FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: FALL WALLEYE THREAD 2011  (Read 73705 times)

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
FALL WALLEYE THREAD 2011
« on: Oct 15, 2011, 10:21 AM »
Alright boy's it's that time of year again. Whats your tactics for this fall? I'm a south shore guy even though i live in central square. But i may have a new north shore spot this year i will have to try.I start out in the boat around late october then if the spots i fish doesn't produce i will park the boat for the season and go to my shore spot until it snows. I will keep you posted when the action picks up. FISH ON.
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: FALL WALLLEYE THREAD 2011
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2011, 10:25 AM »

My bud did a limit quick last night , south shore from a boat fisher bay I think he said . Shad rap in 10 fow .

fishit

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2011, 10:27 AM »
 I typically start the SS nite bite routine the last week in september but this year I got a late start and have only been 3 times ...low success rates but the water was still in the low 60's.. maybe this cold rain will bring in more consistent numbers...still alot of healthy weed beds in shallow, once they die and rip out the bait will be more concentrated  (hopefully)
   If the fish don't cooperate then it looks like we are eating tartar sauce sandwiches again...
1,168,124 Trout caught and released since 1997...another good year for the trout...

outdoorsman

« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Got this guy while looking for lake trout in a Finger Lake last week (4.5 lbs).  We found good numbers of perch in 55-60 FOW, on the bottom, and this guy was there eating them...it hit a 1 ounce white jigging spoon.  I'm thinking that deep vertical jigging might be good this time of year!

"I just want to get the work over as soon as possible so I can do some fishing. Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except that I still get to kill something."

drowndin dots

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2011, 10:36 AM »
Got this guy while looking for lake trout in a Finger Lake last week (4.5 lbs).  We found good numbers of perch in 55-60 FOW, on the bottom, and this guy was there eating them...it hit a 1 ounce white jigging spoon.  I'm thinking that deep vertical jigging might be good this time of year!

Good lookin eye !

FISH ON

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2011, 10:50 AM »

My bud did a limit quick last night , south shore from a boat fisher bay I think he said . Shad rap in 10 fow .

SWEET!

FISH ON

Re: FALL WALLEYE THREAD 2011
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Just got back from my first fall eye outing of the year. Managed one and of course a half dozen pickerel. Oh the rain and wind where brutal.

filetandrelease

« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2011, 06:55 AM »

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2011, 08:04 AM »
Real nice fish!

drowndin dots

« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2011, 08:10 AM »
Just got back from my first fall eye outing of the year. Managed one and of course a half dozen pickerel. Oh the rain and wind where brutal.

Tell Challanger where ya got it and what you used  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Nice eye bro

digdug63

« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2011, 11:01 AM »
Also got out last night - big waves, sideways rain, couldn't cast very far in a brutal wind but it was all good cause they were biting.  Couple of keepers on black/silver countdown.

rondog

« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2011, 11:16 AM »
What wind direction is the most favorable ? Where I live the wind doesn't come from the same direction two days in a row

reeleyz

« Reply #12 on: Oct 16, 2011, 12:01 PM »
Normally you want the wind blowing in your face. So towards whatever shore you are fishing. Some nights it doesn't matter and some nights it does.

FISH ON

« Reply #13 on: Oct 16, 2011, 08:02 PM »
Tell Challanger where ya got it and what you used  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Nice eye bro

I use thunder sticks, for me the bigger the better. black & silver blue & silver or perch colors. Really super slow. WHERE??? oneida lake thats all i can say.

FISH ON

« Reply #14 on: Oct 16, 2011, 08:24 PM »
Normally you want the wind blowing in your face. So towards whatever shore you are fishing. Some nights it doesn't matter and some nights it does.

Thats how it was last year. Nights that i thought were going to be good in the boat sucked, Caught most of my fish from shore.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.