FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414275 times)

Loudmouth879

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1845 on: Jul 22, 2012, 09:06 PM »
well sad to hear that the bite is slowing down... heading up for some eyes for my first open water trip  (mostly fish the ice eyes) from the 24th to the 27th guess we are going to have to work for em this trip  :'(. Should be a fun trip since we are not only targeting the eyes (although they are the main target). Will report back on here with how we make out either each day or when I get back. Not sure if I want to bring the laptop up or not. But for those of you heading out the next few days best of luck and tight lines

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1846 on: Jul 22, 2012, 09:27 PM »
OK COACH THANKS,  BUT THEY MAY NOT WANT TO SHARE......  ID ASK SULLY CUZ HE IS A NEIGHBOR OF MINE, BUT I KNOW HE WOULD NOT TELL ME THE TRUTH .  lol
hey Rick. the difference between daytime, and nightime sonars is........well.......um........um.......i think it's.......you better ask fellet, or release ;D ;D ;D. or maybe count spanky might know ???   later...

bigrichir

« Reply #1847 on: Jul 22, 2012, 09:37 PM »
Hey Sully, I knew i could  count on you my friend.  I guess im gonna have to wait and get it from the experts.  Ill be leaving work soon.  Ill make sure you hear me on the way home.  I am off till friday. Ill give ya a call and maybe get out at first light and give it a shot this week.....

Looper

« Reply #1848 on: Jul 22, 2012, 09:57 PM »
I'll be up this week.  How are the algae blooms doing?  East end of the lake green?

L

filetandrelease

« Reply #1849 on: Jul 22, 2012, 10:04 PM »
I'll be up this week.  How are the algae blooms doing?  East end of the lake green?

L

i was out yesterday , launched out of godfrey , fished both north and south shore it seems to be just starting from what i could see

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1850 on: Jul 22, 2012, 10:17 PM »
Went out with my boy again tonight in the canoe from 7-9:30.  Started out in 8 fow and hammered the panfish.  We ended up with 14 big sunnys and 6 bluegills.  One of the bluegills lil deadeyez caught was the size of the big sunnys!! It was the biggest gill I have ever seen landed!  Pretty neat considering that we usually never catch bluegills in this spot.  At dark we went in shallower and tried for the walleyes.  With the wind we had a hard time staying where we wanted to fish so ended up getting skunked on the wallys.  Another beautiful sunset this evening with an awesome lightning show across the lake!  
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #1851 on: Jul 22, 2012, 10:30 PM »

hey bob get a pic of that gill it must be a honey . they make great fish dinners , got a couple of sprinkles here but only kicked up dust when the drops hit

elrodalonzo

« Reply #1852 on: Jul 23, 2012, 06:10 AM »
Got out saturday late afternoon out of Fisher Bay.  Not much action early.  Lake pretty green with algae and lots of floating weeds.  Bait fish all over the place being chased by I would assume bass and sea gulls.  Caught one nice perch during the afternoon real dark in color.  No eyes until just before dark then hit two - one 17 and a real nice fat 19 1/2.  Pulling harnesses the whole time.  Great evening to be on the lake with a beautiful sunset over the island.  Ate the perch and one eye last night, perch not as good as in the winter but the eye was excellent.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1853 on: Jul 23, 2012, 07:49 AM »
Freddie, all the pics of that gill came out blurry!  I will post them later though.  Your right, they are yummy! ;D
Nice job findin em

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1854 on: Jul 23, 2012, 11:09 AM »
Went out with my boy again tonight in the canoe from 7-9:30.  Started out in 8 fow and hammered the panfish.  We ended up with 14 big sunnys and 6 bluegills.  One of the bluegills lil deadeyez caught was the size of the big sunnys!! It was the biggest gill I have ever seen landed!  Pretty neat considering that we usually never catch bluegills in this spot.  At dark we went in shallower and tried for the walleyes.  With the wind we had a hard time staying where we wanted to fish so ended up getting skunked on the wallys.  Another beautiful sunset this evening with an awesome lightning show across the lake!  

Good job Dead eyez...panfish are made for kids.   I have been getting some gills mixed in with the sunnies too in areas I have never caught them before.  The sunnies have been day savers for me, if action is slow I just anchor up and pound on the sunnies for a while, lots of fun on a light rod.  I fished Friday in that big east wind, I kept 21 sunnies and 2 walleye after bass fishing in the morning and fighting that wind I anchored up for a while.  The lake laid down nice just before I had to leave around 3:00.
shut up and fish

lehigh vally

« Reply #1855 on: Jul 23, 2012, 11:16 AM »
Freddie, all the pics of that gill came out blurry!  I will post them later though.  Your right, they are yummy! ;D
Sounds like you need a little school en from me on how to use your camera     :w00t:   :rotflol:

KingPerch

« Reply #1856 on: Jul 23, 2012, 02:23 PM »
hey Rick. the difference between daytime, and nightime sonars is........well.......um........um.......i think it's.......you better ask fellet, or release ;D ;D ;D. or maybe count spanky might know ???   later...
The only difference between a daytime sonar and a night time sonar is....Man, Release is going to go ballistic after I say this...but...The night time sonar has a little green LED light attatched to them!! ;) There...the secret is out!!! ;D--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1857 on: Jul 23, 2012, 02:26 PM »
Good job Dead eyez...panfish are made for kids.   I have been getting some gills mixed in with the sunnies too in areas I have never caught them before.  The sunnies have been day savers for me, if action is slow I just anchor up and pound on the sunnies for a while, lots of fun on a light rod.  I fished Friday in that big east wind, I kept 21 sunnies and 2 walleye after bass fishing in the morning and fighting that wind I anchored up for a while.  The lake laid down nice just before I had to leave around 3:00.
You said it slamboney!  They are def fun with the kids!  Especially the size of the ones in oneida!
Nice job findin em

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1858 on: Jul 23, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Sounds like you need a little school en from me on how to use your camera     :w00t:   :rotflol:
We can make a trade!  You school me on how to use my camera and I will return the favor by schoolin you on how to catch walleyes!  :w00t:  Heck, I will even throw in a free seminar on "flossin" steelhead!  :rotflol: :w00t:
Nice job findin em

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1859 on: Jul 23, 2012, 02:31 PM »
The only difference between a daytime sonar and a night time sonar is....Man, Release is going to go ballistic after I say this...but...The night time sonar has a little green LED light attatched to them!! ;) There...the secret is out!!! ;D--KP 8)
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :clapping:
Nice job findin em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.