FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414512 times)

LOA

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #405 on: May 12, 2012, 10:50 AM »
When you see them that shallow....don't wade out. Just cast to them and see if they'll bite!! Mighta spooked them entering the water!! ;)

Unfortunately i didnt see them until i was on my way in from wading out about waste deep.

Hollywood

« Reply #406 on: May 12, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Got to go fishing with the master this morning from about 9 til 11 or so. Nice gentle breeze with just enough chop to get it done, it was more of a jig bite where we were. Many fish were rolled a couple times before they were hooked.

If I had a nickel for every hour this man spent hunting & fishing with me, I could retire.
Thanks Dad!

KingPerch

« Reply #407 on: May 12, 2012, 11:56 AM »
Unfortunately i didnt see them until i was on my way in from wading out about waste deep.
Go gettum next time!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #408 on: May 12, 2012, 11:57 AM »
Got to go fishing with the master this morning from about 9 til 11 or so. Nice gentle breeze with just enough chop to get it done, it was more of a jig bite where we were. Many fish were rolled a couple times before they were hooked.

If I had a nickel for every hour this man spent hunting & fishing with me, I could retire.
Thanks Dad!

Real Nice Hollywood and Dad!!! :bowdown:--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

wiredstone

« Reply #409 on: May 12, 2012, 12:31 PM »
Great pics you guys :clapping:
wooo fish on. Never mind

Spikehorn11

« Reply #410 on: May 12, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Great job Hollywood!!!

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #411 on: May 12, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Nice fish Hollywood. Me and a friend of mine got out around 6am this morning, Had to find them and when we did holycow. Jigs were the key. Every pass we would pick up 2-3 . Between 10- 1030am was the best time for us. Fish On.
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2012, 01:59 PM »
great job hollywood on the eyes. KP we need to have a talk i think ??? ::) ::) ;D ;D

coachwarner

« Reply #413 on: May 12, 2012, 02:06 PM »
I fished last night with Jr., Coach and my friend Pat. Fished from 8-12:00. all had hookups really quick. Jr. caught 2, Coach caught 2, Pat caught 2,  and KP coulda had a limit, but, dropped every fish I had hooked. :-\ The final straw was when I was reeling in a really nice fish, when the hook popped out at the shore, I reached down to grab the fish with one hand, set my rod down with the other, wally decided to take a spin, I reached for the fish with my free hand, stuck the dorsal fin in my hand, and .........you guys can figure out the rest!!!!! ;D After cleaning up the blood, returned to fishing only, to have Mr. Beaver show up, not impressed with us being in his spot, started slapping his tail on the water and spooked the fish out! Great night with great people. Coach and Pat, nice fishing with you guys. Jr., great job on your fish buddy!! Including the pig smallmouth you caught!! :bowdown: :flex: I have fished through many fishless days..... without regret!! LIFE IS GOOD!! Titelines!--KP 8)
It was a great night!!! Nice Job Jr :thumbup_smilie: and KP looked like Bear Grylls trying to catch fish with his bare hands  :flex: ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

coachwarner

« Reply #414 on: May 12, 2012, 02:23 PM »
Its too bad FM could not go with us KP, but he was in timeout again ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #415 on: May 12, 2012, 03:20 PM »
Nice job Hollywood!

What a great day to be on the water.

Got out around 6:45 a.m.. There's a wicked bug hatch going on right now, and with very little wind, I was eatin' and breathin' bugs for a while. Had 'em in my ears, nose and tear ducts. I think the bugs are bringing the bait to the surface out there. When it is calm, you can see the sheepheads crashing the surface (like they do in June). Saw a couple of sheephead "squadrons" cruising by.
Got into the walleyes right away. I caught the first three on a sonar, but when I switched to a bucktail they hammered it. After that bite slowed down, I switched back to the sonar and they were lovin' that again.
I was all set to call it quits fot the morning when my girlfriend called and said she was coming out. Took her out to get her limit and we dropped the hammer on 'em again.

The fish are starting to spread out on the flats surrounding deeper structure. Also ... fish are holding on the steep drops. We got bit everywhere from 19 to 29 fow today.

reeleyz

« Reply #416 on: May 12, 2012, 05:34 PM »
Nice job gentlemen!!!

My buddy Eric and I gave it another shot this morning. We had to work a little harder today but did okay. Ended up with a limit of eyes and then some. We also got some nice bonus perch too. We caught fish mostly from 14' - 23' on bucktails. Just before we headed in we tried a mud flat in 44'. We hit one nice eye there and lost a couple. Marked quite a few deep and even some suspended.

Here are our fish from last night and this morning.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #417 on: May 12, 2012, 06:02 PM »

Great reports guys!!!!!!!

After doing last nights shift couldn't do the daybreak one, so me and my buddy big Jim from pa got there a little later, started fishing at 930am , We were greated by bright sunshine and calm conditions after reading the weather forecasts for 10-15mph winds, thought great we'll do well if we find a nice group of eyes with the light drift, and we did right out of the gate. Started jigging sonars in 16 fow and second cast , first waldo in the boat, next  hour and half produced 11 eyes in the boat in 15-18 fow. A breeze set up that messed with our drift so we took off for deeper water, settled into 19-23 feet flat and picked at a few more, then drove even a tad deeper to a 25 fow  flat and got some more nice ones... ended up with 25 eyes and 2 perch by 330pm... Great first day back jigging sonars from a boat. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #418 on: May 12, 2012, 06:29 PM »
You fishing from a boat or from shore?

shore, theres a bunch of little nooks and crannies I check when I'm down there.  Did the boat today.

Hey Otis, the marina loaded up with buckeyes today, it was a carpet.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Spikehorn11

« Reply #419 on: May 12, 2012, 06:41 PM »
Great job guys!!
Keep the pics and reports coming.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.