FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415311 times)

Dark Cloud

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #3285 on: Nov 21, 2012, 09:55 AM »
You guys lost to tip-ups?!?! Were ya sleeping?

2 of my favorite sayings - "friends dont let friends use tip-ups" and "I'd rather watch nascar with toothpicks in my eyes than use tip-ups, and I hate nascar"
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #3286 on: Nov 21, 2012, 10:42 AM »
i want in on the Jigs versus tip up challenge. i have put a few eyes on the ice in my time ::) ::) ::) you want some of this DC ;D ;D ;D 

Dark Cloud

« Reply #3287 on: Nov 21, 2012, 11:04 AM »
i want in on the Jigs versus tip up challenge. i have put a few eyes on the ice in my time ::) ::) ::) you want some of this DC ;D ;D ;D 

Of the 1,873 times we have fished Oneida  ::), I can remember one time saying to Tank - "those guys are doing prety well on tip-ups"...
We had 30-40 perch each by then but oh well...  ;D
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #3288 on: Nov 21, 2012, 11:14 AM »
that means i have a chance around you 2 , but i think you 2 are going to sand bag me , slammy ready for a round of tip ups verses jigs, snag and i are down 1 already i think a rematch is in order

I'm ready. I still can't figure out why those fish wanted tip ups over anything else, never seen anything like it, must have been the one in 1873 times it occurs?   I have a new shore access spot over that way for early ice that might be good.  Although, I think snagger already has his plan of attack for the north shore figured out, it will be hard to get him over here especially after his haul from last year.
shut up and fish

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3289 on: Nov 21, 2012, 11:18 AM »
I have seen on other lakes how sometimes tipups just outfish jigging...but not often...and lets be honest, jigging is 100x more fun than tip ups...

scottcny

« Reply #3290 on: Nov 21, 2012, 11:24 AM »
DC

love your reference to nascar -- man after my own hart..

fished with you a bit in the past with the infamous Tony B, been out of the game a while due to the economy however..

filetandrelease

« Reply #3291 on: Nov 21, 2012, 12:06 PM »
I'm ready. I still can't figure out why those fish wanted tip ups over anything else, never seen anything like it, must have been the one in 1873 times it occurs?   I have a new shore access spot over that way for early ice that might be good.  Although, I think snagger already has his plan of attack for the north shore figured out, it will be hard to get him over here especially after his haul from last year.

i got some new spots i found with the boat that i must try , he will come when we put it to him  ;)

and DC at least i admitted to the shame of it all i give the devil his due , no matter how painfull it is  :bowdown:

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #3292 on: Nov 21, 2012, 01:21 PM »
Frosted Flakes.
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3293 on: Nov 21, 2012, 01:42 PM »
Oh, I'm catching. As a matter of fact I pm'd two of the moderators for diections on how to post pics. No reply.

I wasnt one of them.... ;D
 http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=322.0  

Dont let this get out of hand boyz.............. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

coachwarner

« Reply #3294 on: Nov 21, 2012, 02:35 PM »

Dont let this get out of hand boyz.............. ;D
Too late   ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

reeleyz

« Reply #3295 on: Nov 21, 2012, 02:56 PM »
Settle down Chief, ice is on the way.

Here is my take, for walleyes I would NEVER use tip-ups. From my limited experience, once in a great while you might do better with tip-ups for eyes. Now perch on the other hand, I think it could be a challenge. I have even been tempted to try tip-downs. It could lead to a faster perch limit. However, when they are hitting as fast as you can drop your lure to bottom, who wants to mess with minnows???

coachwarner

« Reply #3296 on: Nov 21, 2012, 03:18 PM »
Settle down Chief, ice is on the way.

Here is my take, for walleyes I would NEVER use tip-ups. From my limited experience, once in a great while you might do better with tip-ups for eyes. Now perch on the other hand, I think it could be a challenge. I have even been tempted to try tip-downs. It could lead to a faster perch limit. However, when they are hitting as fast as you can drop your lure to bottom, who wants to mess with minnows???
His ruby red slippers must be to tight ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #3297 on: Nov 21, 2012, 03:50 PM »
 :w00t: i got nothing to report today ::) ::) ::) :-* ??? ;D

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #3298 on: Nov 21, 2012, 04:35 PM »
I'm an old tip-up fisherman from way back. Heck ... I cut my first tooth on a tip-up. It is what we did growing up in Tupper Lake. We fished Northerns with tip-ups (still do), and that was all I knew.

Nowadays it's a different story. I've been converted to a jig fisherman. But ... there are times that the 'ol tip-ups have made a difference for me. When the action isn't quite so hot, I'll put my 5  out. I spread them out pretty good. When I get a flag or two at the same hole ... I jig that hole. Found lots of good action this way, and it will usually help add a  few bonus fish at a minimum.

The above works well for perch, but I haven't really ever slammed the eyes on tip-ups. Got a few, but not many.

Why are we talking about ice fishing anyways??????? The perch are biting on the soft water!!

Fatheads .... deep.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3299 on: Nov 21, 2012, 04:43 PM »

nice fish Jimmy ,
and guys it only happened once so far [tip ups vs jig ]  and slammy you won't see me making the 12 mile run ,for a few eyes if my back doesn't straighten out but it was worth it  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.