FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414688 times)

mitch1

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1605 on: Jul 09, 2012, 04:34 PM »

yup, the wife and i teamed up 7 years ago to try out walleye fishing on oneida lake, the first year she couldn't get nack for seting the hook on them, pulling the jig with twister tail away from them instead of letting them inhale the worm and hook, can't remmember how many twister tails got bit off that year alot. of coarse i caught most of mine and that made it even worse, I didn't think she would stick with but she did and learned how to let the walleye inhale the jig and twister tail worm and after that she was a profesional, took over being captain of the ship, i'm the mate now LOL but it was all in fun, the competition is stiff now i'm barely keeping up. Can't think of a better fishing partner, doesn't get any better than this. what a riot.

snuffynra

« Reply #1606 on: Jul 09, 2012, 05:10 PM »
just got back from gander mountian. they now get 0 percent of my buisiness !!! the bait shop is now closed. they have a bait fridge up by the registers. when it's empty, that's it. I wonder witch brainiack made that descision ???. it's probably because they can't order them in from china.   later...
I couldnt wait for gander to get in this area, I purchased 4 rifles and tons of fishing gear from them, now I cant stand going there, its almost like they could care less about there customers, there also more expensive then every place around. hopefully the bass pro they are considering in the inner harbor area will fly .

Braz315

« Reply #1607 on: Jul 09, 2012, 05:12 PM »
I went to Gander a few weeks ago and one of the guys explained to me that they sold out of buck tails in May and wouldn't be getting any more in until next year.  When I asked why he said because thats what happened last year.

papa

« Reply #1608 on: Jul 09, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Chanel  9 just said a body was recovered in the water near castaways that's all they know at this time.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1609 on: Jul 09, 2012, 06:20 PM »
just got back. the mrs. got 1 sheephead, and 3 huge sunnies. I got "0". the wind is pretty stiff out there. we were fishing by lofty's shoal. straight north of the shoal about 150 yards there is another shoal sticking up. 2.2fow on top of it, and it is'nt marked.

I do all the building maint. at castaway's. going to take a ride over there,to see what i can find out. i will post when i return.   later...

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1610 on: Jul 09, 2012, 07:57 PM »
back from castaway's. they aren't releasing any info at this time.   sully...

filetandrelease

« Reply #1611 on: Jul 09, 2012, 08:23 PM »
I couldnt wait for gander to get in this area, I purchased 4 rifles and tons of fishing gear from them, now I cant stand going there, its almost like they could care less about there customers, there also more expensive then every place around. hopefully the bass pro they are considering in the inner harbor area will fly .

maybe Cabelas  ;D but i love bass pro , the best staff i have encountered , if they don't know they find someone that does , super helpfull , 2 years ago mrs fillet had an operation missed the sale but saved the flyer date by over 2 weeks talked to the manager and gave me the sale prices for the things i wanted , can't beat that

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1612 on: Jul 09, 2012, 08:33 PM »
Bass Pro has Military Discount 365 days a year... :flag: :flag:
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1613 on: Jul 09, 2012, 08:38 PM »

I couldn't agree more , the staff at Gander is both rude and arrogant  >:(

Loudmouth879

« Reply #1614 on: Jul 09, 2012, 08:42 PM »
If you don't like the staff a gander there is always buying the items online although their site is a little difficult to navigate on the plus side its free shipping to your house.... however it would be nice to get a cabelas somewhere in NY, on a different note might be heading to the Oneida at the end of the month for some trolling glad to see you guys are killin em usually make the trip up at least once in the winter but didn't this year due to the warm winter... hope you keep slayin em!

filetandrelease

« Reply #1615 on: Jul 09, 2012, 08:43 PM »

you know it's to bad cause they do have personnel that dose know about fishing, the hammer far as i know still works there and is the most knowable person there i know and a great fishermen

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1616 on: Jul 09, 2012, 08:45 PM »

He is , however I don't think he works the floor anymore .

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #1617 on: Jul 09, 2012, 09:35 PM »

He is , however I don't think he works the floor anymore .

I believe he is trying to open his own bait shop on lakeshore rd. I worked with Brian (BHAMMER)at new venture gear.
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1618 on: Jul 09, 2012, 10:45 PM »
Went out this evening with Snagger and his neighbor bob.  We bumped into KP and Junior out there too!  Started off right on the fish with nonstop action on the smallmouth, walleyes, sunnys, rockbass, and perch.  Took the 3 of us an hour to limit on eyes. About an hour before sunset the wind died down and we were surrounded by about 6 boats. We didnt catch another fish while all the boats were around us and we didnt see them boat any either.  As soon as they left the bite turned right back on!  :w00t: We lit right back into the eyes for an after dark BONANZA!  The final tally on the waldos was 28 keepers between the 3 of us. Nice night out there tonight with an awesome sunset!
Nice job findin em

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1619 on: Jul 09, 2012, 10:53 PM »

That was strange how the bite died while those boats were there, could of just been the wind dieing.. I heard the net come out twice......The no moon sure does have the at dark bite "On Fire".....  That was really fun man  ..... new personal best for anchored shallow....... ;D  I'm sure I'll find empty bellies, because I always do 90% of the time every year, but tonights eyes were very healthy, some looked like footballs...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.