FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414864 times)

Bluegillonafly

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #720 on: May 29, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Could you Sonar "pro's" educate me as to how to use this lure?  Do you vertical jig it or cast it?  Are you swimming it or hard jigging it?  I assume the hits occur on the drop so is line watching important?  Any help on how to do this will be greatly appreciated.  I mostly just drift for eyes with a jig and a worm and would really know how to use the sonar.  Thanks.

coachwarner

« Reply #721 on: May 29, 2012, 05:16 PM »
speaking of slim to none, where the #%*& is FM ???   later...

Fm  is in time-out again  :laugh:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #722 on: May 29, 2012, 05:29 PM »

LMAO  ;D

Spikehorn11

« Reply #723 on: May 29, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Could you Sonar "pro's" educate me as to how to use this lure?  Do you vertical jig it or cast it?  Are you swimming it or hard jigging it?  I assume the hits occur on the drop so is line watching important?  Any help on how to do this will be greatly appreciated.  I mostly just drift for eyes with a jig and a worm and would really know how to use the sonar.  Thanks.

Yes to all the above. Snagger and Hollywood are the ones to answer your questions on sonars. I have more luck with jigs but you can fish it all the ways you asked about.

filetandrelease

« Reply #724 on: May 29, 2012, 06:19 PM »

you need way more tape to hold that boy up , not implying anything just an observation  ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #725 on: May 29, 2012, 06:41 PM »
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #726 on: May 29, 2012, 10:00 PM »

so  that's how he spent the holiday?? I think he feels taller  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Flukeman

« Reply #727 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28 AM »
You guys are killing me I haven't got out much at all this year and it sounds like it has been game on.  I completely disassembled my electric motor because nobody would work on it. The guy at Aero Marine said they used to service them but Minn Kota requires service shops to spend $2000.00 on parts/year or they won't allow them to be an authorized serivce center, they don't the manuals etc... Thanks for the great service Minn Kota, I won't buy another one.  I figured I might as well take it apart and either fix it or completely break it and buy a new one. Turns out the neg wire that runs throught the shaft had worn away and needed to be replaced.  Now I just have to put it together, I am pretty good at taking stuff apart, not quite as good at putting it together. If it works out I'm heading out tommorow afternoon, can't wait to get out.   

Slam,

Shermerhorns (sp) up by Alex Bay, United In Utica, and supposedly a guy in Oswego (don't know shops name) all service Minn Kota. To tell you the truth, Minn Kota's are real easy to work on yourself, parts are easy to get, and customer service is great. I have owned both Minn Kotas and a lot of Motor Guides, I will never go back to the Motor Guides.

bigbuck326

« Reply #728 on: May 30, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Who will go Pickerel tournament this sat on Oneida  I guess 15  boaters or so  maybe 4 boaters come from Pa. My predict the team ll get around 28 to 30 lbs champ.... Maybe boggery1 won? Lol

drowndin dots

« Reply #729 on: May 30, 2012, 11:15 AM »
Who will go Pickerel tournament this sat on Oneida  I guess 15  boaters or so  maybe 4 boaters come from Pa. My predict the team ll get around 28 to 30 lbs champ.... Maybe boggery1 won? Lol
Oh ya me -n - Jimmy got this tourney in the bag  ;D

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #730 on: May 30, 2012, 12:25 PM »
got out this morning. 1st zero of the year >:( :'( :-\. 2 pickerals. the lake was upside down from the storm yesterday. oh well. it was a beautiful mornong.   later...

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #731 on: May 30, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Finally got a chance to hit the water after work tonight. Haven't been fishing in almost two weeks because of an outage at work. The lake was rocking pretty good when I got there, but settled down nice just before dark. There were fish in just about every hole I stopped at, but they weren't in the mood for a sonar or bucktail. Thought it was going to be a sad story, but my last stop produced 7 walleyes in about a dozen casts with a sonar. I guess it only takes 15 minutes to make a bad trip into a good one. Could've stayed and got more, but I'm whipped from work, so I cut it short.

drowndin dots

« Reply #732 on: May 30, 2012, 09:24 PM »

Atta Boy Jim  ;D

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #733 on: May 30, 2012, 10:31 PM »
got out this morning. 1st zero of the year >:( :'( :-\. 2 pickerals. the lake was upside down from the storm yesterday. oh well. it was a beautiful mornong.   later...

ut oh .... do we have to start working for them now?, seen some guys working the buoy line when I drove over 81 earlier, looked like they knew what they were doing, wish I could of stopped and watched for a bit.

Nice finish Jim!!!!

They should have a pickeral/white bass derby every weekend.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

gatorsin09

« Reply #734 on: May 30, 2012, 11:02 PM »
pickerel have been insane on the west end this year. some of the white perch have been the size of nice smallmouth bass. both love my challenger jr minnows. so does everything on this lake though its a hell of a lure. my new boat is here getting prepped and should be ready by the weekend. excited to get down east for some trolling.last year it did much better trolling for the eyes in june july east but when your top speed is 21 and you only have 5 gallons of gas it can be an interesting trip if the weather is questionable. anybody messing with the bass?i always end up in shallow looking for some big boys but the numbers are probably out deeper by the shoals.

really excited for this year,im ordering my equiptment for kings now and i think im going to trailer up to the eastern basin next week to see if any of those monster eyes are still around

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.