FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414575 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1620 on: Jul 10, 2012, 02:57 AM »

it would be nice to see them swell up their bellies ,  good job fellas

rnksurfnturf

« Reply #1621 on: Jul 10, 2012, 06:58 AM »
Going to try to head out to oneida for the first time on THursday after work...sounds like fish are scattered....going to be at the state launch in Bridgeport at 4-5 pm  and fish til dark...
What would be the recommended starting depth?
Thanks for any pointers!

Keep whackin 'em!  ;D

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1622 on: Jul 10, 2012, 07:33 AM »
Seems that any depth is productive right now. Go back a few pages and check out some of the posts. The guys on here usually post how deep theyre getting them.  As far as the body that was found floating in the river... It was a guy named Mike Thompson.  The police said that he was last seen around 3am on sat morn. He was screaming loudly and tried to enter a number of residences in the area that night and acting very weird. Police think that bath salts may have been involved in his death.  No good.
Nice job findin em

KingPerch

« Reply #1623 on: Jul 10, 2012, 03:29 PM »
We nailed one waldo on the first drop, then went dead after that! We didn't stay long, my buddies little guy was hungry! ;) Great seeing the 3 AMIGOS again!!  ;D Doing it again Friday night!! Hope to see you GOONS down there!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1624 on: Jul 10, 2012, 03:35 PM »
Was good to see you and jr out there too!  Dont think im gonna be down there friday, giong camping in the adks
Nice job findin em

ThaTs BullHead

• Birth..FISH..Die!
« Reply #1625 on: Jul 10, 2012, 03:36 PM »
rnksurfnturf... i launch out of bridgeport everytime i go out, if the drift is coming in go to the right of the islan and drift towards chapmans park... you'll nail em

PeterC

« Reply #1626 on: Jul 10, 2012, 06:15 PM »
Hey guys, general question- when using bottom bouncer and harness, how much leader between the bouncer and blades is normal? I run about three feet but am not sure that is right.

Old Timer

« Reply #1627 on: Jul 10, 2012, 06:21 PM »
 Three, four even 5 ft.. Depends upon the length of your rod too.. If you are using a 6 ft rod and a 5 ft. leader it sometimes makes it tough steering them to the net.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1628 on: Jul 10, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Hey guys, general question- when using bottom bouncer and harness, how much leader between the bouncer and blades is normal? I run about three feet but am not sure that is right.

well if your catching fish then it is fine if not make it a little longer , i run 4 ft sometimes 5' just make sure it is touching once in a while ,doesn't have to be a constant bottom drag, but I'm sure there are guys that do it a little different , and go slow to start lets say .8 mph but with bigger blades you can touch 1.5 or so the eyes will let you know what they want , good luck , hope this helps and made sure your worm is not wind milling ,if it is let me know ,swimming like a snake its right on ,

the old buzzard

gatorsin09

« Reply #1629 on: Jul 10, 2012, 09:22 PM »
went out for bass for the first time this year instead of walleye it was gorgeous out. went everywhere in between maple bay and damons point. Was catching smallies dropshotting out near the shoal and in 10 feet of water but I really want to find a place to flip and pitch for largemouth. didnt see anything all the way through fisher bay shoreline. it was really shallow,too shallow. Didnt catch a thing inside the main bouy line in anything less than 10 feet. Everything I read from the bassmasters they caught lots of largemouth in 1-2 feet of water but im not sure where they couldve been.ish monroe was using a frog in 1-2 feet of water to win last year. Big bay is my only guess. Ill have to keep searching for shallow water bass fishing,if anybody has anywhere to start lemme know. All I can think of is big bay but the last time I went down there it was covered in weeds. We caught a nice bonus walleye after we gave up shallow and went back out to the shoal and a few more bass. Gorgeous night, first time in 2 years I fished for a whole night without going for eyes and it showed. I was pretty pathetic with the bass

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1630 on: Jul 10, 2012, 10:44 PM »

Hit Oneida Lake again shallow tonight with deadeyes, walleye bite slowed with not much wind, I boated 7 keepers bobby did his limit, we however did really well on smallmouth and big sunnies, and a few nice perch..... seems if one species is missing the others come in to fill the void....  Fished 620-10pm again.Taking a break tomorrow, then headed deep to change things up unless a good blow comes and turns it back on shallow....lots of terns diving on perch hatchlings...  walleyes slurping on bugs at dark.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Spikehorn11

« Reply #1631 on: Jul 10, 2012, 11:36 PM »
Fished last night from 7-10:30. We each got a limit of eyes and put 4 sm bass and half a dozen sunnies in the live well. Sunnies, 1 sheephead and 1 of the bass came on a worm hanging over the side of the boat. Even caught one of the eyes that way. Can't remember the last time or if I ever got one like that. The rest came on bucktails. Great night out to relieve some stress.

SNAGGER

« Reply #1632 on: Jul 10, 2012, 11:37 PM »
Fished last night from 7-10:30. We each got a limit of eyes and put 4 sm bass and half a dozen sunnies in the live well. Sunnies, 1 sheephead and 1 of the bass came on a worm hanging over the side of the boat. Even caught one of the eyes that way. Can't remember the last time or if I ever got one like that. The rest came on bucktails. Great night out to relieve some stress.

:thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

rnksurfnturf

« Reply #1633 on: Jul 11, 2012, 06:56 AM »
rnksurfnturf... i launch out of bridgeport everytime i go out, if the drift is coming in go to the right of the islan and drift towards chapmans park... you'll nail em

Thanks!
I'll give it a go !

SNAGGER

« Reply #1634 on: Jul 11, 2012, 08:58 AM »
hey bluegillfly your box is full.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.