FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414226 times)

Hollywood

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #630 on: May 23, 2012, 05:34 AM »
Nice pics, Reeleyz!  8)

icecutter2

« Reply #631 on: May 23, 2012, 05:59 AM »
I don't post much here since I'm just now in the process of putting my own boat in the water, but was a great night fishing with reeleyz. Lost time due to weather, but did well while we were out there. Hey Reeleyz, I thought you said a Purple bucktail was just an 'Ol wives tale?? ;D ::)

jlucky

« Reply #632 on: May 23, 2012, 06:06 AM »
Anyone know of a decent place to rent a boat on oneida for a fair price?

Three Pines Marina in North Bay

Scout185

« Reply #633 on: May 23, 2012, 06:35 AM »
The man hit on 81 died yesterday morning. He was a friend I've known since childhood. He had a heart of gold. I had a big brown trout in his freezer, that I was saving up to have mounted. He took a taxidermy class, and surprised me one Christmas Eve with a beautiful mount of my trout. It hangs in my livingroom, and will always remind me of all the good times we had. I hope he had his limit when he was hit. Great guy.

Thank you to all who sent their condolences. They were very appreciated. There's a good bunch of people on here.
Tight lines everyone.

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #634 on: May 23, 2012, 07:00 AM »
Flo's is the best Hollywood. Gotta love big cheap food. 

I might get out on the lake tonight. I saw a lot of those giant sunfish following my bass stuff in last week. I'll take my daughter out tonight to see if I can get her into some of those. 4lb test and a small crank bait works great on those big sunnies.   

shut up and fish

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #635 on: May 23, 2012, 07:05 AM »
Nice pics, Reeleyz!  8)

Yeah man .... X2!

reeleyz

« Reply #636 on: May 23, 2012, 07:13 AM »
I don't post much here since I'm just now in the process of putting my own boat in the water, but was a great night fishing with reeleyz. Lost time due to weather, but did well while we were out there. Hey Reeleyz, I thought you said a Purple bucktail was just an 'Ol wives tale?? ;D ::)

Even a purple jig finds a walleye once in a while.  :w00t:

scout57

« Reply #637 on: May 23, 2012, 09:49 AM »
fished this morning ....found a nice school of eyes in 11 fow.....picked few a lot of just unders to keep a limit of good eaters.....they were pounding the black and white jig.....nice mix of sunnies and smallies also.....nice morning out there....now off to a golf tourney.....full day

gatorsin09

« Reply #638 on: May 23, 2012, 03:14 PM »
Finally got over the cold Ive had so we decided to head out last night, saw the storm on the north shore so decided against exploring the west shoals and headed to maple bay where ive had some success jigging.Blue skies. Dropped our lines in and the storm had done a nice 180 and in about 2 min, my buddy got to experience the quick condition changes Ive been telling him about and the storm was right on top of us.Threw some ponchos on and floored it for the shore, had to drive pasy my house again and motored at my top speed of 22mph right through it to the west end of frenchmans. Ive been pickin up 2-3 nice eyes a trip but none of the huge success you guys have been having, this is my first may fishing for eyes. Decided to just do what worked for me last year,trolling. Picked up about 7 huge white perch and sunnies until I moved to around 20 fow. It was gorgeous out one of the most vivd rainbows Ive ever seen. Trolling was the key picked up 4 nice ones on 4 passes a 20,19,18,17. One of the best sunsets Ive seen too. Now that June is coming hopefully ill start doing better as this is what I have experience in. My new boat comes next week then Ill be heading east to troll and stayin west to bass fish. Any advice on what stickbaits are worth trying would be rgeat. I have planers and snap weights to go along with the bottom bouncers and harnesses Ive been running.We had a blast out there.  Just visited my gfs camp which is on henderson harbor on the big lake, doing as much research as possible to try to go up and get some monster eyes up there with the new boat as well as the trout/salmon. Going to be a great summer!Ive learned more on this site in 2 years then I did in the 20 before that living on Oneida because I never had anyone to teach me.Thanks guys!

wiredstone

« Reply #639 on: May 23, 2012, 04:43 PM »
Nice pics
wooo fish on. Never mind

OneidaLakeEyes

• Ready for Walleye season yet?
« Reply #640 on: May 23, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Anybody still getting the walleyes in waders?
Walleye, Bullhead, Pike, Trout. Its that time of year again.

filetandrelease

« Reply #641 on: May 23, 2012, 07:40 PM »
yo G-09 i think what you were trolling worked just fine why change ?

gatorsin09

« Reply #642 on: May 23, 2012, 08:42 PM »
yo G-09 i think what you were trolling worked just fine why change ?

just used harnesses no stickbaits. i have a few jr challengers.just havent been down east much

reeleyz

« Reply #643 on: May 23, 2012, 09:03 PM »
Nice job gators!

If you already have the inlines and snaps just experiment with harnesses and sticks. They both have their days. You can also try some big cranks like reef runners, they can get down to about 30' depending on what line you use.

You can also try leadcore with sticks or spoons. The action from jerking leadcore always puts the most eyes in my boat in the dead of summer. Most days the leadcore out does the inlines for me but sometimes the inlines have their days too.

So many options, so little time.   ;D

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #644 on: May 23, 2012, 10:53 PM »
Last time I was out was Sat. night with coach on the boat. Fished North shore from 5-14 fow. Picked up 2 keepers each, dropped a couple each, I dropped a nice eye 10 foot in front of the boat changing direction of my rod angle. Some bass for bonus fights also. The drums are piled up pretty heavy in the shallows now. Never did hook up on one. Only pic we took was my first fish for some reason. I guess taking a break at the boathouse made me forget to use the camera the rest of the evening. ::)

Good reports guys, wish we were hitting the numbers as some of ya's.  Looks like one guy and his 4 day fishing crew was only like 10 fish from making the OLLC! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.