FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414413 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2640 on: Oct 03, 2012, 04:29 PM »
talked to hammer last week. he's having a tough go of it with the town.   sully

ya i heard that , it's over parking , it would be a great shop with him running it , lets keep our fingers crossed

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2641 on: Oct 03, 2012, 04:33 PM »

Where is this shop going to be ?

filetandrelease

« Reply #2642 on: Oct 03, 2012, 04:36 PM »

Where is this shop going to be ?

on the south shore if he can get the permits from what i understand it's the town giving him a hard time over the parking

drowndin dots

« Reply #2643 on: Oct 03, 2012, 04:42 PM »
on the south shore if he can get the permits from what i understand it's the town giving him a hard time over the parking
Too bad , he seems like a good guy .... and lord knows we could use some place other than Gander to go to ...... 8)

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #2644 on: Oct 03, 2012, 07:01 PM »

Acrossed from the South Bay Fire Dept. where the pizza place is. Yep, he's a great guy and it would be a heck of a spot ... real close to William's Beach. I'd bet he goes through a few fatheads, buckeyes and spikes during the hard water season. I don't understand why they make it so difficult for a man to start a business. I guess I don't know enough about zoning and code and such.

fisher751

« Reply #2645 on: Oct 03, 2012, 07:54 PM »
mickeys almost always has fatheads in stock

bcons

« Reply #2646 on: Oct 03, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Its simple, the zoning laws leave no room for common sense.  Its a blanket approach applied to everything the same way.  If someone was opening a store that may add to traffic, they have to take it into account.  However there logic would indicate traffic & parking issues wouldn't matter since the majority would be at 0 dark thirty for a bait shop, certainly not competing with "normal hours" of opperation for most biz.  However our gubment couldn't find common sense if a bag of it hit them in the face.
So they'll be a pia till someone can prove fisherman buying bait won't interfere with traffic & the existing pizza joint traffic
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

cnypanfisher

« Reply #2647 on: Oct 03, 2012, 09:03 PM »
PIcked up a few perch today, but it was dead calm out and they just weren't turned on. We went to our 3 good spots on the GPS and it was stacked with perch in every spot. I guess the high pressure had them chilling out, but they are where they are supposed to be. Walt got a few real nice ones, hopefully if we get an earlier start tomorrow we can get into something, A west wind would be nice.

cny

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2648 on: Oct 03, 2012, 11:43 PM »
Fished North Shore. Wind was DEAD. Water was glass. No fish. Went 1 for 1 on the bats tonight though
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

Hollywood

« Reply #2649 on: Oct 04, 2012, 06:15 AM »
Got out for an hour or so after work, found a mix of perch and took 10 for dinner last night...waters still 64 degrees.

drowndin dots

« Reply #2650 on: Oct 04, 2012, 06:48 AM »
Fished North Shore. Wind was DEAD. Water was glass. No fish. Went 1 for 1 on the bats tonight though
LMAO !!!! that was a good one Chief  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

ThaTs BullHead

• Birth..FISH..Die!
« Reply #2651 on: Oct 04, 2012, 03:26 PM »
Acrossed from the South Bay Fire Dept. where the pizza place is. Yep, he's a great guy and it would be a heck of a spot ... real close to William's Beach. I'd bet he goes through a few fatheads, buckeyes and spikes during the hard water season. I don't understand why they make it so difficult for a man to start a business. I guess I don't know enough about zoning and code and such.

Are you talking about Vinny from Lakeshore pizza. Very cool guy, owns a nice 88 mustang 5.0

cnypanfisher

« Reply #2652 on: Oct 04, 2012, 06:53 PM »
Got 66 perch today with Walt, had to work a bit for them. Got a lot of small ones, but we still managed A pail full. Got them at the edge of some grass in a spot we saved on the GPS 2 years ago, the fish were stacked under us, 12-13 FOW. I really think we would have done better but the lake was flat calm. These perch were mostly 9-11 inches, but we got 15 that were over 12", A nice mess of perch either way. Ran into Upstate out there as well, hope he did well after we took off.

cny

drowndin dots

« Reply #2653 on: Oct 04, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Got 66 perch today with Walt, had to work a bit for them. Got a lot of small ones, but we still managed A pail full. Got them at the edge of some grass in a spot we saved on the GPS 2 years ago, the fish were stacked under us, 12-13 FOW. I really think we would have done better but the lake was flat calm. These perch were mostly 9-11 inches, but we got 15 that were over 12", A nice mess of perch either way. Ran into Upstate out there as well, hope he did well after we took off.

cny
Atta boy Hippy  :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

upstateny

« Reply #2654 on: Oct 04, 2012, 07:20 PM »
PIcked up a few perch today, but it was dead calm out and they just weren't turned on. We went to our 3 good spots on the GPS and it was stacked with perch in every spot. I guess the high pressure had them chilling out, but they are where they are supposed to be. Walt got a few real nice ones, hopefully if we get an earlier start tomorrow we can get into something, A west wind would be nice.

cny
Tim we stayed and fished the area until we ran out of minnows at 4:30, we caught 45 but only kept 18 with about six really nice ones. Probably give it a shot tomorrow if we can come up with some fatheads in the morning, We drifted and caught them from about 100 feet east of where you were to a few hundred feet west of where you were. Good to see you and Walt.
Jim T

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.