FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415254 times)

OTIS

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #840 on: Jun 05, 2012, 06:44 AM »
  keep at it ... you'll get it, its not the end of the world if you don't figure out the sonar thing this season... I like the sonar as it gets deeper, bucktail shallow, it flips on itself too much shallow for me, and the bite seems to be more aggressive deeper than say about 18-20 feet.

That's what I have learned this year!  Sonars rock the deeper the walleye go.  But for anything less than 20 feet, they seem to hook the line a lot more.  I've actually been using my jigs this year in the shallower water.  In another couple weeks they will be in 30+ feet of water and sonars will become my lure of choice.

What you guys reading for water temperature now? 

On Sunday along the east shore and in the canal/Fish Creek, I was reading between 60 and 65 degrees.

Big Jim....keep it quiet about the sunnies... ;D They are tough to beat!

I went out with Issiah Sunday and he schooled me on the BIG sunnies!  I took notes though!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #841 on: Jun 05, 2012, 08:56 AM »
got out this morning for a couple hours. got 7 walleyes, kept 3, 9 pickerals, and 1 bass. the brown, and black 1/2 oz jig was it this morning. only 1 on the perch colored sonar. still in 12 to 13fow. water temp is 71.   later...

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #842 on: Jun 05, 2012, 09:00 AM »
got out this morning for a couple hours. got 7 walleyes, kept 3, 9 pickerals, and 1 bass. the brown, and black 1/2 oz jig was it this morning. only 1 on the perch colored sonar. still in 12 to 13fow. water temp is 71.   later...

What a year for the west end, your on fire sul, great numbers last night and this morning.  :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #843 on: Jun 05, 2012, 09:16 AM »
  What a year for the west end, your on fire sul, great numbers last night and this morning.  :thumbup_smilie:
I haven't had a year like this in a long time.do you fish the west end at all?   sully...

SNAGGER

« Reply #844 on: Jun 05, 2012, 09:47 AM »
I haven't had a year like this in a long time.do you fish the west end at all?   sully...
  not really.. I keep a small boat at apps in Cleveland for June and July, this will be my third year there with Rick, kind of hard to get much west of 125 with prevailing west winds, the price of gas and time wasted.  My range is usually 113 to 125 and the northshore in that area.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

gatorsin09

« Reply #845 on: Jun 05, 2012, 09:54 AM »
my buddy got a shot of the weather I was talking sbout on his phone from yesterday.crazy

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #846 on: Jun 05, 2012, 10:13 AM »
my buddy got a shot of the weather I was talking sbout on his phone from yesterday.crazy

we were less than a mile from that cloud !! it was pretty wild.   sully...

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #847 on: Jun 05, 2012, 11:14 AM »

Great shot of the weather! They posted a pic of that cloud on news ch 9 last night i think. It was right over dunhams island on the pic they showed!  Forgot what its called, but pretty cool to see!
Nice job findin em

reeleyz

« Reply #848 on: Jun 05, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Cool pic Gators.

tracker 1

« Reply #849 on: Jun 05, 2012, 01:57 PM »
those are to big for my taste like them about 16" i throw the 18" and up back , freezer is already full  ;D now i only keep fish for some older friends
    :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:

SNAGGER

« Reply #850 on: Jun 05, 2012, 02:01 PM »

cold weather funnel cloud, they can cause damage if they reach the ground, pretty cool and rare shot gator.  Wish I was there yesterday too see that.  :'(
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #851 on: Jun 05, 2012, 02:26 PM »
  cold weather funnel cloud, they can cause damage if they reach the ground, pretty cool and rare shot gator.  Wish I was there yesterday too see that.  :'(

Is that the same as a "Water Spout", Snag? 

I used to see them in South Florida every now and then.
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

lehigh vally

« Reply #852 on: Jun 05, 2012, 03:11 PM »
A few weeks ago i took a ride with Northwoods on his charter boat, got a few good shots from the trip but not quite enough for a full flick so i through a few pic's in from the past few years and the present...check it out  

Fishing Video          

KingPerch

« Reply #853 on: Jun 05, 2012, 03:47 PM »
Awesome video Rob!! As always!!! Great job bud!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

filetandrelease

« Reply #854 on: Jun 05, 2012, 05:08 PM »

Rob great job as always  :clapping:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.