FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414195 times)

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #735 on: May 31, 2012, 07:01 AM »

Slam,

Shermerhorns (sp) up by Alex Bay, United In Utica, and supposedly a guy in Oswego (don't know shops name) all service Minn Kota. To tell you the truth, Minn Kota's are real easy to work on yourself, parts are easy to get, and customer service is great. I have owned both Minn Kotas and a lot of Motor Guides, I will never go back to the Motor Guides.

Thanks man, I ended up fixing it myself and it actually works.  I got out yesterday and started on the walleye, got my limit in about 45 minutes then switched to the bass and had an absolute blast.  I won't put a number on here because I don't know if anybody would believe it but lets just says my arms are sore. First time out in a while and it was nice to get into them like that.   

shut up and fish

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #736 on: May 31, 2012, 07:22 AM »
Thanks man, I ended up fixing it myself and it actually works.  I got out yesterday and started on the walleye, got my limit in about 45 minutes then switched to the bass and had an absolute blast.  I won't put a number on here because I don't know if anybody would believe it but lets just says my arms are sore. First time out in a while and it was nice to get into them like that.   

Don't sweat posting numbers here Slammy , this is an OLLC sponsored site  :o besides anyone who has targeted smallies on the lake will believe you .

Munson

« Reply #737 on: May 31, 2012, 12:04 PM »
For anyone interested, the huge white bass (not white perch) are stacked up under the Rt.81 bridge near the Castaways restaurant.
  We got our fill this morning .   31.5 lbs of beautiful firm fillets was the total tally.    They're big fish !    Most in the 14 to 17 inch range !

jj7leaf

« Reply #738 on: May 31, 2012, 12:31 PM »
For anyone interested, the huge white bass (not white perch) are stacked up under the Rt.81 bridge near the Castaways restaurant.
  We got our fill this morning .   31.5 lbs of beautiful firm fillets was the total tally.    They're big fish !    Most in the 14 to 17 inch range !

Nice, what were you throwing?

rangerrick

« Reply #739 on: May 31, 2012, 01:11 PM »
Fished with a buddy of mine this morning from 7:00 to 11:00 just east of Billington in 18-25 fow.  Caught 4 in the first hour, but it took a couple more hours to get out limit.  Picked up a bass, sunfish and a couple of drum.  A bit rough out there, but we had fun.  All fish caught on jig and minnow.  Fished a sonar for the last 1/2 hour with no success..... again.  Not for the lack of effort though!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #740 on: May 31, 2012, 01:33 PM »
Fished with a buddy of mine this morning from 7:00 to 11:00 just east of Billington in 18-25 fow.  Caught 4 in the first hour, but it took a couple more hours to get out limit.  Picked up a bass, sunfish and a couple of drum.  A bit rough out there, but we had fun.  All fish caught on jig and minnow.  Fished a sonar for the last 1/2 hour with no success..... again.  Not for the lack of effort though!

Maybe that area just isn't a sonar spot, its kind of a deep water thing, I rarely run my sonar under 22 fow, this spring i found a few spots shallower that produced with the sonar, but most times I like running it a little deeper.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #741 on: May 31, 2012, 01:33 PM »

Good job on your mechanic skills and, getting your troller back in order......OH, GREAT job on the bass!!!! :flex: :bowdown: Did you get over 100??? I'd believe it!!  I'm a member of the OLLC!!! ;D ;D Titelines!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #743 on: May 31, 2012, 03:04 PM »

Nice smallies Larry and jr. I think after sunday I'm going into bass mode too for a bit.  well back to mowing, looks like a nice last hour down there tonight before the east winds kick up tomorrow.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #744 on: May 31, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Thanks shane, You need a partner for the boatride next week....let me know! ;)--KP 8)

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #745 on: May 31, 2012, 03:55 PM »
Heading to Black Lake tonight with a friend that has a camp there. Gonna try for some eye's, and some crappies. Hope to post some pics on Saturday. FISH ON.
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

Munson

« Reply #746 on: May 31, 2012, 04:20 PM »
Nice, what were you throwing?

They were surfacing while chasing buckeyes so when we saw that, I put on a 1/2 oz silver and white Rooster tail spinner.   Soon as it hit the water, they were on iot.  Got sick of digging trebles out of their throat so switched to a 3" swimbait with a 3/0 Musatad Ultra Point wide gap hook.    1/4 oz bullet sinker in front for casting distance due to the wind.

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #747 on: May 31, 2012, 05:07 PM »
Munson...Years ago someone told me that the Oneida Lake white perch are good eating but not the white bass.  Obviously you don't agree.  How do you prepare them?

lehigh vally

« Reply #748 on: May 31, 2012, 06:12 PM »
WOW nice pic's KP...wish i had more time to spend in the north country   :'(

filetandrelease

« Reply #749 on: May 31, 2012, 06:21 PM »

nice pics and fish KP and KP Jr.  :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.