FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414986 times)

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1320 on: Jun 29, 2012, 03:44 PM »
Headed out again in the AM...good luck to all going out as well...will report how we make out...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

filetandrelease

« Reply #1321 on: Jun 29, 2012, 04:15 PM »

snuffy you did the right thing , that has happened to me many time , and if he was that close in front of me things would have been really close with the boards , release would have told him pay more attention your on my troll line your nothing but a tail piper  ;) I'm sure his name was Richard Cranium  ;D

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1322 on: Jun 29, 2012, 04:29 PM »
If you have a 3inch gulp minnow, Try that instead of a worm, you will find that you won't have to bring worms again. Thats what i use with my bucktail. Limit out every time i've gone.

Since those things came out and I tested them vs worms on a bucktail... I havnt touched a crawler...  ;D ;D ;D
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

filetandrelease

« Reply #1323 on: Jun 29, 2012, 04:41 PM »

used them on Erie worked great , many times this year i just put some sauce on the hair without any bait ,on Oneida

snuffynra

« Reply #1324 on: Jun 29, 2012, 05:01 PM »

snuffy you did the right thing , that has happened to me many time , and if he was that close in front of me things would have been really close with the boards , release would have told him pay more attention your on my troll line your nothing but a tail piper  ;) I'm sure his name was Richard Cranium  ;D
Richard Cranium....thats a good one, that is close to what I yelled to him ;D

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #1325 on: Jun 29, 2012, 05:57 PM »
Since those things came out and I tested them vs worms on a bucktail... I havnt touched a crawler...  ;D ;D ;D

The other thing i like about them DC is that you can rip them through the weeds and it won't come off like a worm will. But when your done fishing with them for the day, make sure you take it off the hook. If you let it dry on your hook, you'll have fun trying to get it off. It shrinks about half the original size and gets rock hard. I found out the hard way. Lol
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #1326 on: Jun 29, 2012, 06:09 PM »
Heading back up to Black Lake next week again, Going for the walleyes Managed 5, 4 weeks ago on sonars. Going to try bucktails with a gulp minnow. I'll post a report after i get back???
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1327 on: Jun 29, 2012, 06:37 PM »
 After taking a week off, made it down there this evening around 7pm , lake was flat and mobbed with boats fishin shallow, so ran out deep to find some solitude, got 2 eyes in 4 casts, thought it was going to be on fire, but only got 2 more in the next hour or so jigging sonars, that hurt my arm so made a move shallower right at dark, picked up another 4 eyes at dark casting sticks...gots some really large smallmouth on accident, measured 2 at 19 inches, and an eye at 21 1/4 inches taken in 39 fow. Headed in around 10pm... white bugs are fading but mosquitos were biting pretty good after sunset.  Great red sunset from the smoke off those colorado forest fires.
Nice job homey!  Sorry I couldnt make it out with ya yest.  Thanks for the call tho.  Gonna be a zoo out there this wknd.  Gonna relax tomorrow at our fourth of july party!   :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:
Nice job findin em

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1328 on: Jun 29, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Doing some Birthday fishing today, celebrating my 24th. hoping to get some good size torpedos, best tasting ones. Ill let you know how i do tonight

Hey now! Happy 24th Bday TTB. Great to see new members enjoying this forum, well and the fishing addiction some people have. I'm not one of them though.... haven't started that 12 step program that I hear others talk about. :laugh:

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1329 on: Jun 29, 2012, 09:36 PM »
Went out this morning with my buddy joe, Managed to get my limit, my buddy got 3 but only one keeper. Mine all came before 8:30am had to search for them. Anyone notice how thin they have gotten?? They don't look like they are but they are. My 3 fish are the bottom 3   15 1/2 - 17,- 17.inches. Jig with a 3in gulp minnow.

Males bud.  But here is how I figure it out.  ;D

If your in the boat...Throw them in the live well. If there are males and females mixed together, the females will be the ones shouting and complaining about something. The males will be cowering in the corner.  :w00t:

ThaTs BullHead

• Birth..FISH..Die!
« Reply #1330 on: Jun 29, 2012, 11:56 PM »
Fished for 8 hours, got 23 walleye kept only 6. biggest one was 25" (New Personal Record) smallest one was 15 1/2"  caught them all on a silver spinner bait tipped with a fat worm from mickeys bait "thanks james" launched once again out of BP, listen idc who takes my spot there killing it there.. launch and go right to the island and hope the drift goes towards chapmans park.. HAPPY B-DAY TO ME!!!

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1331 on: Jun 30, 2012, 12:11 AM »
Fished for 8 hours, got 23 walleye kept only 6. biggest one was 25" (New Personal Record) smallest one was 15 1/2"  caught them all on a silver spinner bait tipped with a fat worm from mickeys bait "thanks james" launched once again out of BP, listen idc who takes my spot there killing it there.. launch and go right to the island and hope the drift goes towards chapmans park.. HAPPY B-DAY TO ME!!!
nice job bullhead ;D. happy birthday !!!   later...

ThaTs BullHead

• Birth..FISH..Die!
« Reply #1332 on: Jun 30, 2012, 12:44 AM »
Thx brother, happy that the big guy upstairs blessed me with my wife, my beautiful son and a d**n beatiful lake 5 miles down the road haha

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1333 on: Jun 30, 2012, 07:05 AM »
beautiful out this morning, a little slower then the last couple weeks  for me . but i have a quick question, I was trolling out by 119 ,another boat called troll king  (3 guys)or something like that pulled out in front of me  about 150 yds and shut it off and started jigging. I didnt think to much about it, so i started to turn right to troll with the wind in a track i have on my gps. so i get about the same distance to the right of him 150 yds or so , i see him throwing his hands around in the air , he thinks im trolling his drift  ??? ??? i sat for a minute in disbelief :-\. then i told him what i thought of him.  im not sure what I was suppose to do, you pulled in front of me and shut it down!!! if i went left into the wind i would have barely made it by you! so I went right! was i suppose to pull my rigs in and turn around?? I hope he didnt feel i was trying to get his fish, i fish for the fun of it, if you  asked me i would probably have given you my fish!! its not that big a deal . but I just wonder whats the protocol in that scenario???
Troll king, I saw that boat parked in a driveway right by ESM school, thought it was kind of a dumb name.  Apparently the boat has a stupid person to go along with the stupid name.  I'll get his address for you so you can send him a thank you card.  Some people just don't have a clue. 
shut up and fish

snuffynra

« Reply #1334 on: Jun 30, 2012, 08:31 AM »
no need to do that,hopefully he took a look back at what happened , and will learn the next time to think a little.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.