FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414748 times)

cnypanfisher

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2012, 04:32 PM »
I'm in the beginning phases of building a new home in the Toad Harbour area the last few days and the bugs are terrible. In a matter of 2 minutes my truck is covered in those nasty things!!!! I just got back to my office and found one in a tissue after I blew my nose!!! :cursing:--KP 8)
Hey those baby perch and sunfish are eating some of those bugs before they jump out of the lake, you love those bugs lol.

cny

filetandrelease

« Reply #616 on: May 21, 2012, 06:50 PM »
I'm in the beginning phases of building a new home in the Toad Harbour area the last few days and the bugs are terrible. In a matter of 2 minutes my truck is covered in those nasty things!!!! I just got back to my office and found one in a tissue after I blew my nose!!! :cursing:--KP 8)

stop it at least you blew him out  ;D , it's just a bug  ;)

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #617 on: May 22, 2012, 09:08 AM »
got out this morning at day break again. brought my niehbor out with me. we got 3 walleyes, and 5 pickerals. dumped a few also. water temp. is 66. that rain we had yesterday was warm. it wasn't as rough as yesterday. the target depth is still 12fow.   later...

jlucky

« Reply #618 on: May 22, 2012, 09:25 AM »
Spent 4 days Thursday Thu  Sunday last week with 10 guys on the east end. Put 110 in the box plus too many shorts to count. Majority on harnesses. Depth didn't seem to matter 10 to 30 ft. It was awsome! Didn't want to come home. Back at work now dreaming of my next trip! This is the best site in the forum. Lots of great information. Thanks

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #619 on: May 22, 2012, 02:52 PM »
Forgot to mention, marked fish on bottom in 43fow on the way in and jigged up a 21" eye after a few mins. Then left for home.

LOA

« Reply #620 on: May 22, 2012, 05:31 PM »
Anyone still getting them from shore the last few nights at all?

LOA

« Reply #621 on: May 22, 2012, 05:42 PM »
Anyone know of a decent place to rent a boat on oneida for a fair price?

KingPerch

« Reply #622 on: May 22, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Where on toad harbor?? My sons girlfriend lives right on the lake on toad harbor rd.
Shaw Road, where the old Lodge was once located! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

griff

« Reply #623 on: May 22, 2012, 06:34 PM »
My Dad and I got our limit this morning 10 to 14 FOW. The Brown and White jig out performed the Black and Purple  the past few outings

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #624 on: May 22, 2012, 07:45 PM »
me my dad and a friend of mine got out today caught our limit and released idk how many 16fow was our best depth
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

Hollywood

« Reply #625 on: May 22, 2012, 08:36 PM »
Got to the lake just in time to watch a big storm move in from the NW. Lake went from millpond to scary in a matter of minutes while we watched. Ditched fishing & went to Flo's for dinner...that place has to be the best value for a meal of anywhere I've ever been- and they've been doing it a long time! Beautiful crazy sky on the way home & an awesome rainbow...always a great trip- fish or not!

railman19

« Reply #626 on: May 22, 2012, 08:45 PM »
went out Friday , Saturday and Sunday was finished fish by 9:30 ea day with 6 for me and the wife plus released at least a dozen more each day plus some bonus Perch.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #627 on: May 22, 2012, 09:13 PM »
Got to the lake just in time to watch a big storm move in from the NW. Lake went from millpond to scary in a matter of minutes while we watched. Ditched fishing & went to Flo's for dinner...that place has to be the best value for a meal of anywhere I've ever been- and they've been doing it a long time! Beautiful crazy sky on the way home & an awesome rainbow...always a great trip- fish or not!
only got a light rain for about 1 minute on the west end. just east around constantia got hammered. and absolutley beautiful rainbow just before dark ;D.   later...

Munson

« Reply #628 on: May 22, 2012, 10:24 PM »
Picked up a limit of eater walleyes from the rocks at Oneida Shores tonight.   Caught a few smallmouths and a sheephead too.
 Nice night to be out with the stiff breeze and lack of bugs !

reeleyz

« Reply #629 on: May 23, 2012, 05:22 AM »
Hit the lake last night with icecutter. We got out just in time for that rain to come through. We hit a couple white perch and then decided to head in and wait out the rain because of the wind and thunder. We drank a few pops in the boathouse and BSed a bit. After the rain delay we decided to give it a whirl for the last hour or so of daylight.

We ended up jigging up 8 eyes, 3 keepers. Also picked up about 8 whites and 1 yellow. We dumped and missed a bunch of fish. The eyes were in 25' - 28'.

Here is that rainbow. It was actually a double rainbow. It was a beautiful night out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.