FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415312 times)

OneidaLakeEyes

• Ready for Walleye season yet?
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #975 on: Jun 09, 2012, 02:35 PM »
Gonna take my canoe with my trolling motor out tonight. gonna stay shallow and toss lighted bobbers with minnows anywhere from 4-10 fow. Wish me luck!
Walleye, Bullhead, Pike, Trout. Its that time of year again.

BUCKEYES

« Reply #976 on: Jun 09, 2012, 03:07 PM »
out early this am and had to work hard for first 2 hours. Had 1 on sonar 1 on bucktail. Soon as the wind switched and picked up the sonar was the ticket. 20-24 fow. Ended up with 11 with 2 short. Weather men were a little off the report I saw was early afternoon rain. Started raining about 7 am. Well good day out there and hope to try again tomorrow.

griff

« Reply #977 on: Jun 09, 2012, 04:24 PM »
Before you guys head out to deep water don't overlook fishing in 11 to 13 FTW in the weeds. To say I have doing good the last week would be an understatement.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #978 on: Jun 09, 2012, 04:59 PM »
Before you guys head out to deep water don't overlook fishing in 11 to 13 FTW in the weeds. To say I have doing good the last week would be an understatement.
Smart man!  No matter how late it gets into the summer months I always can find biters in close!  The windyer the better ;)
Nice job findin em

bullfrog

• Keep your rod loaded
« Reply #979 on: Jun 09, 2012, 05:06 PM »
Took the words right out of my mouth Hollywood!  By fathers day they will be schooled up on the deeper water.  We are in that in-between stage now.  I'll be hitting 20 ish fow first thing tomorrow, but I don't think we'll spank them.  Just looking for a couple limits then on to the monster panfish bite.  They were on fire last Sunday.

Otis your in box is full, i need more info on "aluminoy" product to weld my boat

Thanks 

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #980 on: Jun 09, 2012, 05:06 PM »
I missed soccer this year Bobby!! :( Jr. was too old to play that league this year!! Good luck tonite on the eyez!! ;)--KP
I hear ya Larry. I bet Jr. misses playing up there. He was fun to watch!  Talk to u soon man!
Nice job findin em

OTIS

« Reply #981 on: Jun 09, 2012, 05:45 PM »
Otis your in box is full, i need more info on "aluminoy" product to weld my boat

Thanks 

Sorry, cleaned out some stuff.  I've never used the alumaloy, just seen the infomercials.  You can google to find their web site.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #982 on: Jun 09, 2012, 05:48 PM »
What about that commercial where the guy replaces the bottom of his boat with a screen door and sprays that stuff on it!  :rotflol: Dont think that would hold up to long out on oneida! Tite Linez
Nice job findin em

Hollywood

« Reply #983 on: Jun 09, 2012, 10:43 PM »
I got to my boat late this evening (8ish) & called Hookinup before heading out to see how he was doing. He was kind enough to come in & pick me up so I could check out his new rig...WOW... like fishing out of your livingroom!  ;D  Cubby is trying to get me to upgrade now...
After a fish on the first cast we had our limit in the box & threw a couple back in about an hour- they came from 20-30 fow, jigs were best at first then the sonar heated up at dark. Very enjoyable evening, thanks for the trip, Jim!

315fishin

« Reply #984 on: Jun 10, 2012, 01:29 AM »
stopped by sylvan after work (11ish) just to see what was biting in the canal. jigging with gulp minnows. caught a pike and a nice pickerel. no eyes though. i need to get out on the water! im new to catching eyes and fishing on oneida. i usually fish the smaller waters around madison county. any tips for eyes/oneida? thanks guys! im glad i stumbled across this website

Pequod1

« Reply #985 on: Jun 10, 2012, 04:14 AM »
Late report for last wed eve. and thurs morn. We tried deep and shallow both days with only two eyes to show for it. Both were on purple harnesses. Lots of white perch, a few yellows and some smallies. One of the reasons we did poorly was I could not get to where I wanted to go due to engine failure. She would die on me as soon as I throttled up. When I worked on it yesterday, I drained the carb bowls and almost half of the fuel was water!. If you think that putting stable in will help, think again. I am buying a fuel - water seperator that most new engines have but mine doesn't. Check that fuel guys!

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #986 on: Jun 10, 2012, 05:44 AM »
Very enjoyable evening, thanks for the trip, Jim!

Glad it worked out the way it did. You're a fun guy to fish with. Cubby ain't so bad either!

Hey fishin315 ... welcome to the site. There's 66 pages of good info in this thread. Just read back through it and you'll find everything you need bro!

Hollywood

« Reply #987 on: Jun 10, 2012, 06:55 AM »
You're a fun guy

I've been told that before...but they usually spell it "fungi".... ;D

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #988 on: Jun 10, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Late report for last wed eve. and thurs morn. We tried deep and shallow both days with only two eyes to show for it. Both were on purple harnesses. Lots of white perch, a few yellows and some smallies. One of the reasons we did poorly was I could not get to where I wanted to go due to engine failure. She would die on me as soon as I throttled up. When I worked on it yesterday, I drained the carb bowls and almost half of the fuel was water!. If you think that putting stable in will help, think again. I am buying a fuel - water seperator that most new engines have but mine doesn't. Check that fuel guys!

I had that problem 3 yrs ago, had to pump out 10 gallons by using the ball , that sucked, narrowed it down to a local gas station that has problems with water in there gas. I put a little isopropal alcohol in it now and buy my gas at vellas in Cleveland, it cost a bit more, but the gas is good.

Got out last night for 3 hours with my buddy bobster, he had a ball catching smallmouth while I spent some time just jigging bucktails in the weeds for eyes, never really have used bucktails in the weeds so put a shift in trying to learn it. It's really effective, but they always seam to eat the stinger with the worm piece, which makes me think, is it really the worm they want and the bucktail is just a tool to get the worm down there?  I'll be trying some strange rigs in the next few trips to see if I can come up with a different way of pulling those fish out of the weeds that suits me ... It was very calm last night, not even old currents to keep the boat moving, flat as flat can be right til dark, we got 8 eyes , kept 6, plus some panfish and quite a few bass.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bobber down

• king jiggler
« Reply #989 on: Jun 10, 2012, 09:07 AM »
 Good job guys!!!Glad to hear the jig bite is still pritty good.This is our busy season at work so i can only make it up every few weekends. The only benefit is some extrs spending cash with i used to buy a  new lorance elite 5 with nav  chip cant wait to come up this weekend to try it out. Hey hollywood listen  to your dog I listen to mine he rarely gives me bad advice. LOL!!
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.