FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414448 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1560 on: Jul 07, 2012, 09:55 AM »

I caught the two keepers and he caught the shortie...
;D Wanna choot the bow's soon ?

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1561 on: Jul 07, 2012, 10:38 AM »
Went out in the canoe this morning with lil deadeyez.  He put it on 6 bull sunnys, 1 smallmouth, and a nice sheepy!  We fished from 7:30- 9:00 and had a great time!  Even had a close fly-over by one of the bald eagles that hang around the bay where I live! Good stuff  ;D
Nice job findin em

OTIS

« Reply #1562 on: Jul 07, 2012, 11:40 AM »
good luck to all ,unable to fish this weekend , i would like to see some pics though

I don't do pics, but I'll make an exception for you (if I can remember).  :-[
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1563 on: Jul 07, 2012, 02:36 PM »
Went out in the canoe this morning with lil deadeyez.  He put it on 6 bull sunnys, 1 smallmouth, and a nice sheepy!  We fished from 7:30- 9:00 and had a great time!  Even had a close fly-over by one of the bald eagles that hang around the bay where I live! Good stuff  ;D

We saw the or an eagle out there as well very cool to see...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1564 on: Jul 07, 2012, 03:47 PM »
We saw the or an eagle out there as well very cool to see...
we've got an osprey down here in muskrat bay. they are very fast !!!   sully...

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1565 on: Jul 07, 2012, 04:08 PM »
same here lived on the lake 28 years and still rely on my gps now at night, the bouys dont seem to be in the exact same spot as last year in the channel however. but for depths and shoals its dead on.

I rely on my GPS too, but as we were motoring back to Fremac's from the fireworks in Sylvan Beach, I realized that you also have to be aware that there may be some unlit boats out there. The moon helped light the way, but a collision at midnight in the middle of the lake is an awful eerie thought.

arcticicejigger

« Reply #1566 on: Jul 07, 2012, 05:22 PM »
back from the hospital, visited anthony! the middle brother! he has some broken ribs! cant breathe very well! but he is doing better! hes getting out tomorrow morning! still cant put together what the heck happened! but there was 2 boats following one another from brewerton! the first boat was 2 minutes infront of the second! the second boat saw stuff in the water and turned off his motor to hear anthony yelling for help! rob jumped in the water and saved anthony! noone else was seen! thats what is know rite now! robs a hero in my eyes! many small kids were in all these brothers lives that are effected! what a mess! id like to thank all you guys for the thoughts and kind words you have said! please be extra careful at nite in a boat on open water!

Bluegillonafly

coachwarner

« Reply #1568 on: Jul 07, 2012, 10:12 PM »
Got a limit of eyes in short order tonight 12 FOW, half a dozen big sunnys and a few nice perch, perfect evening to be on the water!

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #1569 on: Jul 08, 2012, 07:30 AM »
Got a limit of eyes in short order tonight 12 FOW, half a dozen big sunnys and a few nice perch, perfect evening to be on the water!
nice job coach  ;)
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

OTIS

« Reply #1570 on: Jul 08, 2012, 10:11 AM »
Here ya go Freddie

A couple marks... ;)

Forgot a pic of the first one. :-[  Here's #2

Captain Poopers checking out the last one for the cooler.

Cooler pic, can't see all 3.

Biggest, all males, all empty stomaches.

All cooked up!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

coachwarner

« Reply #1571 on: Jul 08, 2012, 10:29 AM »
 :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
From start to finish nice job Otis!

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

reeleyz

« Reply #1572 on: Jul 08, 2012, 11:11 AM »
Nice play by play OTIS. That graph pic is loaded up with fish.  :thumbup_smilie:

OTIS

« Reply #1573 on: Jul 08, 2012, 11:21 AM »
Thanks guys!  That was the "Spot on the spot!"  I think I'm in our neighborhood Reeleyz.   The majority of my fish came out of a really small area today.  This school is getting hammered!  The limit came on buck tail and crawler, then I switched over to sonar and proceeded to drop 5 fish and pick up two shorts.  Probably should have started off with the metal.  My percentages are MUCH higher with the buck tails though.

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1574 on: Jul 08, 2012, 01:30 PM »
Thanks for the update Articicejigger. Please keep  us posted and tell us if there is anything we might be able to do for his family.

Went out last nite. Got out later than I wanted to ... about 7:45. Rolled 3 fish and got one eye ... on the first cast! The next dozen casts or so got me 7 more eyes. The biggest was a 21 incher that was nice, fat and healthy. I was all set to settle into a BONANZA, but the bite died just as fast as it started. The wind did a little shift and I just plain lost 'em.

At dark, I drifted in about 6 fow and swam a mimick minnow over the top of the weeds. Got a nice 19 incher and missed another doing that. Fun stuff. Had no reason to keep any, so they all had just a "near-death experience".

Got out with my girlfriend this morning ... again ... later than I wanted to (about 9:30). Got into 'em right away. The wind was swirling, and it was a small spot, so we had to drop anchor. Managed 13 eyes, 3 sheepies and a nice 12" yellow.

A couple fell for the sonar, but most of them came on the bucktail. 22 fow. Left at 12:30. Beautiful day out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.