FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2012 ONEIDA LAKE BS THREAD  (Read 61445 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
2012 ONEIDA LAKE BS THREAD
« on: Mar 01, 2012, 02:27 AM »
Seems a bit early to be back over to MFF, but here we are, I'm starting the BS thread with respect for Dead, that always started the diehard thread. As much as I dislike to say it this early.....but WASSS UP HOMMIES? Lets have some fun this season.

skunkedbywalleye

Re: 2012 ONEIDA LAKE BS THREAD
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2012, 06:05 AM »
Counting the days FM....just waiting to see if I have a slip saved for me at Fremacs :)

OTIS

« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2012, 06:40 AM »
With the ice we had this year it's good to be back!  As soon as the ice clears from the marina, the boat will be back in the water.  This is looking to be the earliest year on the open water with the boat for us.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

reeleyz

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2012, 07:02 AM »
I am still depressed about ice fishing being over on Oneida  :'(

The good news is that walleye season is still open for 2 more weeks though  ;D

bcons

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2012, 07:47 AM »
I am still depressed about ice fishing being over on Oneida  :'(

The good news is that walleye season is still open for 2 more weeks though  ;D

Shhhhhhhhh Don't tell anyone  :-X :-X :-X

Looking at the forecast I think this may be the 1st yr I boat one before season closes.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

reel_mccoy

« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2012, 10:38 AM »
I'm a PA boy who has missed the ice on oneida the past two seasons (last year was birth of my first child, and this year i simply blinked and the ice was gone!!   :o)   but the way that the walleye hit up there in this brief but fruitful season, from what i read on the IS BS thread, you boys and gals should have a blast up there the next two weeks, especially the last few days before the season goes out!!  go get em guys!!   ;D

smokemetallic

« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2012, 10:43 AM »
 After last fall's successful shore fishing season, can't wait to get out this spring on Oneida for the 'eyes.  Will be my first year with a boat, just a 14ft' aluminum with a 18horse. It will get me around though, as long I'm careful with the weather..  Still looking for a trailer for it.  Any of you local guys have one for sale let me know. Thanks

00Fisher00

« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Any open launches around?! Really is BS, we should be walking out to 'em!  Serious about the launches though....

reel_mccoy

« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2012, 10:51 AM »
smoke,
  getting that boat out there will definately increase your catch!!  i've seen alot of walleyes come out from shore at sylvan beach by the canal and rock  at the right time of year (or at night by the rocks), but having that boat will allow you to chase them no matter what water depth they are in.  only thing is though, there will be a lot of days when i'd be a little leary about taking a 14 footer out there.  when that wind picks up - look out!  i have a 12 ft myself for the small ponds around here, and i've had some white-knuckled times getting back to the launch on day that turned out windy, but then again its a jonboat so not designed with the higher sides.  its gets me back into the stumps and lily pads though:)  good luck!!

GrnDrake

« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2012, 05:19 PM »
Has anyone tried fishing from shore yet?  Canal should be good.

tracker 1

« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2012, 05:34 PM »
 I am getting the boat ready. Need to put in winshield and will be ready to go. Will look for place thats not to shallow to launch.

bcons

« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2012, 07:55 PM »
I am getting the boat ready. Need to put in winshield and will be ready to go. Will look for place thats not to shallow to launch.

rumor has it the lake is actually at ok levels, despite limited snow & no pack to speak of melting, still decent.  Now when are those docks going in?
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

smokemetallic

« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2012, 08:27 PM »
smoke,
  getting that boat out there will definately increase your catch!!  i've seen alot of walleyes come out from shore at sylvan beach by the canal and rock  at the right time of year (or at night by the rocks), but having that boat will allow you to chase them no matter what water depth they are in.  only thing is though, there will be a lot of days when i'd be a little leary about taking a 14 footer out there.  when that wind picks up - look out!  i have a 12 ft myself for the small ponds around here, and i've had some white-knuckled times getting back to the launch on day that turned out windy, but then again its a jonboat so not designed with the higher sides.  its gets me back into the stumps and lily pads though:)  good luck!!

Reel, thanks for the advice,  grew up fishing with my dad in a 14ft aluminum... If your careful they work great.  We've done everything from bay of quinte to chibugamou in Quebec in his.  On Oneida we launch from the south shore launch and head to Shackleton mostly, if the wind gets too much we tuck in behind the island for a bit.  Definitely would like to try the fall shore bite this year down by sylvan beach... Sounds like its good.  Tight lines!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2012, 12:45 AM »
Drove by the slips for a peek yesterday......almost time to start feeding them trees again!!

cnypanfisher

« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2012, 05:11 AM »
The lake is really low isn't it? Someone said there was only 6 inches of water in Godfrey's launch a few days ago on IS. The perch are usually pretty hungry in March, whoever gets out to grassy in a boat will cream them.

cny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.