FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414830 times)

LOA

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #495 on: May 16, 2012, 05:24 PM »
Got a few eyes at Williams beach two nights ago using stick baits in waders. Gonna go out and try my luck again there tonight.

Do you fish there often? I have been there every weekend night since the opener. Went last night as well. Did well opening weekend, since then I have caught a total of two eyes and some bass/panfish.

I drive a stickered up green nissan pathfinder. Anyone see's me there stop and say hello

reeleyz

« Reply #496 on: May 16, 2012, 05:50 PM »

Kinda gives a whole new meaning to sportin a Chubby  :w00t:

:rotflol:

You guys are killing me. Cubby had a chubby.  ;D

bobber down

• king jiggler
Re: Tell Dave of world famous Daves bait
« Reply #497 on: May 16, 2012, 05:53 PM »
My friend and I had the chance to finally get out and fish for walleye.We did not catch alot but what we caught were very nice, one at 28" thats between 7-8 lbs, two 24"at 5lbs and the smallest at 23" 4lbs. Among some very nice white and yellow perch, two  bass. The next thing that the perch and walleye have to worrie about is the beer batter and hot peanut oil
To be washed down with some Blue (labattes) The water temps were perfect 64 and a cold front was coming. It ws great to get out and practice for my fly in trip in 6 weeks, now I really can't wait
Huntstolong please show this to Dave thanks
:clapping: Those are some nice fish octanchi5 if you would of caught them on opening weekend you would of won the torney with the 28incher n had the two 24inchers in the top 8. :bowdown:
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #498 on: May 16, 2012, 06:14 PM »
Those are some very nice fish ... for Oneida lake at this time of the year.

geeze jim how many that size have you caught in the fall or winter and that many  ;)

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #499 on: May 16, 2012, 06:18 PM »
The fish we caught were in the state of Ct. on a lake called saltenstall. its a res that's owned by the regional water authority. it is highly regulated. I believe our next state record wally will come out of it. last fall they shocked up some that went over 12lbs. I have pics but did not down load yet I'll try to post later. they were the best walleye's I ever caught in our state
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

Hollywood

« Reply #500 on: May 16, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Short trip tonight- took the first 3 and headed home early, found some along a rocky point in 12-20 that were eager to pound the sonar. The wind was ripping so hard from the WNW it was hard to get the drift sock in the water. Cubby was missing FM tonight...he says NOBODY gives up leg like Lance...

bobber down

• king jiggler
« Reply #501 on: May 16, 2012, 06:29 PM »
The fish we caught were in the state of Ct. on a lake called saltenstall. its a res that's owned by the regional water authority. it is highly regulated. I believe our next state record wally will come out of it. last fall they shocked up some that went over 12lbs. I have pics but did not down load yet I'll try to post later. they were the best walleye's I ever caught in our state
Oh!! thought you caught on oneida.
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #502 on: May 16, 2012, 06:56 PM »
geeze jim how many that size have you caught in the fall or winter and that many  ;)

Uhmmmmmm ........... never that many that big. LoL

I thought that maybe the action was from CT because the heading of the thread didn't match this thread.
Nice fish though octanehi5, no matter where you got 'em ... especially CT!

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #503 on: May 16, 2012, 07:48 PM »
Thanks for the comp. My intent was that a few guys on this thread know Dave  of dave's bait at great sagandaga, I was trying to get them to pass the info to him.The lake is tough to fish it has rules like you have to be off the properety by sunset, all boats on it are rented by the water company during the week tuesday and friday rental is from 6am to 1 pm.It has tons of alwives in it, you can not bring live bait in only night crawlers,This last yr they shocked up a few at over 12 lbs, the record in this state is 14 lbs, it could very well fall this yr.Out of all the ways to catch walleyes only one works well, Lindy no snag and worm harness,the other thing that makes it so hard no gas engines only batt opp.trolling motors. But we got some dandies
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

gatorsin09

« Reply #504 on: May 16, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Got out last night for a couple hours and picked up 2. Stayed around maple bay,tried 20 fow and then 10 fow after the sun went down. these were the only 2 eyes we saw all night.both on a bucktail. the larger was just under 21. Caught another white perch that was the size of a smallmouth,crazy how big they are. Think im going to have to start running down east because I suck on the west end this spring

CMDRSTP

« Reply #505 on: May 16, 2012, 08:54 PM »
Thank you all very much!
“You see, in this world, there’s two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns…and, those who dig. You dig.”

zackblain

« Reply #506 on: May 16, 2012, 09:00 PM »
Guys, if I were to make the trek out to oneida from honeoye with my 16' 9.9 horse boat, would I be able to safely make it to some decent walleye fishing grounds? if so could you possible put me in the right direction as far as where on the lake or which launches to head out of? any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated

OneidaLakeEyes

• Ready for Walleye season yet?
« Reply #507 on: May 16, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Do you fish there often? I have been there every weekend night since the opener. Went last night as well. Did well opening weekend, since then I have caught a total of two eyes and some bass/panfish.

I drive a stickered up green nissan pathfinder. Anyone see's me there stop and say hello

I was there 2 nights ago and got my limit using a black and silver floating rapala. I just got home from there tonight and caught two. The first one was 23 1/4 and I put it on my metal stringer and the bottom of the stringer snapped and the fish got away. the second one was 18. They both hammered the rapala. I also caught a Sheepshead and 5 pickeral.

This is the one that didnt get away tonight.
Walleye, Bullhead, Pike, Trout. Its that time of year again.

OneidaLakeEyes

• Ready for Walleye season yet?
« Reply #508 on: May 16, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Also, If you see a silver GMC Envoy in the lot with a Steelers sticker on it, It's me. Say hello.
Walleye, Bullhead, Pike, Trout. Its that time of year again.

LOA

« Reply #509 on: May 16, 2012, 09:37 PM »
Also, If you see a silver GMC Envoy in the lot with a Steelers sticker on it, It's me. Say hello.

Black and silver husky jerk, and perch challenger junior has been my better lures...

I'll be there tomorrow probably and friday night definitely..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.