FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414664 times)

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1575 on: Jul 08, 2012, 02:00 PM »
Just got back from my 3 day trip to Black Lake. Very tough finding walleyes with the water temps at 79degs. We did manage  6 eyes alot of bass and my nice cat fish. Guessing 15 plus pounds?? It put on a nice fight and caught it on my purple and black jig tipped with a gulp minnow. My buddy joe got the lunker walleye 23 inches and hugh smallie 6-7 lbs of the trip. Heres a few pics. Love those black lake walleyes.

No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

TheReelDeal

« Reply #1576 on: Jul 08, 2012, 02:19 PM »
Just got back from my 3 day trip to Black Lake. Very tough finding walleyes with the water temps at 79degs. We did manage  6 eyes alot of bass and my nice cat fish. Guessing 15 plus pounds?? It put on a nice fight and caught it on my purple and black jig tipped with a gulp minnow. My buddy joe got the lunker walleye 23 inches and hugh smallie 6-7 lbs of the trip. Heres a few pics. Love those black lake walleyes.

How bad are the weeds?The walleye fishing has really turned around up there.Im headed up there in the fall with my father.He brought me there when i was 10 been going ever since.Where did u stay?Nice eyes & fat cat

FISH ON

« Reply #1577 on: Jul 08, 2012, 03:53 PM »
How bad are the weeds?The walleye fishing has really turned around up there.Im headed up there in the fall with my father.He brought me there when i was 10 been going ever since.Where did u stay?Nice eyes & fat cat

Hey Real deal, I grew up in B-port right next to the drag strip. The weeds are not bad at all. The lake levels are really really low. We got some eye's in the weeds but they have been under the edwardsville bridge. very shallow under there, they are hugging the shore line in a foot and a half to 3 feet of water. Number 9 count down. Fish on

filetandrelease

« Reply #1578 on: Jul 08, 2012, 04:10 PM »

thanks Otis for the pics and for the rest of you good job , but a bud ask me to sneak out with him this morning in his boat god i love that no thinking about where or what to do just fish , fished 18-31' did 10 eyes missed a few and yours truly miss judged the height , and whaled the eye right into the  gunnel of the boat oops lol , , caught a few sheep's ,1  sunnie , and a smallie, 2 perch , 1 cat fish all jigging except the cat he came on a floating worm of an extra long bottom bouncer a 4 footer , on the trailer by 10:15

bcons

« Reply #1579 on: Jul 08, 2012, 04:35 PM »
Another boat went down today east end.  Off the canal.  All 3 rescued but boat is still there, be carefull.
Hit something submerged...
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1580 on: Jul 08, 2012, 04:43 PM »
That Cat is huge Fish ON!!  Congrats had to be fun to catch...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

filetandrelease

« Reply #1581 on: Jul 08, 2012, 04:53 PM »
Another boat went down today east end.  Off the canal.  All 3 rescued but boat is still there, be carefull.
Hit something submerged...

thanks how far east ?

bcons

« Reply #1582 on: Jul 08, 2012, 05:29 PM »
All the way east, right off the canal & beach.  20 footer hit the object prob one of those trees got hung up and sank.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

OTIS

« Reply #1583 on: Jul 08, 2012, 06:17 PM »
That's a HUGE smallmouth!

Good job on the eye's everyone!

The second boat is washed up on Cozy Corner.

'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1584 on: Jul 08, 2012, 06:37 PM »
Great job and awesome pics guys!  Hope they find out what that second boat hit! Unreal
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #1585 on: Jul 08, 2012, 06:50 PM »
All the way east, right off the canal & beach.  20 footer hit the object prob one of those trees got hung up and sank.

bcons thanks for the reply
earlier this year there was a dead head sticking up with a bleach bottle tied to it east of 107

FISH ON

« Reply #1586 on: Jul 08, 2012, 07:53 PM »
That Cat is huge Fish ON!!  Congrats had to be fun to catch...

Thanks Huntny30, It put up great fight, Taking drag every time it saw the boat. 20lb fire line help too.

FISH ON

« Reply #1587 on: Jul 08, 2012, 08:57 PM »

And i stayed at a friends camp right next to the log cabins general store.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1588 on: Jul 08, 2012, 09:08 PM »
Snagger, your box is full!
Nice job findin em

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1589 on: Jul 08, 2012, 09:08 PM »
Snagger, your box is full!