FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414749 times)

skunkedbywalleye

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1230 on: Jun 24, 2012, 04:14 PM »
This was the toughest outing for me....I caught nothing and a old friend caught on walleye, smallmouth and perch. Oh well there is always next time..we were deep, shallow, jigs, worms, worm harnesses, sonars, trolled, and deep diving cranks. Thats a full day when it is Africa hot out there

Great job to the rest of ya and tight lines

wiredstone

« Reply #1231 on: Jun 24, 2012, 04:42 PM »
Nice  Fred ! :thumbup_smilie:
wooo fish on. Never mind

redarrow61

« Reply #1232 on: Jun 24, 2012, 05:32 PM »
the bugs came out about 10 am we got 1 short 1 keeper bunch of white bass we left early everthing shut off for us

reeleyz

« Reply #1233 on: Jun 24, 2012, 05:44 PM »
Nice job HUNT and same to you filet. I heard the trolling bite was awesome this weekend. Seems like everything is working well right now.

I made it out this afternoon with my mom. Fished from 3:15 to 4:45 and made it in just before the rain. It was dead calm when we started and she hit a keeper on the first cast. We had our limit in 45 minutes then the wind came up and made it a challange. We ended up with 11 eyes, 8 keepers and dumped a bunch. All jigging bucktails from 32' - 43'.

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1234 on: Jun 24, 2012, 05:54 PM »
Way to make quick work of it Reel...!  My garden sure needed the rain though... ;D
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1235 on: Jun 24, 2012, 07:01 PM »
Nice job HUNT and same to you filet. I heard the trolling bite was awesome this weekend. Seems like everything is working well right now.

I made it out this afternoon with my mom. Fished from 3:15 to 4:45 and made it in just before the rain. It was dead calm when we started and she hit a keeper on the first cast. We had our limit in 45 minutes then the wind came up and made it a challange. We ended up with 11 eyes, 8 keepers and dumped a bunch. All jigging bucktails from 32' - 43'.

Way to pile them up !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1236 on: Jun 24, 2012, 07:13 PM »
Spent most of the day today doing a few upgrades on my boat. I put a vent in my cover, which required me to cut a big 'ol hole in it. I was a little hesitant ... but it turned out good. Put the new software updates in my HDS-5's. Then I ran a NMEA 2000 cable from the EMM module of my etec to my HDS-5. Pretty cool stuff. I can now see all my engine data on my depthfinder info page and overlay it on any screen I want. I can see engine hours, fuel flow, RPM's, engine temp, alternator volts, trim, etc.... Anyone with a later model Yamaha, Suzuki or Evinrude etec can do it. All the info is there ... you just need the cables.
Anyway ... I had to take a trip out to reset my depthfinder settings, so I thought I would do a little fishing. It was pretty flat at first, but the rain started coming and it brought the wind with it. Watched a big storm roll by on the North side. I ended up stumbling onto a nice size pod of eyes. Got 7 on the first drift. Set up for another drift, but the rain was coming fast. Got two more, including a 22 incher that absolutely inhaled the sonar on the first drop. Poked his throat pretty good and he was bleeding, but I let him go anyway because I wasn't keeping any this time out. Swam away fine, but I probably shoulda kept him.
Ran like heck for the marina ... then the rain let up. When I slowed down, I was marking another bunch of fish, just by pure luck. Got 4 more there in one drift. I was just getting too wet for it to be fun. I didn't have any rain gear with me. LoL ... I can tell you my fuel flow ... but I'm not smart enough to carry rain gear on a day like today.  Go figure.
All the fish were caught on a 5/8 oz. chartreuse sonar on sloping depth changes from 33 to 40 fow.

reeleyz

« Reply #1237 on: Jun 24, 2012, 08:37 PM »
Nice job HOOKINUP! Those eyes were hitting hard this afternoon. I don't normally feel them hit when I jig bucktails but they were hammering it today.

Can you get the same data on a mercury with the HDS-5?

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1238 on: Jun 24, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Can you get the same data on a mercury with the HDS-5?

Just did a quick check and ...I think so.... but I'm not totally sure. Mercury uses another protocol called "smartcraft". You can get a device called a "mercmonitor" which uses the smartcraft protocol, but will also talk on an NMEA 2000 network. It is a smart digital guage which will give you all the engine data ... anything you can think of.  Lowrance has a similar guage (LMF-400). Check the web-site. They say the Verado, Optimax and 4 strokes can use smartcraft.

http://www.mercurymarine.com/gauges-and-controls/gauges-and-displays/digital/mercmonitor/

I'm brand new at this, and I don't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction. If someone knows this stuff ... please help.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1239 on: Jun 24, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Just did a quick check and ...I think so.... but I'm not totally sure. Mercury uses another protocol called "smartcraft". You can get a device called a "mercmonitor" which uses the smartcraft protocol, but will also talk on an NMEA 2000 network. It is a smart digital guage which will give you all the engine data ... anything you can think of.  Lowrance has a similar guage (LMF-400). Check the web-site. They say the Verado, Optimax and 4 strokes can use smartcraft.

http://www.mercurymarine.com/gauges-and-controls/gauges-and-displays/digital/mercmonitor/

I'm brand new at this, and I don't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction. If someone knows this stuff ... please help.
does it steer your boat for ya ?  nice job on the walleyes today.   later...

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1240 on: Jun 24, 2012, 10:03 PM »
ANYBODY SEEN SPANKY ??? ::) ;D...

filetandrelease

« Reply #1241 on: Jun 25, 2012, 04:36 AM »

nice job hookin up and reeleyz , Jim i have a hd5 that i used for ice fishing and those little buggers can't hide on the bottom anymore ;D

Spanky is in hiding

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #1242 on: Jun 25, 2012, 06:48 AM »
I can see that the fishing on the lake has been good guys! The old man (my dad) did really well yesterday. 6 walleyes and a few jumbo sunnys before noon. Jigs and road runners where the ticket. Getting the itch to hit some water myself!

SCG
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

jlucky

« Reply #1243 on: Jun 25, 2012, 07:02 AM »
Made it up Saturday bite was still on! Got a late start and fished from 11-4 boated 20 keepers kept 6, 18-22in.  Pretty choppy all fish xcaught in 31-34fow on harnesses and crawlers. Can't wait to come back! hope i did the pic right

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1244 on: Jun 25, 2012, 07:29 AM »
I fished yesterday for a couple of hours before that rain, ended up with a pile of seeds a couple of nice perch, 2 walleye and 12 bass. Almost non stop action.   I made the mistake of launching out of south shore around noon, what a cluster #@$%!! The worst offender was the state park police, those clowns tied up a slip for at least a 1/2 hour maybe longer.  A word of advice to new boat owners don't submerge your trailer so deep that the boat floats off and you have reload it 3 or 4 times. Maybe I'll get a slip next year.   
shut up and fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.