FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415208 times)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #990 on: Jun 10, 2012, 09:23 AM »
  I had that problem 3 yrs ago, had to pump out 10 gallons by using the ball , that sucked, narrowed it down to a local gas station that has problems with water in there gas. I put a little isopropal alcohol in it now and buy my gas at vellas in Cleveland, it cost a bit more, but the gas is good.

Got out last night for 3 hours with my buddy bobster, he had a ball catching smallmouth while I spent some time just jigging bucktails in the weeds for eyes, never really have used bucktails in the weeds so put a shift in trying to learn it. It's really effective, but they always seam to eat the stinger with the worm piece, which makes me think, is it really the worm they want and the bucktail is just a tool to get the worm down there?  I'll be trying some strange rigs in the next few trips to see if I can come up with a different way of pulling those fish out of the weeds that suits me ... It was very calm last night, not even old currents to keep the boat moving, flat as flat can be right til dark, we got 8 eyes , kept 6, plus some panfish and quite a few bass.
Nice job on the wallygators!  Missed your call yest man.  Tried to leave u a message but your answering machine was full or something. Anyway I was tied up all day and wife had to work til 11 so I was home with the boys for the night homey!  Lemme know when your going again
Nice job findin em

LOA

« Reply #991 on: Jun 10, 2012, 10:38 AM »
This lake sure has some nice small mouth in it. I waded shore for a few hours yesterday until dark. Got 3 nice small mouth and 1 BIG pickerel and one hammer handle.

I'm originally from a few hours south of here. I now consider myself lucky to live so close(11 min) from a lake with good fishing that a guy with out a boat can get it in on.

My family keeps trying to get me to move back home, but all i keep thinking is i do not want to leave all the great fishing in this area

kingfisher22

« Reply #992 on: Jun 10, 2012, 11:13 AM »
Finally was able to spend some time on the lake.  Fished for a couple hours Thursday & Friday nights and Saturday and Sunday mornings.  The jig big was hot.  For the 4 trips we boated 71 keeper 'eyes.   All on the bucktail except for 1 or 2 on the blade.  Fish definitely came in spurts.  Got them the last 45 minutes Thursday night between 8:30 and 9:45pm.  They came pretty consistently Friday between 6:00 and 9:00pm, early Saturday between 7:00am and 8:00am and Sunday morning from about 8:15am to 9:00am.  Outside of those times I bet we only caught about 6-8.  Caught them all along pretty defined breaks.  Sometimes they were on top of the break in 14 - 16' othertimes they were on the bottom of it down as deep as 29'.

KingPerch

« Reply #993 on: Jun 10, 2012, 12:46 PM »
I hear ya Larry. I bet Jr. misses playing up there. He was fun to watch!  Talk to u soon man!
;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #994 on: Jun 10, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Beautiful morning out there...wow there were fisherman galore out and about today. We started shallower and got a couple on the purple/black jig. Then we went out to deep water with spinners and sonars and did not get anything. So we went back shallow and picked up another with the jig. We missed a bunch of hits and one was biten right off.....not a lot of reaching for nets from what we saw.

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #995 on: Jun 10, 2012, 02:24 PM »
SNAGGER!!!! Your in-box is full!!!

Got out with my girlfriend this morning for a few hours. Total tally : 11 eyes, 3 sheepies, a perch and a jumbo sunny.
Moved all over the place ... mainly trying to outrun and outsmart the vultures.

Question for ya ................

Let's say you are driving your boat acrossed the lake, and you look up just in time to see a man pulling in a fish from another boat. Would you........
 a) Give him the thumbs up and keep on going to look for your own fish?
 b) Slow your boat and get as close to him as possible?
 c) Head up wind and line yourself up on his drift?

My girlfriend was pulling on our fourth walleye off a hump the size of two pickup trucks, when a guy that was going by chose answer (b). So, then there was two of us. Then a third and a fourth boat came over. They chose answer (c). I made myself leave when the fifth boat was headed our way. Got blown right out of my own spot!!

I know we beat this subject to death every year, but it still sucks.

Spikehorn11

« Reply #996 on: Jun 10, 2012, 02:43 PM »

Got out with my girlfriend this morning for a few hours. Total tally : 11 eyes, 3 sheepies, a perch and a jumbo sunny.

Let's say you are driving your boat acrossed the lake, and you look up just in time to see a man pulling in a fish from another boat. Would you........

My girlfriend was pulling on our fourth walleye off a hump the size of two pickup trucks, when a guy that was going by chose answer (b). So, then there was two of us. Then a third and a fourth boat came over. They chose answer (c). I made myself leave when the fifth boat was headed our way. Got blown right out of my own spot!!

I have had that happen several times. Sucks every time it happens. I usually do the same thing and just leave. Sometimes I find a better spot and just laugh it off. Once bass season opens it gets real bad.

filetandrelease

« Reply #997 on: Jun 10, 2012, 03:50 PM »
went out this morning with the misses started jigging picked up our limit , and Jim i had option [c] handed to me but that was OK tossed out the bags and he over took me and had to move when he couldn't cast  ;) so next pass i returned the favor and set right up on my gps cords and kept saying look another one of those nasty eye things he got pssed and left ;D i didn't use the net just put them in the boat , then trolled till it got hot and split , and also saw several floating smallies

reeleyz

« Reply #998 on: Jun 10, 2012, 05:41 PM »
I fished in the evening yesterday. I took my mom out and trolled sticks and spinners. We ended up with 9 eyes, 5 keepers, a few nice yellows, and a few smallies.

Today I fished the boathouse tournament with my buddy Eric. We had to work our butts off to get our 5 keeper eyes for the tourney. My toughest day out there yet this year. We did catch a nice mix of eyes, smallies, and sunnies. There were some very impressive catches. I just about threw up when the guy weighing in his fish before me pulled out 5 eyes that were like cookie cutter 23" eyes.

Afterwards I got to share a few "pops" with bauls25 and wetsleeves. It was nice to meet you guys.

fishernet

« Reply #999 on: Jun 10, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Had a big fish fry todayfor my son in law and his family. 18 of us i thawed out about 10 freeser bags of crappie sunnies and eyes. It was a great sucess. TRYING to thin out my supply before going to our fish camp we rent. I dont say much but i read the post every day. I Have been doing real good on the gills. TOOK the grandkids out for the big sunnies great fun. 

KingPerch

« Reply #1000 on: Jun 10, 2012, 07:00 PM »

Jim, I would add an answer (D) ....Give them all the bird!!! ;D WOW!! what nerve of some people. Your right though....it SUCKS!!!! I'm glad you and your GF had some fun and caught fish though!! Titelines to all!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1001 on: Jun 10, 2012, 07:28 PM »
I got out last night for the first time in a while, but not till about 7:30. I caught 10 smallies, 3 walleye, and 4 big seeds and left a little after 10:00.  One of the seeds blasted a big topwater plug, pretty funny.  Nice to get out there.  It was my first time after dark with my new rig, the rear running light is so bright it kind of blinds me when running in the dark, nice for tying knots though. I caught 5 of the smallies well after sunset, always surprises me when I get them after dark like that. I caught everything in less than 10 ft. 

shut up and fish

Limit of 3

« Reply #1002 on: Jun 10, 2012, 09:12 PM »
Had a good time fishing saturday morning but only a couple of pickerels..yuck.

got a question. little different then walleye facts but figured its worth a shot. I have a 95 yamaha Waverunner Jetski. Wont start and when it does run it just bogs down and will eventually shut down. I know its a shot in the dark and without looking at it will be hard but any suggestions?

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1003 on: Jun 10, 2012, 09:27 PM »
Had a good time fishing saturday morning but only a couple of pickerels..yuck.

got a question. little different then walleye facts but figured its worth a shot. I have a 95 yamaha Waverunner Jetski. Wont start and when it does run it just bogs down and will eventually shut down. I know its a shot in the dark and without looking at it will be hard but any suggestions?

Could be alot of things but, If I had to guess, I'd say your fuel system is all crudded up from gas with ethanol. Just a shot, but try putting a product called "sea foam" in your gas and run your engine as much as you can. It's an additive you can buy at Pep Boys or walmart. Sometimes it works.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1004 on: Jun 10, 2012, 09:47 PM »

I get alot b's, and c's. some of the people on the west end know my boat, and come running right on top of me. I do not change my drift. when I land my jig within 5' of there boat they move most of the time, but sometimes I have to tell them it's a big lake.   later...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.