FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415255 times)

reeleyz

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #765 on: Jun 01, 2012, 05:23 AM »
Nice job guys!

I wonder what was up with the bag of fillets? Maybe somebody doing a little filleting on the boat? My dad used to do that for a few "bonus" fish, when I was young.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #766 on: Jun 01, 2012, 05:52 AM »
nice pics guys. good to see you back in action FM. I can't believe the duck tape held that long !!! ::).   later...

Scout185

« Reply #767 on: Jun 01, 2012, 06:27 AM »
fremac marine? they had a 185 in stock and its what sold me on a scout just didnt want one that size or the price tag that came with it. ended up ordering one through them so i could have it built how i wanted even got the fancy aqua blue color. should see it for the first time tomorrow.

want to get up to the big lake next week. i have my gear for kings pretty planned out but i want to get out for browns next week and im alittle lost where to start. might try out of henderson harbor or head to oswego. definately need to hit up a few stores for a bunch of spoons and stickbaits for the browns. and i thought the river was alot of info to learn this is crazy....

Great boat for Oneida. Neighbor has the Scout 175, and I have the 185. You'll love it. Congratulations!

OTIS

« Reply #768 on: Jun 01, 2012, 07:04 AM »
Well our latest round of suprise guests leaves today.  We've had the pleasure of spending a week with our oldest before he went off to boot camp, and then another week with my mother.  I'm ready for some fishing and jig tying!

The new plugs seemed to help a little, but she still doesn't like to start when she's warm.  This is the first trouble we've had in six seasons, but as long as she starts I'm going fishing!

Keep the reports coming!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #769 on: Jun 01, 2012, 11:06 AM »

nice fish guys and FM it hit like a walleye  ???

That bag felt alive.....i swear it did. lol ;D

OTIS

« Reply #770 on: Jun 01, 2012, 11:09 AM »

Kind of like catching a pancake off of pancake shoals? :D  GET THE NET!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

rangerrick

« Reply #771 on: Jun 01, 2012, 11:36 AM »
Fished from 6:00-10:00 today with an older friend.  Today i started out with a Sonar, and after 1/2 hour and 2 sunfish.... it happened.  I caught my first walleye with a sonar.  Then another, and another.  18-22 fow.  I suddenly have the confidence to switch from a jig to a sonar! :-) ;D

Snagger, thanks for the advice.  I have tried it deeper and shallower, so maybe 1/2 the time i was fishing it was unproductive water.  Got em today though!  Sonars definately outperformed the jigs today! 

It was rough but fun out there today.  With today's east wind I was surprised to find the fish weren't far from where they were yesterday when we had a west wind.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks to give it another try....

KingPerch

« Reply #772 on: Jun 01, 2012, 01:10 PM »
I got FM untaped from time-out, hit the north shore and we got our limit, and a little extra special treat ;D, FM's first hook-up was a 1 quart bag of fish fillets :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: He said it hit just like a walleye :w00t: just when you thought you have seen everything, then he proceeded to open the bag of fillets, not a good idea   :cookoo:  :rotflol: :rotflol:  :sick: :sick: that was some funny  ^&%$ :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Only FM can catch fish already fillet'd :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Only FM!!! ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #773 on: Jun 01, 2012, 01:12 PM »
Fished from 6:00-10:00 today with an older friend.  Today i started out with a Sonar, and after 1/2 hour and 2 sunfish.... it happened.  I caught my first walleye with a sonar.  Then another, and another.  18-22 fow.  I suddenly have the confidence to switch from a jig to a sonar! :-) ;D

Snagger, thanks for the advice.  I have tried it deeper and shallower, so maybe 1/2 the time i was fishing it was unproductive water.  Got em today though!  Sonars definately outperformed the jigs today! 

It was rough but fun out there today.  With today's east wind I was surprised to find the fish weren't far from where they were yesterday when we had a west wind.

And another sonar jigger is born!!! Funny how your numbers go up when confidence goes up. It's addicting bro!  Congrats.

coachwarner

« Reply #774 on: Jun 01, 2012, 03:33 PM »
It didn't come alive untill after you opened it :wacko: :wacko: :sick: :sick:
FM dropped at least 5 or 6 walleyes, Couldn't drop a stinky bag of fish fillets though, No........ he had a good hook set on that one. :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #775 on: Jun 01, 2012, 05:01 PM »

good for you man, it finally paid off, i remember my first eye at the sylvan canal in late november years ago on a sonar....... i'll be happy with 3 tomorrow morning.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #776 on: Jun 02, 2012, 05:04 AM »

heading out the door looks like the rain is moving out now let see where waldo is , trying out a new rod and reel and line today , and it's all snags fault  ;)

KingPerch

« Reply #777 on: Jun 02, 2012, 06:46 AM »

heading out the door looks like the rain is moving out now let see where waldo is , trying out a new rod and reel and line today , and it's all snags fault   ;)
Seems as though he's been at fault a few times with Jr. and I too!!! ;D Hope you guys hammer them!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #778 on: Jun 02, 2012, 10:44 AM »
New mickey mouse combo from walmart. Secrets out.

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #779 on: Jun 02, 2012, 01:05 PM »
Back from fishing Black Lake with a friend, Managed 5 keeper eye's from 19 to 23inches. Fished most of the day friday until the rains moved in but we stuck it out for 2 hrs. Used sonars in 15ft of water. Gold seemed to be the hot color. Got a nice 21 inch pig under the edwardsville bridge friday night at 1am on a black and silver husky jerk. I had 8 walleyes right in front of me a foot and a half off shore, But only 1 taker that night. Love the walleyes in black lake, BIG AND FAT. 18in limit and only had one at 17 that we had to throw back. Got there at 10:30 thursday night and left this morning at 7:45am. Not bad for a day of fishing. The hard part was finding them. And thats my report from BLACK LAKE.
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.