FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cast and Blast  (Read 1500 times)

Anyfish

Cast and Blast
« on: Oct 06, 2011, 11:58 PM »
One of my favorite fall trips is to float the Snake river and hunt Chukars and catch Steelhead.  Either that or catch catfish while hunting ducks on the Missouri.  Anybody else have this affliction!?  When I was a kid I used to put a hook and worm under a decoy just for the entertainment.  Tis the season!

eyefinder

Re: Cast and Blast
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2011, 09:02 AM »
The Snake River trip sounds near perfect to me, I will have to try it some time. Chukars and steelhead. Great combo

robbi

« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2011, 09:32 AM »
Both seem like a lot of fun.........years ago when I was still bow hunting I'd go to the breaks for a couple of weeks and bow hunt morning and evening then shoot doves in the afternoon and catfish at night......was a blast. 

streamside

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2011, 12:18 PM »
Years ago, we used to float the Bighorn for big fall browns, then jump out at the head of an island, walk the island jump hunting pheasants, then back in the drift boat for more fishing, till the next island. I can still close my eyes, and hear the river and smell the damp cottonwood leaves. Pure magic!
There are so many things that are true, even if they never really happened

OUTHNTN

• "CRANK IT, YANK IT & SLAP IT ON THE GRILLE!"
« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Just yesterday went antelope hunting in the morning (shot a 14 1/2" buck) and then went catfishing in the afternoon.  Oh boy do I look forward to fall each year!  Great hunting and fantastic fall fishing combined into one great day!  Good fishin' - OH

Anyfish

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2011, 10:19 PM »
Good stories!  I have been spending too much time working lately but I'm hoping for some bird and deer hunting by day pretty soon along with some lings or catfish by night!  We can sleep in the spring!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.