FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414431 times)

nightfisher

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #300 on: May 07, 2012, 08:14 PM »
It was the maiden voyage it will be all good for this fri. nite. :thumbup_smilie:
 Dont mind him, he likes to whine  ;D  Hey Kev, you caught fish off the boat , unlike friday nite. LOL  Good fishing with you guys.

eyedoctor

« Reply #301 on: May 07, 2012, 08:26 PM »
fished out of lakeport and got my limit but had to work for them . all on black 1/2oz jig tipped with crawler mostly20 to24 ft depth

wiredstone

« Reply #302 on: May 07, 2012, 08:29 PM »
How true. Friday was 0 for 0   The boat held 1000lbs and still was afloat. Not bad. Thanks again for the ride Jim. I had a blast as always. Ball busting is part of the game ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

Hollywood

« Reply #303 on: May 07, 2012, 09:06 PM »
Thanks Snag!!!

Ya hear that Tom?? We've just been Knighted by the King!  :bowdown:

I'm sure I'll screw it up....I go from hero to zero quickly...ask my wife.  ;D

OneidaLakeEyes

• Ready for Walleye season yet?
« Reply #304 on: May 07, 2012, 10:28 PM »
EyeDoctor, I fished to Cicero area and had to work for them as well.What a pain in the ass lol
Walleye, Bullhead, Pike, Trout. Its that time of year again.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #305 on: May 07, 2012, 11:27 PM »
Great reports gents. Good to see a bunch of success for the opening weekend. Coach and I found a fish or two also.!! ;)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #306 on: May 08, 2012, 01:13 AM »

Fished in my buddies boat from 9pm-1230 tonight, stiff south winds and a driving rain made it difficult in the dark, I managed to land 4 eyes, dumped 3 more, all on 1/4 oz. jigs.  no crazy bite tonight for me.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

OTIS

« Reply #307 on: May 08, 2012, 06:32 AM »
Interesting water temps.  ??? We were off Cleveland on Saturday and found 49f everywhere we went. Was anyone else watching water temps?

On the east end, in Fish Creek, the canal, and out in the south east part of the lake I was averaging 57 degrees.  That's 10 degrees warmer than it had averaged the past two weeks.  May have been due to the rains we had last week.

by the way guys there is a dead head sticking up east of 109 about 300 yrds , sorry it was busy when i saw it unable to get back on it with gps cords , only reason i saw it was due to the dump ducks perched on it

I ran across that too, and the birds perched on it was the only reason it caught my eye.  It was probably 3-400 yards due west from the mouth if the canal.

'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

CNY Lee

« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2012, 08:43 AM »
I hit one of those dead heads a couple of years ago and messed up my gears in my lower unit, because there was no visible damage the insurance company wouldn't cover it.  I told them if I knew that I would have took a sledge hammer to it, I also said thanks for the info it will come in handy for me or anyone else I know in the future.  LOL

On the east end, in Fish Creek, the canal, and out in the south east part of the lake I was averaging 57 degrees.  That's 10 degrees warmer than it had averaged the past two weeks.  May have been due to the rains we had last week.

I ran across that too, and the birds perched on it was the only reason it caught my eye.  It was probably 3-400 yards due west from the mouth if the canal.

icedd

« Reply #309 on: May 08, 2012, 08:54 AM »
Great pic's looks like everybody did good I'm gonna talk choo into a trip proably the 19Th for some eater eyes

nightfisher

« Reply #310 on: May 08, 2012, 09:14 AM »
I hit one of those dead heads a couple of years ago and messed up my gears in my lower unit, because there was no visible damage the insurance company wouldn't cover it.  I told them if I knew that I would have took a sledge hammer to it, I also said thanks for the info it will come in handy for me or anyone else I know in the future.  LOL

Try Progressive insurance, Hit a deadhead in Canada a few years ago at full power. Busted up the prop, broke the skeg. Hung a new
prop to finish out the trip. Couldn't throttle up cause of a vibration. Called them when we got back. They paid me for a tear down of the lower unit , sent out an adjuster, she actually used a micrometer on the prop shaft which was bent 60 thousandths. Paid for everything. New lower unit, prop and gear oil. They even paid me at my labor rate. The plus was my premiums did not go up afterwards.

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #311 on: May 08, 2012, 11:08 AM »
Your still welcome in it any time.  (If you run the trolling motor)

Are you serious about the trolling motor I get nothing but complaints. I think I'll just loung in the back and complain, maybe bounce a few MHL caps off your hat or something. 

Hey what are you thoughts about running 2 year gas through a 4-stroke that was stabilized with stabil marine? I have about 15 gallons of gas in the tank.  To get rid of it I have to buy probably 3 gas cans and surrender them when I bring the stuff in to drop off. To get rid of old gas in Madison Co they send you to the Fairgrounds in Syracuse to get rid of it.  I was thinking of putting some octane booster in it and a few gallons of high test. 
shut up and fish

gatorsin09

« Reply #312 on: May 08, 2012, 11:39 AM »
hoping this heavy rain stops so I can run out for a few hours tonight,picked up a cheap 100 dollar trolling motor to hold me over until the new boat arrives in 20 days! going to focus on jigging and cranks and lay off the planer boards and harnesses this time, when I started last year they worked great but it was the end of may.

Does anyone know where I can start reading about eye,salmon,trout fishing in ontario near oswego?will finally have a boat capable of heading up there. Looking to trailer the new boat once a week to some new spots.....fished oneida for 20 years so im alittle lost on where else to head

reeleyz

« Reply #313 on: May 08, 2012, 11:47 AM »
hoping this heavy rain stops so I can run out for a few hours tonight,picked up a cheap 100 dollar trolling motor to hold me over until the new boat arrives in 20 days! going to focus on jigging and cranks and lay off the planer boards and harnesses this time, when I started last year they worked great but it was the end of may.

Does anyone know where I can start reading about eye,salmon,trout fishing in ontario near oswego?will finally have a boat capable of heading up there. Looking to trailer the new boat once a week to some new spots.....fished oneida for 20 years so im alittle lost on where else to head

Try this site for some GREAT Ontario info and reports. www.lakeontariounited.com

As for the worm harnesses. I ran one or two drifting this weekend with a bottom bouncer and never had a bite on them. No problem getting them to hit jigs though. I decided last year that I will not troll until July. I love catching them jigging or casting sticks.

Old Timer

« Reply #314 on: May 08, 2012, 11:59 AM »
Try this site for some GREAT Ontario info and reports. www.lakeontariounited.com

As for the worm harnesses. I ran one or two drifting this weekend with a bottom bouncer and never had a bite on them. No problem getting them to hit jigs though. I decided last year that I will not troll until July. I love catching them jigging or casting sticks.

Try a minnow or leach on that harness ( 1 hook)..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.