FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415214 times)

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1200 on: Jun 22, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Out in the AM...good luck everyone...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1201 on: Jun 22, 2012, 09:46 PM »
Went out tonight for a few hours after work. Got a call from a buddy who was on a good bite, so I went and joined in. Had fun til dark, then called it quits. One of the eyes coughed up a 5 inch perch in the boat. When I took the eyes out of the livewell, I found 5 more 5 inch perch.

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1202 on: Jun 22, 2012, 10:15 PM »
           Me and my next door neighbor bob and deadeyes fished last night from 630pm til 930pm, lake was pretty flat, we got our 9 keeper eyes ..... some deep (32-40) and some in close in 12-16 ft...  We had a 1hr jiggathon in front of the flasher with ice rods, it was fun but not many biters, screen was full but they just chased the lures, I think if we had buckeye heads we could seal the deal...  Sonars produced most the fish.  Those bugs were insane last night, wish I had a camera, bob's thermocell did nothing to them. I litterally had to stop fishin to shake em out of my hair.  They don't bite and I stayed deep a touch later last night, so only had to deal with them for a half hour. Waldo's were gorging on wigglers again, fun to watch, I think I ended up with 6 keepers eyes and 13 eyes total last night and a few bass, 1 perch.

We use to do quite a bit of summer nightime boat fishing up there.  Anchor up on a flat or deeper drop. Put lanterns over the side. Hang a whole or half crawler on one rod and jig a sonar or rap on another. And hope for a breeze cuz the bugs loved the lantern!
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

coachwarner

« Reply #1203 on: Jun 22, 2012, 10:30 PM »
We use to do quite a bit of summer nightime boat fishing up there.  Anchor up on a flat or deeper drop. Put lanterns over the side. Hang a whole or half crawler on one rod and jig a sonar or rap on another. And hope for a breeze cuz the bugs loved the lantern!
Same here DC, have not done it in years, but during the month of July that style of night fishing can be alot of fun!

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

ThaTs BullHead

• Birth..FISH..Die!
« Reply #1204 on: Jun 23, 2012, 12:51 AM »

Went out at 4 30 in by 7... biggest one is 21'' smallest one is 17'' caught them all on spinner baits.. ranging from silver to copper.. drift was amazing.. we launched out of bridgeport and went to the right of the little island and driffted towards the shore rocking to tom petty's "full moon fever" which i think came out before i was even born...

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1205 on: Jun 23, 2012, 06:08 AM »

Went out at 4 30 in by 7... biggest one is 21'' smallest one is 17'' caught them all on spinner baits.. ranging from silver to copper.. drift was amazing.. we launched out of bridgeport and went to the right of the little island and driffted towards the shore rocking to tom petty's "full moon fever" which i think came out before i was even born...
nice catch bullhead ;D. i'm goin out today.   later...

thompson

« Reply #1206 on: Jun 23, 2012, 08:34 AM »
What's a big cat fish for Oneida lake? I cought a 30" one Friday morning

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1207 on: Jun 23, 2012, 09:20 AM »
What's a big cat fish for Oneida lake? I cought a 30" one Friday morning
that's a good cat.

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1208 on: Jun 23, 2012, 09:42 AM »

Nice pile of eyes Bullhead!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1209 on: Jun 23, 2012, 10:12 AM »

Nice pile Bullhead!!!  :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

snuffynra

« Reply #1210 on: Jun 23, 2012, 11:20 AM »
little rough out there this morning, got a late start, me and captain morgan had a little dispute last night ;D. found eyes out deep. and lots of them. trolling stick baits was what was doing it for me. lonely out in the channel today. big surf scared many off i think.im liking  my new navionics chip more everyday, ill never be able to fish without one now.

Huntny30

« Reply #1211 on: Jun 23, 2012, 11:24 AM »
Had a nice morning with my Dad...nice drift...getting the hang of this a little bit...

\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

jperch

« Reply #1212 on: Jun 23, 2012, 12:31 PM »
Congratulations Hunt, it's awesome to be able to take your dad out.  Wish I could have one more trip with mine.  Nice fish too!  jperch

filetandrelease

« Reply #1213 on: Jun 23, 2012, 12:36 PM »
went out with the Mrs. started jigging , made two drifts but noticed more suspended fish and got out the trolling gear and had a triple two doubles and two singles ,and missed a couple , fish ranged from 16"- 20" little choppy out there today ,but not the heat , was very comfy , nice fish guys

Huntny30

« Reply #1214 on: Jun 23, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Nice going Fred...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.