FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Perch Tips  (Read 10131 times)

bcons

Re: Perch Tips
« Reply #45 on: Aug 17, 2011, 11:50 AM »
I use 30lb powerpro for perch & eyes  :P :P
For those of you asking, noodles are the way to go!  My favorite rod is a Browning Six Rivers noodle.  The pflug reels I use come with an extra spool, so I have a few interchangable spools.  1 @ 2lb, 1 @ 6lb, 1 @ 12lb, with this combo I catch anything!  12lb on this setup is my spinning combo of choice for Salmon & trout in the SR.  I lost count how many 20-30lb fish in current I got last season.  6lb for deep water jigging for perch, eyes, & smallies,  2lb when targeting Perch & pans.  I love the thing.
My 6'6's & 7's have their place, but if I had to pick one it wouldn't be one of them.  Yup the noodle loads a bit different especially when using a line above what it's rated for, but it's not much of an adjustment.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Gamma Fish

« Reply #46 on: Aug 17, 2011, 12:04 PM »
I use 30lb powerpro for perch & eyes  :P :P
For those of you asking, noodles are the way to go!  My favorite rod is a Browning Six Rivers noodle.  The pflug reels I use come with an extra spool, so I have a few interchangable spools.  1 @ 2lb, 1 @ 6lb, 1 @ 12lb, with this combo I catch anything!  12lb on this setup is my spinning combo of choice for Salmon & trout in the SR.  I lost count how many 20-30lb fish in current I got last season.  6lb for deep water jigging for perch, eyes, & smallies,  2lb when targeting Perch & pans.  I love the thing.
My 6'6's & 7's have their place, but if I had to pick one it wouldn't be one of them.  Yup the noodle loads a bit different especially when using a line above what it's rated for, but it's not much of an adjustment.
Oh boy.......I'm gonna have to take you fishing !      Once you lay your sawdust covered hands on the rods I use, your "Noodles" will be commisioned to be used as tomato stakes (just not on windy days)  ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch

« Reply #47 on: Aug 17, 2011, 01:10 PM »
SONARS RIP!!!! ;D :thumbup_smilie:--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Gamma Fish

« Reply #48 on: Aug 17, 2011, 04:03 PM »
SONARS RIP!!!!   Just like a Walleyes belly with 2 sets of trebles buried in it ;D :thumbup_smilie:--KP
:whistling: :whistling: ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch

« Reply #49 on: Aug 17, 2011, 04:21 PM »
:whistling: :whistling: ;)
CAN'T SAY THAT I EVER HOOKED 'EM IN THE BELLY....ALWAYS IN THE MOUTH!!! ;)--KP 8)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #50 on: Aug 17, 2011, 04:31 PM »
CAN'T SAY THAT I EVER HOOKED 'EM IN THE BELLY....ALWAYS IN THE MOUTH  ....Just like Salmon in October  ::) ;D!!! ;)--KP 8)
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch

« Reply #51 on: Aug 18, 2011, 03:24 PM »
Hooking Salmon in the mouth in October is EASY!!!!! Even GAMMA could do it!! ;D--KP ;D

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #52 on: Aug 18, 2011, 08:13 PM »
Hooking Salmon in the mouth in October is EASY!!!!! Even GAMMA could do it!! ;D--KP ;D
YA RIGHT  ??? ??? ??? ??? SALMON DONT EAT MAKIE PLASTICS ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D

Gamma Fish

« Reply #53 on: Aug 19, 2011, 01:31 AM »
YA RIGHT  ??? ??? ??? ??? SALMON DONT EAT MAKIE PLASTICS ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D
It's MAKI........Tough guy ! ;D ;D ;D

I'd bet if I drifted you on a hook in front of a salmon they wouldn't hit you either.   Want to try it in a few weeks ? ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

bcons

« Reply #54 on: Aug 19, 2011, 07:26 AM »
Oh boy.......I'm gonna have to take you fishing !      Once you lay your sawdust covered hands on the rods I use, your "Noodles" will be commisioned to be used as tomato stakes (just not on windy days)  ;D ;D

You have rods that actually work?  I thought the ones you had were merely intended to help hold the headliner up.  :whistling: :whistling:
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Gamma Fish

« Reply #55 on: Aug 19, 2011, 08:22 AM »
You have rods that actually work?  I thought the ones you had were merely intended to help hold the headliner up.  :whistling: :whistling:
Just the opposite !   They're pulling the headliner down ! ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

pike46

• looking for my 30 pounder
« Reply #56 on: Aug 19, 2011, 01:49 PM »
hey gamma thanks for the info.. If I'm out your way anytime soon ill drop you a line. and check out those rigs. Iwas out yesterday perch fishing, and saw some guys carp fishing with 13 foot specialized rods.. not noodle rods...maybe something similar to the ones you were using.

Trakndwg

« Reply #57 on: Aug 21, 2011, 10:50 AM »
I gotta tell ya, I've been fishing 4# NanoFil for panfish for about 3 weeks now. I LOVE THIS STUFF! Using a light 7 foot spinning rod I'm casting tiny jigs way, way farther than I've ever been able with any other line. Even in a breeze this line is out performing anything else. I have not hooked a trout, bass, or pickerel with it yet but I'm feeling confident that it will perform when that happens. This was a great tip. I'm going to rig up 2 or 3 more rods with it.
"All fishermen are liars. If they tell you they are not liars they are lying to you." --Paul Herbert (Tuna.com)

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #58 on: Aug 21, 2011, 04:46 PM »
I gotta tell ya, I've been fishing 4# NanoFil for panfish for about 3 weeks now. I LOVE THIS STUFF! Using a light 7 foot spinning rod I'm casting tiny jigs way, way farther than I've ever been able with any other line. Even in a breeze this line is out performing anything else. I have not hooked a trout, bass, or pickerel with it yet but I'm feeling confident that it will perform when that happens. This was a great tip. I'm going to rig up 2 or 3 more rods with it.
Yeah, I spooled some up this morning and am impressed with it.  Long casting and sensitive.  Like Fireline when it's broken in.  Remains to be seen if it will saw weeds off or resist abrasions but it's looking good so far.  Gonna spool some up on the long rod next.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Dark Cloud

« Reply #59 on: Aug 21, 2011, 05:00 PM »
I just fished about 6 hours a day for 6 days with NanoFil. Love the stuff!
Used the 8#(only because the store didnt have 6), tied on a number 10 spro swivel, and fished a 2ft piece of 8# p-line florocarbon. Never had to retie the swivel to the Nano... and I may have caught a few fish. ::)
Also had it on another reel tied direct to a pop-R all week. The stuff shines for topwater as it floats. After pausing the bait I never had to worry about it pulling the bait under when I started working it again. It also cut the weeds nice when a fish headed for them...
It is slick so just be carefull with your knots. Only had one incident with a loop down in the reel starting to form one of those spinning reel messes. Just pulled the line off by hand and she came right out...

Real similar to Fireline, just a bit smoother and thinner. The stuff shedds water also, which should be nice for on the ice...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.