FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414524 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #645 on: May 24, 2012, 12:05 AM »

Super weather shots reeleyes and gator, I especially like your first one gator, always liked approaching storms.

I'm going through withdrawals, a property work week ... no fishin.... >:(
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Munson

« Reply #646 on: May 24, 2012, 12:10 AM »
Last time I was out was Sat. night with coach on the boat. Fished North shore from 5-14 fow. Picked up 2 keepers each, dropped a couple each, I dropped a nice eye 10 foot in front of the boat changing direction of my rod angle. Some bass for bonus fights also. The drums are piled up pretty heavy in the shallows now. Never did hook up on one. Only pic we took was my first fish for some reason. I guess taking a break at the boathouse made me forget to use the camera the rest of the evening. ::)

Good reports guys, wish we were hitting the numbers as some of ya's.  Looks like one guy and his 4 day fishing crew was only like 10 fish from making the OLLC! ;D
Oil Drums, kettle drums, snare drums ear drums ?  :-)

gatorsin09

« Reply #647 on: May 24, 2012, 01:51 AM »
I figured if I added some nice pictures it would distract you guys from the small numbers of fish im catching haha, im having a blast learning all this trolling stuff but its very overwhelming. Trying to get gear set up to do the browns and salmon in ontario is alot of research thats for sure. Especially because I wont be up and running until mid june. Seems ;ike the henderson harbor area ill have to rely on the henchen marina for some info when I go up to buy a ton of tackle from them. Just hope some of those giant eyes are still around. As odd as it seems I think I have the setups down for salmon with a 2 wire dipsey rod and 2 mono downrigger setup. Just not sure how thatll relate to the browns. I know they are shallow now but im june will be deep also. so much to read.

Anybody having fun with the bass yet?Ive seen some monsters cruising under my dock and im excited to have some bass only days. I like taking the less hardcore people out for bass its alot more enjoyable when you just want to catch and release. I feel like I have the right tackle this year just lookin for some new spots. Thanks guys

filetandrelease

« Reply #648 on: May 24, 2012, 04:41 AM »
[quote author=fishing mechanic link=topic=50785.msg555355#msg555355 date=1337831620

Good reports guys, wish we were hitting the numbers as some of ya's.  Looks like one guy and his 4 day fishing crew was only like 10 fish from making the OLLC! ;D
[/quote]

need more than 10, ;D the average was only 2.75 keepers per man per day ,

the prez of the OLLC :blink:

jlucky

« Reply #649 on: May 24, 2012, 10:35 AM »
[quote author=fishing mechanic link=topic=50785.msg555355#msg555355 date=1337831620

Good reports guys, wish we were hitting the numbers as some of ya's.  Looks like one guy and his 4 day fishing crew was only like 10 fish from making the OLLC! ;D

need more than 10, ;D the average was only 2.75 keepers per man per day ,

the prez of the OLLC :blink:

Ya That was unbelievable we had one guy that was new to walleye fishing and he keeps saying we are crazy that its easy to catch them. He got his limit every day but Sunday he was 1 short. I will have to bring him back in August and see how he does  LOL

filetandrelease

« Reply #650 on: May 24, 2012, 06:14 PM »
Ya That was unbelievable we had one guy that was new to walleye fishing and he keeps saying we are crazy that its easy to catch them. He got his limit every day but Sunday he was 1 short. I will have to bring him back in August and see how he does  LOL

most of the guys don't like the summer scene but i like the summer eye fishing but not the heat , try him out on the ice and see how he does , the last couple of years it has not been the norm , maybe this year guys will have to work for them which is a little more like it should be , but you guys did end up with a nice bunch of meals , nice job  :bowdown:

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #651 on: May 24, 2012, 06:25 PM »

Super weather shots reeleyes and gator, I especially like your first one gator, always liked approaching storms.

I'm going through withdrawals, a property work week ... no fishin.... >:(

I know the feeling Shane. Working an outage. 12 hr days through memorial day (at LHH - almost in your back yard ... LoL). Reading these posts is as close as it gets to fishing for me until it's over. Keep 'em comin' boys!!!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #652 on: May 24, 2012, 06:36 PM »
Jr. and I are heading to our stomping grounds on the north shore tomorrow nite. Got a report of some waldo sightings there last nite..... ;D Titelines!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #653 on: May 24, 2012, 08:54 PM »
Got these today. Close to 3 footers on the lake. But once we found them they had no chance. Great day on the water. 11 total. This is my 3rd time out this year and we have gotten our limit every outting!

No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

reeleyz

« Reply #654 on: May 24, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Got these today. Close to 3 footers on the lake. But once we found them they had no chance. Great day on the water.

Nice job!

:clapping:

FISH ON

« Reply #655 on: May 24, 2012, 09:05 PM »

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #656 on: May 24, 2012, 10:47 PM »
Got these today. Close to 3 footers on the lake. But once we found them they had no chance. Great day on the water. 11 total. This is my 3rd time out this year and we have gotten our limit every outting!

Way to go Brian.....sounds like ya got them boat motor issues in order now eggh?  ;)

filetandrelease

« Reply #657 on: May 25, 2012, 04:24 AM »
those are really nice eyes Fish On keep the pics coming :thumbup_smilie:

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #658 on: May 25, 2012, 06:18 AM »

Looks like you're on 'em bud .... Keep it up!!!!

FISH ON

« Reply #659 on: May 25, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Way to go Brian.....sounds like ya got them boat motor issues in order now eggh?  ;)

Fishing out of my friends boat not mine. His is at a marina so i dont have to trailer mine and pay the launch fee. makes it real easy except getting up at 430am to meet him at 530.LOl Fish On.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.