FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414650 times)

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1725 on: Jul 15, 2012, 07:19 AM »
Good going CK315...We struggled last night...couldn't get them to bite...back to normal for me and walleyes the honeymoon is over... ;D  Caught one Jumbo Perch and One One short Eye...thats why it's called fishing...it was beautiful out there though...just turned on some music and relaxed...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1726 on: Jul 15, 2012, 08:23 AM »

I saw the flares go off too southwest of 119...  rescue boat took off out of cleveland.

I fished deep from 645pm til just before sunset, hit 3 spots with sonars, could not get a walleye too bite, marked plenty....then hit a shallow spot, my buddy got 2 keepers and I dumped 5, ended up with my first zero of the season, about time Oneida got tougher again. It was flat and really hot out, but can't blame it on that, there was a descent drift from left over currents keeping us moving pretty nice, I just sucked.

Water temp was 85.4-86 degrees.

Rob took a picture for you last night deadeyes.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #1727 on: Jul 15, 2012, 11:01 AM »
went out with the coach this morning water temp was 80.8 degrees , got our limit of eyes an they were 17 1/2- 21" ,looks like they are starting to fatten up a little , all came on the infamous day time sonar and coach caught a couple dragging a worm , fish were caught in  26-32 fow , and a big thanks to the guy in one of those weed chopper boats , there wasn't a guy within a mile and this Richard Cranum goes by at about 50 , wthin about 35'-40' what a nozzle , wish somebody running these tournies would talk to these guys about a little etiquette
sorry about the pic forgot to size it 

coachwarner

« Reply #1728 on: Jul 15, 2012, 11:11 AM »
Had a great time with the Legend again this morning had our limit by 8:30, biggest was 21" and Release lost a nice 24 or 25" right at the boat :cursing: :cursing:
caught some shorts today, once we got our limit we left fish to try and find fish at a couple other spots :wacko:
Hail to the mighty daytime sonar again :bowdown: ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #1729 on: Jul 15, 2012, 01:27 PM »
went out with the coach this morning water temp was 80.8 degrees , got our limit of eyes an they were 17 1/2- 21" ,looks like they are starting to fatten up a little , all came on the infamous day time sonar and coach caught a couple dragging a worm , fish were caught in  26-32 fow , and a big thanks to the guy in one of those weed chopper boats , there wasn't a guy within a mile and this Richard Cranum goes by at about 50 , wthin about 35'-40' what a nozzle , wish somebody running these tournies would talk to these guys about a little etiquette
sorry about the pic forgot to size it  

good job buddy  ;)

do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1730 on: Jul 15, 2012, 01:33 PM »
Wheres all of Crappiekiller315's pictures this year?     ::) ::) 8) 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1731 on: Jul 15, 2012, 02:42 PM »
Good job Freddie & Coach!  That is a cool pic too Shane! Looks like the ghosts of Homie Hump!  :w00t:
Nice job findin em

Spikehorn11

« Reply #1732 on: Jul 15, 2012, 03:25 PM »
I hear ya man! They used to come in by my folks dock and cast under the dock and boats.  I hated it so I put my 3D archery target right on the shoreline and started flingin arrows at it when they started heading in to start working the shoreline. ;D They dont come in so close anymore.  ;)

Love it.

KingPerch

« Reply #1733 on: Jul 15, 2012, 04:58 PM »
Wheres all of Crappiekiller315's pictures this year?     ::) ::) 8) 8)

He left his camera at home....LOL!!  Only pics he has are CENTERFOLDS!!!!! :rotflol: :rotflol: :afro:--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

filetandrelease

« Reply #1734 on: Jul 15, 2012, 06:09 PM »
He left his camera at home....LOL!!  Only pics he has are CENTERFOLDS!!!!! :rotflol: :rotflol: :afro:--KP 8)

well he is saving his chippendale pics , for special occasions  ;)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1735 on: Jul 15, 2012, 06:13 PM »
well he is saving his chippendale pics , for special occasions  ;)

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

I have a pretty big coyote skull of his that's almost finished.... ;D

But he might not get it back till he takes me to his icefishing crappie hot spot.... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

KingPerch

“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

reeleyz

« Reply #1737 on: Jul 15, 2012, 06:50 PM »
Snuck out this afternoon for a couple of hours. I trolled for the first hour and missed a couple. Then I marked a pod of eyes on bottom and shutdown and jigged over them. I started with a bucktail straight down. They would slash at it and miss. I had a couple of hits that I missed. Then I dropped a sonar down. I finally picked up one keeper before the rain hit. It was fun anyway, like ice fishing watching them follow the jig. They would come up 10' easy.

billybob851

« Reply #1738 on: Jul 15, 2012, 07:12 PM »
I read alot about jigging sonars and was wondering what are good colors to get and where you can buy them. Ive looked at gander mtn in new hartford but they are almost sold out and i couldnt find them at herb phillipsons.  Im just looking for something different than trolling harnesses all day. 

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1739 on: Jul 15, 2012, 08:46 PM »
hey coach thank god i had an extra daytime sonar   :blink:

That's why I usually tie for Coach. lol    Once I see them glasses go on his head, I normally step in and offer my slightly better close vision. Now that I think about it.... Karma was most likely the reason for my lack of success, not helping coach make ties, and tallking smack to the bass guys driving over fish to find them.....not to mention the encroachers. Filet was on his best behavior, good thing release didn't show up. ;D I also learned just how efficient Filet likes to be at the launch, that man has it down to a science. :bowdown:
What stinks is, my first trip on the F&R hot ride, and I could not get into a rhythm. . ??? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.