FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415048 times)

Limit of 3

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #825 on: Jun 04, 2012, 07:14 PM »
awesome! thank you so much. this whole process is alot to learn. I actually just got in and didnt get any. fished for about 2 hours but i think the weather may have contirbuted to that. Cold as hell out there. but ill wait an hour and everyone will post there limits of catches haha

Do you just try each color untill you get a hit on the sonar? my only thing is i have a very weak depth finder and most likey wont put the money to get a new one so i dont know if the fish are not there or they dont like the jig or not. i see the depth and do know thats accurate but the fish finder part is lacking.

Depth to fish always seems tough to figure out too. its funny becuase it seems like 10 ft you may hit them and 12 you dont?!

what really got me into walleye fishing is fall walleye fishing. But hten again do you use xrap minnows or shad raps and with that colors again and sizes and all!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #826 on: Jun 04, 2012, 07:23 PM »
awesome! thank you so much. this whole process is alot to learn. I actually just got in and didnt get any. fished for about 2 hours but i think the weather may have contirbuted to that. Cold as hell out there. but ill wait an hour and everyone will post there limits of catches haha

Do you just try each color untill you get a hit on the sonar? my only thing is i have a very weak depth finder and most likey wont put the money to get a new one so i dont know if the fish are not there or they dont like the jig or not. i see the depth and do know thats accurate but the fish finder part is lacking.

Depth to fish always seems tough to figure out too. its funny becuase it seems like 10 ft you may hit them and 12 you dont?!

what really got me into walleye fishing is fall walleye fishing. But hten again do you use xrap minnows or shad raps and with that colors again and sizes and all!

keep at it ... you'll get it, its not the end of the world if you don't figure out the sonar thing this season... I like the sonar as it gets deeper, bucktail shallow, it flips on itself too much shallow for me, and the bite seems to be more agressive deeper than say about 18-20 feet.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #827 on: Jun 04, 2012, 07:38 PM »
What you guys reading for water temperature now? 

filetandrelease

« Reply #828 on: Jun 04, 2012, 08:00 PM »

yesterday was 67.2 - 68.3 where we were

Dug1898

« Reply #829 on: Jun 04, 2012, 08:09 PM »
Limit of 3, it's been awhile since I actively fished Oneida in a boat; but hopefully I can help. As far as color of the sonars, I've read more on here about gold sonars than any other color. So, stick with gold for starters. As far as colors of crankbaits, I always had the best luck with natural looking lures, like Tennessee Shad, or black and silver or black and gold Rapalas, chartruse too. The Purpledesent color is really beautiful and should work well also. I hope this helps some, just keep it simple and have faith in what you're using. Don't rule out spinner harnesses with a large silver or gold blade...heck even a plain worm hooked in the tip on a gold hook with a walking sinker will work (Lindy Rig). Good luck and keep fishin', you'll get it. I caught more fish just drifting broadside with jigs or worm harnesses on a bottom bouncer than anything in the beginning...then I learned to jig! Sometimes you actively hop it back to the boat and sometimes you lift it up a foot and swim it back to the boat...
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #830 on: Jun 04, 2012, 08:26 PM »
Nice fish bobber down!! Looks like u guys had fun!! Seems those sunnys are pretty abundant this year.
Nice job findin em

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #831 on: Jun 04, 2012, 08:27 PM »
What you guys reading for water temperature now?  

We had  :evil:  66.6  :evil: plus or minus a few tenths.

Fishing was s-l-o-w for us tonight. Lots of fish there, but they weren't in the mood to chew, but we did get 4 keepers to go. The barometer was hanging at 29.75 for a while. Pretty big drop in water temp over the past few days. Fish are are starting to stack on some of my favorite flats, and the sheepies are hot. Starting to see the beginning of a typical June pattern.

Man those are some nice sunnies Jim. Sweet!

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #832 on: Jun 04, 2012, 08:31 PM »
here's the pic of that 4' northern that i caught this spring.
/;

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #833 on: Jun 04, 2012, 08:35 PM »
Wow! Nice fish!
Nice job findin em

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #834 on: Jun 04, 2012, 08:36 PM »
/;
Thats a Pig  ;D ;D ;D

Hollywood

« Reply #835 on: Jun 04, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Big Jim....keep it quiet about the sunnies... ;D They are tough to beat!

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #836 on: Jun 04, 2012, 10:06 PM »
took FM, and Coach out this afternoon before dark. got 18 walleyes, kept 9, 8 pickerals, and Coach got a easy 5lb bass. FM will be posting pics. lost 2 at the boat, and dumped a bunch. the sonar out performed the bucktail by far tonight.  13fow. water temp was 72. I see a little quite temp coming for FM tomorrow !! it was a great time out there !! I will take you 2 out fishin anytime !!
   hey hollywood, my dog seemed to take quite a liking to lance also ??? ::)   later...

gatorsin09

« Reply #837 on: Jun 05, 2012, 01:37 AM »
took the new boat out tonight. trolling on its a dream especially with the i pilot. got 4 nice eyes from 17-20in and a jumbo perch. no sonar or gps today did it old school.im out deeper in 20 fow in the west end.going to go east soon for eyes and to explore.did well on shack last year deep. no pics tonight was too busy tryin out all the new stuff and being paranoid as hell about anything happening to the boat. im so happy to never have carpet again! the storm was crazy it wrapped around us then a long thin band hanging like 200 ft over the water stretched from north to south shore it was scary looking but never a drop of thunder or lightening. ran right through the band and came home behind it, wow having 40 mph and a deep hull is a blast. cant wait to try ontario but im nervous as hell about going for these kings. want to get up there for browns asap hopefully I can get my fish finder installed soon, i miss my navionics chip!

any tips on getting these crazy bass numbers you guys report? I always catch them just cruising the shores but not in these great numbers you guys get. I like to take the less hardcore fishing buddies and gf out for bass they enjoy it more. I have the right tackle I think I just end up too shallow but im dying to go flip some sweet beavers in big bay lookin for a big one. I promise pics of the boat soon just wanted to get some nice on the water shots first and the weather has been horrible!

filetandrelease

« Reply #838 on: Jun 05, 2012, 04:42 AM »
Wassssuuupppp Bobby  ;D ;D Hey Freddy , you and the Snag are just dialed in on the eaters  ;) ;) Sweet boat Hookin Up  :-* :-*

those are to big for my taste like them about 16" i throw the 18" and up back , freezer is already full  ;D now i only keep fish for some older friends

reeleyz

« Reply #839 on: Jun 05, 2012, 05:17 AM »
/;

That is a huge pike!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.