FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414276 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #3300 on: Nov 21, 2012, 04:49 PM »
I'm an old tip-up fisherman from way back. Heck ... I cut my first tooth on a tip-up. It is what we did growing up in Tupper Lake. We fished Northerns with tip-ups (still do), and that was all I knew.

Nowadays it's a different story. I've been converted to a jig fisherman. But ... there are times that the 'ol tip-ups have made a difference for me. When the action isn't quite so hot, I'll put my 5  out. I spread them out pretty good. When I get a flag or two at the same hole ... I jig that hole. Found lots of good action this way, and it will usually help add a  few bonus fish at a minimum.

The above works well for perch, but I haven't really ever slammed the eyes on tip-ups. Got a few, but not many.

Why are we talking about ice fishing anyways??????? The perch are biting on the soft water!!

Fatheads .... deep.
Yaaaaa Buddy  ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #3301 on: Nov 21, 2012, 04:53 PM »
I need to count the small ones to pad my numbers when I am fishing by you and snagger. 
I'm with you Slamboney...I just count by 3's to keep up with those two guys!! ;D--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

scout57

« Reply #3302 on: Nov 21, 2012, 06:12 PM »
what a great day today......hunted this morning.....on the water by noon and had much better luck fishing than hunting......me and a buddy did 2 limits.....having an awful deer season.....couldn't see a deer if you put 5 deer in a 1 acre fenced in lot with one tree.lol......but am still hopeful

Hollywood

« Reply #3303 on: Nov 21, 2012, 07:56 PM »
The old man has been eating it up out there... this is like 1980...these are the good old days!

handyman8494

« Reply #3304 on: Nov 21, 2012, 08:44 PM »
The old man has been eating it up out there... this is like 1980...these are the good old days!

nice fish there buddy, you can tell you enjoy by that big o'le smile on your face.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3305 on: Nov 21, 2012, 11:48 PM »

get out there one more time tomorrow boys, then real November weather returns.....

here comes the wind..

I remember that day well fred...... slammy's crew iced 40 keeper eyes easy on tip ups while we got 2 each jiggin 100 feet from them, it was cool too watch, wish we videoed it. and it wasn't an easy year like last year, it was 3 yrs ago on a much tougher bite year.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #3306 on: Nov 22, 2012, 06:23 AM »
Hollywood that is just awsome , and you tell him i love that mile wide   eating grin that just says it all

everyone have a great holiday feast
 from the both of us  :w00t:

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3307 on: Nov 22, 2012, 07:14 AM »
Hollywood that is just awsome , and you tell him i love that mile wide sht eating grin that just says it all

from the both of us  :w00t:

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :w00t: Happy Thanksgiving to the both of you ..... Esp Release ..... everyone is so hard on him .... Guy cracks me up  :thumbup_smilie: :flag:

bcons

« Reply #3308 on: Nov 22, 2012, 08:10 AM »
On a lighter note  ::)  Happy thanksgiving to all!

I for one am thankfull to have such a great lake so close, even if she can be such a cruel pia sometimes tp figure out. 
Now to spend the rest of the day with family, eat too much, drink a few beers, & watch 9hrs of football, while hopefully sneaking in a run to the north shore with one of my boys.

Happy Turkey Day!
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

KingPerch

« Reply #3309 on: Nov 22, 2012, 08:38 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!--KP 8)

KingPerch

« Reply #3310 on: Nov 22, 2012, 08:40 AM »
Hollywood that is just awsome , and you tell him i love that mile wide   eating grin that just says it all

from the both of us  :w00t:

Why is it that your end of the boat is cleaner than Release's end of the boat??? Gotta watch him every minute Freddie!!!!! ;D--KP 8)

KingPerch

« Reply #3311 on: Nov 22, 2012, 08:41 AM »
REPORT for the day!!.............The sun is shining!!! ;)--KP 8)

RockDoc

• Hardwater61 on I.S.
« Reply #3312 on: Nov 22, 2012, 08:50 AM »
REPORT for the day!!.............The sun is shining!!! ;)--KP 8)
KP...a beautiful day indeed!  My apologies for not for not staying in contact...been a heck of a year!  Saw a nice white racked 8 pt on my hill yesterday afternoon...hope he and some others stick around for opening day(Monday)!  Hope to catch up with you on the ice this year!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3313 on: Nov 22, 2012, 08:52 AM »

Hope all you diehards have a great thanksgiving!!!!   :D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #3314 on: Nov 22, 2012, 08:54 AM »
Why is it that your end of the boat is cleaner than Release's end of the boat??? Gotta watch him every minute Freddie!!!!! ;D--KP 8)

thats easy hes lazy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.