FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mich Vacation  (Read 1822 times)

wallin

Mich Vacation
« on: Sep 20, 2011, 09:48 PM »
Spent the week in Mich on Houghton Lake most of the time-great place-some fish figuring the fronts that came thru-29 degrees 3 mornings in a row-20 to 25 mph winds or a lake of glass. Bro Scott-his wife Stephanie , my wife Sue and I enjoyed some fishing and a great day at Mackinac Island in the Upper U.P.. I got some pics of their Black squirrels also.Seen a few dead porcupines, and who know Mich had such a large herd of ELK. I made 2 different slide shows-.Big Bass Tourney, and many blanked-only a few boats caught fish-most of these guys were from Indiana.
The Mackinac Island 1 is quite long-so some may not want to view.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Bought their DVD called the ICE BRIDGE-its about life on the Island during winter, and the 3 mile ice bridge once the Lakes freeze.

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q289/svenia_01/2011%20Houghton%20Lake%20MI/?albumview=slideshow

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q289/svenia_01/2011%20Houghton%20Lake%20MI/2011%20Mackinac%20Island/?albumview=slideshow
Wallin

walkerd

• Cherish each day you dont know when it will end!!
Re: Mich Vacation
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2011, 05:42 AM »
Very cool pics. Im jeoulous.

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2011, 08:42 AM »
I am jealous. Wish I could go north for a late summer vacation. (Just have to go a little further north to the UP.)

stjosephriverauthority

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2011, 02:58 PM »
couple of my buddies tommy and randy fished there that week, they left early said those fronts just maid fishing horrible.

iceman10

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2011, 04:44 PM »
Wife & i go & always catch fish,but the best part is    BUCCILLIS PIZZA!!!!
THANKS FOR THE PICS. 8)

wallin

« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2011, 08:00 PM »
Seen that pizza place-but oppted for the Bar across the road lol-it was an easier walk home lol.
We stayed at Better Days Cabins.
Wallin

iceman10

« Reply #6 on: Sep 23, 2011, 10:26 AM »
Next time there try it ,all meat it is the  :bowdown:!Hope you didn t try Limberlost food there is  :(

wallin

« Reply #7 on: Sep 23, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Yea we tryed Limberlost for something new-they have great CC n 7"s  lol.
If I ever go back it will be for the walleye and if theres a good ice report on the eyes there.
Tom
Wallin

Hoosier

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Sep 24, 2011, 06:05 AM »
Very kewl pics Tom,looks like you had a great time.Really is a sweet place up there.Last time i was up there for ice,I didnt have time to check out the eats,to much fishin to do,,lol.I left saganaw bay after fishin all day drove up and slept in the baitshop parking lot.Fished all day and drove back to Indy that night. JT

ebour

« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2011, 07:55 PM »
I know where a black squirrel lives, have seen it for the past year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.