FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414958 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1365 on: Jul 01, 2012, 09:54 PM »
You Oneida guys are unreal. The numbers you put up is crazy. This past week is my first time ever fishing it out of a boat for walleye. Fished it twice this week so far.  I have gotten three walleye each trip out. I forgot my tape in the car today so I tossed one walleye back in the drink that I should have kept. Got all 3 in 18 FOW.. Launched at Oneida Shores this morn. Bass tourney going on. That was a mistake. Heres a few from today. I feel like I have no business posting on this thread  :o

I havent been able to get out early enough because my running lights havent been working. So I have had kind of a late start. Im heading back out tomorrow. Report back.
  right Andy , you have every bit as much right as anyone on Oneida , you represent the future of our sport and do it well Bro . I for one can't wait to get on the water with you , and I know you feel the same ..... Let's do it this week , I'll call you in the mornin  ;)

filetandrelease

« Reply #1366 on: Jul 01, 2012, 10:43 PM »

chief whats wrong with what you caught , those are nice fish and a few dinners , keep posting pics , boat fishing is much different than shore fishing , so i think for your first time in a boat you did very well ,

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1367 on: Jul 01, 2012, 11:00 PM »
  You did great Chief, its not always about numbers with me, depends on who I fish with. I did the same thing as you tonight, stayed shallow, I boated 5 keeper eyes, 3 giant smallmouth, 2 big sunfish, a giant drum and a monster catfish...Not alot of fish for 3 hours, but I was in relax mode, just wanted some tuggers and I found em.  ;D

Start keeping a diary Chief, as a few seasons are behind you, you'll see patterns., Like you I fished it from shore for alot of years and an occational boatride with buds, but this is only my fourth summer owning a boat and keeping it at Oneida in June and July., but I got 3 seasons too look back on now and counting.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #1368 on: Jul 02, 2012, 03:36 AM »
Yeah I really need to keep a diary. I know that will be a useful tool a few years down the road. I have had a boat for about 4 years now, but have had older motors and have had trouble with them in the past. Had to upgrade and get newer. Something reliable. Nothing worse then planning a trip then not being able to get out. Eating some breakfast then headin out again. Good luck out there today fellas
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1369 on: Jul 02, 2012, 03:51 AM »
You Oneida guys are unreal. The numbers you put up is crazy. This past week is my first time ever fishing it out of a boat for walleye. Fished it twice this week so far.  I have gotten three walleye each trip out. I forgot my tape in the car today so I tossed one walleye back in the drink that I should have kept. Got all 3 in 18 FOW.. Launched at Oneida Shores this morn. Bass tourney going on. That was a mistake. Heres a few from today. I feel like I have no business posting on this thread  :o

you did good cheif  ;) ;D

I havent been able to get out early enough because my running lights havent been working. So I have had kind of a late start. Im heading back out tomorrow. Report back.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1370 on: Jul 02, 2012, 04:23 AM »
can't remember the last time i used my running lights , i never go out that early or stay out that late to need them ,i go out just to enjoy my self these days , I'm not about numbers it's about the eating , and i choose to eat the ones that are 16-18" i try and toss the bigger ones back , unless they are badly hooked remember no matter how many eyes you catch you can only keep 3 to bring home , but not to say whippen the tar outta them isn't fun , but these days i enjoy the fishing a little more than the numbers game , i must be getting old  ;)  now fishing through the ice might be a different  story i'm forced to try and keep up with the snag  :blink: 

reeleyz

« Reply #1371 on: Jul 02, 2012, 07:53 AM »
Nice job chief! You are doing great!!!

X2 on keeping a log. It is very helpful to look back and it brings back those great memories too.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1372 on: Jul 02, 2012, 08:19 AM »
Nice job chief! You are doing great!!!

X2 on keeping a log. It is very helpful to look back and it brings back those great memories too.

logs are helpful use to keep track of everything and it was useful , and you can see how some years are different than others , and your progress as well

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1373 on: Jul 02, 2012, 08:30 AM »
can't remember the last time i used my running lights , i never go out that early or stay out that late to need them ,i go out just to enjoy my self these days , I'm not about numbers it's about the eating , and i choose to eat the ones that are 16-18" i try and toss the bigger ones back , unless they are badly hooked remember no matter how many eyes you catch you can only keep 3 to bring home , but not to say whippen the tar outta them isn't fun , but these days i enjoy the fishing a little more than the numbers game , i must be getting old  ;)  now fishing through the ice might be a different  story i'm forced to try and keep up with the snag  :blink: 
Might be a different story eh .... boy you two sure can spin a good yarn  :whistling: :rotflol:

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1374 on: Jul 02, 2012, 10:39 AM »

A couple of 5-6 minute tuggers from last night.

Big Cat.

Big Sheepie.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1375 on: Jul 02, 2012, 11:54 AM »
That sheepie is a monsta!  :flex:
Nice job findin em

H.T.

« Reply #1376 on: Jul 02, 2012, 12:02 PM »
Couple real brutes right there Snagger :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #1377 on: Jul 02, 2012, 12:11 PM »
Might be a different story eh .... boy you two sure can spin a good yarn  :whistling: :rotflol:

boat fishing is fun , but the hard water is more of a challenge  , then your fishing a 6" hole , it's easier to find them at 30mph in a boat , but then again finding is easy trying to get them to bite is another story , but you know about that don't ya  ::)

filetandrelease

« Reply #1378 on: Jul 02, 2012, 12:13 PM »
Couple real brutes right there Snagger :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: ;D

hey HT if it gets any darker when he fishes can we call him count snag  ;)

shane what did that sheep weight

H.T.

« Reply #1379 on: Jul 02, 2012, 12:52 PM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :w00t:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.