FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414280 times)

biglaker

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1590 on: Jul 08, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Yesterday, on the way to 109 from Sylvan Beach, my friend John and I encountered both a log protruding up about 9 inches with a marker that someone had placed on it.  I don't believe anyone could see it at night.  It was in 34 Fow about 1/2 mile or so from 109.  In addition, we also encountered what looked like a floating piece of a boat.  It was rectangular and looked kind of like the cover that goes over a stern drive's engine.  John thought it might be too heavy to pick it up so we did not try.  As it was floating, I assume there was probably some wood/ styrofoam in it. It was painted but I don't remember the color.  I kept thinking that maybe it was part of the boat that hit the 113 buoy but really don't know.  Didn't know if we should have notified someone.  We didn't have any phone numbers with us.  It was in the same general area as the I mentioned earlier.  The whole point of this is that both these objects could do significant damage to someone traveling at high speed.  Be safe!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1591 on: Jul 08, 2012, 10:44 PM »
Just got back from my 3 day trip to Black Lake. Very tough finding walleyes with the water temps at 79degs. We did manage  6 eyes alot of bass and my nice cat fish. Guessing 15 plus pounds?? It put on a nice fight and caught it on my purple and black jig tipped with a gulp minnow. My buddy joe got the lunker walleye 23 inches and hugh smallie 6-7 lbs of the trip. Heres a few pics. Love those black lake walleyes.

nice trip man,  I almost passed out when I seen that smallmouth picture, wow, what a pig ...... I would of mounted it, I've only gotten one 6lber before,...!!!!!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1592 on: Jul 09, 2012, 08:23 AM »
  nice trip man,  I almost passed out when I seen that smallmouth picture, wow, what a pig ...... I would of mounted it, I've only gotten one 6lber before,...!!!!!!!

X2 ... I'm still lookin' for a 6 lber.

TheReelDeal

« Reply #1593 on: Jul 09, 2012, 09:12 AM »
And i stayed at a friends camp right next to the log cabins general store.
Thanks for the info i used to stay at Blue haven if you remeber those camps.Now its called Massaquapi.We normally stay at Pleasant View Cottages now but im gonna try the Log Cabins this time.

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #1594 on: Jul 09, 2012, 09:54 AM »
 nice trip man,  I almost passed out when I seen that smallmouth picture, wow, what a pig ...... I would of mounted it, I've only gotten one 6lber before,...!!!!!!!

It was a pig, The biggest smallie i have ever seen. We fish that bridge at night for the eye's and you would not believe the bass that we catch at night down there. Almost every other cast your getting a bass. We went out in the boat around 11pm thursday night and did a all nighter until 9 am friday morning. That one was caught around 3am. A full moon and no bugs, It was great. Here is the sun rise that morning.

No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

ThaTs BullHead

• Birth..FISH..Die!
« Reply #1595 on: Jul 09, 2012, 10:13 AM »
Went out this morning, took me and my girl 45 min to get our limits, she pulled up her first ever walleye in her life and it was 22'' ill post pictures later

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #1596 on: Jul 09, 2012, 10:20 AM »
Went out this morning, took me and my girl 45 min to get our limits, she pulled up her first ever walleye in her life and it was 22'' ill post pictures later

THATS AWESOME!
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1597 on: Jul 09, 2012, 12:30 PM »

LoL ... That could cost ya .... Here's how it went for me ....

Took my girlfriend out so she could see what fishing Oneida was all about. Gave her one of my spare rods to try.
She catches her first walleye ... then her second, etc, etc. She starts to get good.
Then she wants her "own" rod, so I get her a Pflueger "lady" rod with cute little pink eyes and a pink trion reel.
Then I get sick of her asking me "what depth are we at now?", so I get her her own lowrance up front and connected it to mine with ethernet.
Now, two years later, she decides we need a newer boat ... and of course I agree.
Now she sits up front with her depth finder and brand new St. Croix eyecon rod/Accurist reel combo and puts a spankin' on the eyes.
Her main goal every time out  is to out-fish me ... and lots of times she does. We got 13 eyes yesterday morning. She got 6, and I got 7 ...whew! Close!
Grand total cost for getting my girlfriend into fishing walleyes?? ... About $34,000
Having a girlfriend that loves to fish?? ... Priceless!!

scout57

« Reply #1598 on: Jul 09, 2012, 02:00 PM »

Took my girlfriend out so she could see what fishing Oneida was all about. Gave her one of my spare rods to try.
She catches her first walleye ... then her second, etc, etc. She starts to get good.
Then she wants her "own" rod, so I get her a Pflueger "lady" rod with cute little pink eyes and a pink trion reel.
Then I get sick of her asking me "what depth are we at now?", so I get her her own lowrance up front and connected it to mine with ethernet.
Now, two years later, she decides we need a newer boat ... and of course I agree.
Now she sits up front with her depth finder and brand new St. Croix eyecon rod/Accurist reel combo and puts a spankin' on the eyes.
Her main goal every time out  is to out-fish me ... and lots of times she does. We got 13 eyes yesterday morning. She got 6, and I got 7 ...whew! Close!
Grand total cost for getting my girlfriend into fishing walleyes?? ... About $34,000
nice

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1599 on: Jul 09, 2012, 02:36 PM »

i'm taking the mrs. out this afternoon.   sully...

Old Timer

« Reply #1600 on: Jul 09, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Yesterday, on the way to 109 from Sylvan Beach, my friend John and I encountered both a log protruding up about 9 inches with a marker that someone had placed on it.  I don't believe anyone could see it at night.  It was in 34 Fow about 1/2 mile or so from 109.  In addition, we also encountered what looked like a floating piece of a boat.  It was rectangular and looked kind of like the cover that goes over a stern drive's engine.  John thought it might be too heavy to pick it up so we did not try.  As it was floating, I assume there was probably some wood/ styrofoam in it. It was painted but I don't remember the color.  I kept thinking that maybe it was part of the boat that hit the 113 buoy but really don't know.  Didn't know if we should have notified someone.  We didn't have any phone numbers with us.  It was in the same general area as the I mentioned earlier.  The whole point of this is that both these objects could do significant damage to someone traveling at high speed.  Be safe!

I would think the Sheriff or Coast Guard would tie a rope on that log and drag it ashore..  I have seen one, several times, about 1/2 way between the end of the pier and 109.  Might be the same one ???  I use to pull them ashore with a 5 hp Jphnson..  Would locate them and put a stick with flag on them.. That was 60 years ago..  People just seem to think the open water is safe.. Not always so...   

Was out with son a few days ago. He was getting the eyes slow rolling a med. spinner bait in 12 to 16 ft water. Fish seem to be everywhere.. I stuck with my harness with small Colorado,  blade (2) in silver with red beads.. Old reliable, knocking them dead.. Some days a lot of shorts, other days all 18 and up.. 
Be careful..

mitch1

« Reply #1601 on: Jul 09, 2012, 04:09 PM »

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1602 on: Jul 09, 2012, 04:15 PM »
just got back from gander mountian. they now get 0 percent of my buisiness !!! the bait shop is now closed. they have a bait fridge up by the registers. when it's empty, that's it. I wonder witch brainiack made that descision ???. it's probably because they can't order them in from china.   later...

waldo24

« Reply #1603 on: Jul 09, 2012, 04:21 PM »
Went out this am fished 6am -10am....18 eyes-13  (15"-17") 5 (14 1/2"),19 jumbo whites and 1 hog yellow. 32 ft of water trolling bottom bouncers and copper willow leaf dixies. Lot of floating weeds in spots. Good luck to all fishing this week.  8)

gatorsin09

« Reply #1604 on: Jul 09, 2012, 04:33 PM »
just got back from gander mountian. they now get 0 percent of my buisiness !!! the bait shop is now closed. they have a bait fridge up by the registers. when it's empty, that's it. I wonder witch brainiack made that descision ???. it's probably because they can't order them in from china.   later...

just go to mickeys for all tackle and bait. i go to gander if i need clothes or a new rod or something

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.