FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414811 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2820 on: Oct 16, 2012, 05:07 PM »
I'm going to beg to differ with you on that statement. I've found that whenever I try and mimic someone else's style it doesn't do me any good at all. To me that's showing lack of confidence in your own personal style and that's never a good thing. Of course I do understand that you rookies have to start somewhere.  ;) ;D  

all i can say is we differ on that point the guys i fish with kind of mimic each other at times and more often than not it seems to work especially in the boat jigging, , and i think that style and technique are two different animals just my opinion ,we learn from each other to improve , we all have our on style   ;)

bobber down

• king jiggler
« Reply #2821 on: Oct 16, 2012, 06:05 PM »
all i can say is we differ on that point the guys i fish with kind of mimic each other at times and more often than not it seems to work especially in the boat jigging, , and i think that style and technique are two different animals just my opinion ,we learn from each other to improve , we all have our on style   ;)
:thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

jhirsche

« Reply #2822 on: Oct 16, 2012, 08:05 PM »
Tonight's report:   TOO MUCH BAIT! 'eyes a plenty feasting on those shad again...

coachwarner

« Reply #2823 on: Oct 16, 2012, 08:54 PM »
Yea....." Release what are you doing?" " Just because FM jumped over board, doesnt mean you have to" "Now get your clothes back on and go sit down, and would you please stop deleting the GPS coordinates and go play with the anchor!" ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

August West

« Reply #2824 on: Oct 17, 2012, 12:10 AM »
Yawn :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1:
AW

filetandrelease

« Reply #2825 on: Oct 17, 2012, 04:26 AM »

well coach we have gone from a circle of friends now to the North Shore Thugs  ;), i like that ,pretty catchy think more beanies might be in order, we all ready have the winter ones  ; :w00t:  the Oneida Lakes Liars Club , thanks AW for the idea  :thumbup_smilie:

reeleyz

« Reply #2826 on: Oct 17, 2012, 04:58 AM »
well coach we have gone from a circle of friends now to the North Shore Thugs  ;), i like that ,pretty catchy think more beanies might be in order, we all ready have the winter ones  ; :w00t:  the Oneida Lakes Liars Club , thanks AW for the idea  :thumbup_smilie:

Oh boy, here comes the NST! Stay out of the water.  ;D

bcons

« Reply #2827 on: Oct 17, 2012, 05:42 AM »
 :rotflol:
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

walleye1

« Reply #2828 on: Oct 17, 2012, 07:26 AM »
well coach we have gone from a circle of friends now to the North Shore Thugs  ;), i like that ,pretty catchy think more beanies might be in order, we all ready have the winter ones  ; :w00t:  the Oneida Lakes Liars Club , thanks AW for the idea  :thumbup_smilie:

Thugs? What'd FM do now?  ;D

walleye1

« Reply #2829 on: Oct 17, 2012, 07:31 AM »

I guess I should have said technique and not style in my post as that is what I meant. One and the same to me.   

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2830 on: Oct 17, 2012, 07:45 AM »

I'm as stubborn as they come, if you say your getting them on blue I'll use black just to be different, but if someone I know is beating me down in my boat or from shore, I'll sneak a peak at his jigging presitation to see if theres something different and adjust mine if I think I have too, but after years of doing something the same way, it can be hard to change on some days, every trip is different, but I usually can make the adjustment in time to salvage a trip.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

riot609

• best time to fish when its rainin & when it aint!
« Reply #2831 on: Oct 17, 2012, 09:29 AM »
made it out the last 2 nights along the north shore  lots and lots of bait everywhere so much last night i was striping them from the rap in place of the weeds...
between both trips only spotted one nice sized eye couldn't get it to take there's still lots of pins around  :-\ tho. 

jhirsche

« Reply #2832 on: Oct 17, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Pray for a strong north wind to push the bait back to the south shore!  Like I said, we ought to try canning them like sardines.  I used to love those canned herring in tomato sauce...

Coltsx18

« Reply #2833 on: Oct 17, 2012, 11:58 AM »
i hope the weeds go, for some stay, when the weeds die down there gonna let the sulfur out and the poison will scare the fish away... CMON dont u guys watch the discorvery channel :x?!?!

Going out to the north shore tonight, i plan on outfishing the "thugs" tonight!

bcons

« Reply #2834 on: Oct 17, 2012, 02:48 PM »
I thought he said "gangstas" on the other thread? Aren't gangstas the upscale thugs or am I off on my street lingo?  Trying to figure it out is giving me a headache ::) ;D
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.