FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ugh, what a day at the Chu Saturday.  (Read 868 times)

JustOsmo

Ugh, what a day at the Chu Saturday.
« on: Jul 04, 2011, 11:38 AM »
So my buddy couldnt go till 10. So we had a late day but planned to stay late. First thing we do is stop to get drinks... so my buddy rolls his windows up and we go in and come out and finish the drive to the Chu which was like 10 mins. We get there and the first thing he says is "oh no". I look back and both my rod tips were snapped at the tip... he rolled the windows up on them. So we have2 choices... I use his light rod or we drive to walmart... needless to say I wasnt going to use his light rod lol. We go to walmart and he replaces the good rod with a Ugly Stick MH 6'6" for 30$. I am happy so we start the tour. We started by the narrows and walked all the way to bull rock working the shore. We must have saw about 15 4+lb smallies coming up from the deep on the rocky drops along the way but NONE of them were interested in anything we threw at them (which is why I spent 90$ on new lures and plastics today, plus 50$ on a new medium rod). We figure it may have been the time of the day. We regretted no buying worms at the store. i am sure if we would have dropped a live crawler over them we would have had a few. So we ended the day near bull rock.. i eventually got a 3lb smallie. But then another eventful thing happened.. we are working the shore and what do we stumble on? A shiner bucket in the water with about a dozen mediums in it and a stringer with a monster white perch on it that is about 2 days old and rotting. Next to that was a worm blower. Score! Someone bolted in a hurry.. we figure it was unlicensed poachers. Eitherway they had not returned for days judging by the rotting fish on their stringer (the stringer was sttatched to the bucket so it was obviously the same people). So we helped ourselves. After awhile we notice a treat inside the bucket... 2 Got-A-Bites! What a score. (we were at this spot for a good hour to end the day so yes i am sure this wasnt someones gear, it was obviously abandoned)

So any of you who know the chu can appreciate how far we hikes.. from the narrows to bull rock and then from bull rock to st lukes cemetary then walked form there all the way to gate 34 on 110.....

Needless to say my feet hurt.

Any suggestions for the smallies? I am working them from the shore. Here is the thread with my new gear i have coming for smallies: http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=46922.0

88fishing

Re: Ugh, what a day at the Chu Saturday.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2011, 08:43 AM »
i had the same thing happen at the chu saturday also had a 6-7lb largmouth swim up to my senko and just nugde it then swim back to the depths did manage some fish in nighcrawler tho got 2 smallmouth a hornpout and a 4 lb sucker fish

qqbmwcichlid

« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2011, 04:27 PM »
I had luck using senko, popper and crankbaits this time of a year at CHU for smallies.

KeepaCatcha

« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2011, 05:48 PM »
you're not the only one whos snapped rod tips while putting up windows......lets just say we always break em down now :cursing:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.