

« Reply #14 on: Jun 28, 2011, 04:23 PM »
I guess that depends on what you are after...

Me - I'd rather have less fish in the river and have a bona-fide chance at hooking up with a 20lber.

Each year, my passion fades - I have no desire to fish for cookie cutters - along with the shoulder-shoulder sea-kitten lovers.

Different strokes.

same way I've started to see it  :-\ :-\   why drive 3 hours to fish for 5-6# fish when I know local creeks that can produce rainbows of the same size class an hour from home where I don't have to fish shoulder to shoulder and then have people scream at me if I decide to keep one because they must be endangered because they only stock em by the million  ::) ::)
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.