FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: FALL WALLEYE THREAD 2011  (Read 73706 times)

roadkill128

Re: FALL WALLEYE THREAD 2011
« Reply #15 on: Oct 17, 2011, 11:28 AM »
Been skunked so far this year.  have to change spots and tactics.
Opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect those of my employers.  Thank you, have a happy day and please drive through.

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #16 on: Oct 17, 2011, 11:38 AM »
RK128  whats up?
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

digdug63

« Reply #17 on: Oct 17, 2011, 05:41 PM »
Tried again Sunday night - nada

Special Ed

« Reply #18 on: Oct 17, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Caught a limit of keeper walleyes + many throwbacks at dusk tonight.   Waded out from XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX   Still some weeds to deal with.   Lots of bait on the surface.   Hardly anyone out there tonight.  

redarrow61

« Reply #19 on: Oct 17, 2011, 08:20 PM »
Just got back from the east end of the lake you know its gonna be good when the waves go under youre wading jacket and down your waders right to the toes , and it was good lol

FISH ON

« Reply #20 on: Oct 17, 2011, 08:34 PM »
I also went out, Lots of followers but no takers. Saw 3 to 4 eyes cruising the shore line, Had them follow my lure right to shore but just would not take it. Will try again tomorrow. FISH ON

BUCKEYES

« Reply #21 on: Oct 17, 2011, 08:46 PM »
Went to my spot tonight and caught a nice perch 12" 2nd cast then nothing. Only out about 45 min. but zero. Going out in am with boat. Good luck all.

digdug63

« Reply #22 on: Oct 17, 2011, 10:55 PM »
newbie question for those that wade - do you use a net to land them?  I have not, but have lost fish in transition from lure to stringer.  Afraid ill waste time untangling trebs from a net - any thoughts?  Thanks.

Special Ed

« Reply #23 on: Oct 17, 2011, 11:09 PM »
newbie question for those that wade - do you use a net to land them?  I have not, but have lost fish in transition from lure to stringer.  Afraid ill waste time untangling trebs from a net - any thoughts?  Thanks.
I use a Frabil rubber basket net.   Hooks rarely get stuck.  I cut the handle down to 20 inches and keep the net on a long lanyard so I can swing it behind me but still have quick access to it when needed.   I also shorten the depth of the net on my wading net. 
  Not a fan of stringers while wading either.    I made a floating fish basket with a wide opening.  Just drop the fish in and start casting again.   When those fish are in front of you, it's no time to be fumbling with a rope or metal stringer.  It's worse when it's cold out.

adkbrookie

« Reply #24 on: Oct 18, 2011, 12:03 AM »

grab them at the back edge of the gill plates and squeeze and jam a tumb in there too if you can, gives you a really good grip. it is how I hold hens while spawing. Put them on the stringer before you take the lure out (extra insurance). the less extra things you have to get in the way the better imo. the short handled rubber net does well too i'd imagine. the faster you can transition back to fishing the better.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #25 on: Oct 18, 2011, 01:03 AM »
East shore Eyes.... After my son's cub scout meeting

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #26 on: Oct 18, 2011, 03:23 AM »
East shore Eyes.... After my son's cub scout meeting

Right on brother !

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Re: FALL WALLLEYE THREAD 2011
« Reply #27 on: Oct 18, 2011, 03:52 AM »

My bud did a limit quick last night , south shore from a boat fisher bay I think he said . Shad rap in 10 fow .
Hey DD, FISH-ON KNOWS YOUR BUDDY. IF ITS THE SAME ONE I KNOW.. HEHEHE HAHA!!  ;D
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

redarrow61

« Reply #28 on: Oct 18, 2011, 03:56 AM »
I usually get them on the stringer then take the lure out seems to b worrking lol

FISH ON

Re: FALL WALLLEYE THREAD 2011
« Reply #29 on: Oct 18, 2011, 08:37 AM »
Hey DD, FISH-ON KNOWS YOUR BUDDY. IF ITS THE SAME ONE I KNOW.. HEHEHE HAHA!!  ;D

Who would that be JR.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.