FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414775 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #3495 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:50 AM »

Thats what us fingerlaker guys use too call them... and yes it has been a while... when's winter coming?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

choo choo

« Reply #3496 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:53 AM »
Thats a prize winning perch !!! Hookin up and Hollywood/Dad...terrific job on the nov./dec oniada eyes and perch.Nice job hunting them downg them down in deep water. I have a feeling there are gonna be quite a few boats not winterized and covered up until Christmas next year!!!!
I'm fishing my way through life .

filetandrelease

« Reply #3497 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:56 AM »

Thats what us fingerlaker guys use too call them... and yes it has been a while... when's winter coming?

i'm sticking with first week of Jan. some where

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #3498 on: Dec 10, 2012, 10:02 AM »
thats a 8.5 striper might be 9 not sure  Jim did you get a weight on it  , if you guys don't mind if you get anymore like those shoot me a weight thanks and you 2 are killing me nice job guys

Freddie - I put her on my little Harbor Freight digital scale. She weighed in at  1.496 pounds. A little lighter than I thought.

I was talking with Hollywood about this crazy bite. We've been spoiled. It's gonna make the ice fishing feel like a lot of work. I can already envision huge mobs of ice vultures chasing Snagger around ... LoL   >:(

SNAGGER

« Reply #3499 on: Dec 10, 2012, 10:21 AM »

Thats why I called it a jack, it was thin.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hookinup

« Reply #3500 on: Dec 10, 2012, 10:42 AM »

Thats why I called it a jack, it was thin.

It might be a jack. Not sure yet. I have it wrapped in the freezer. Been messing with doing a little of my own taxidermy, and I'm having fun with that. My cousin up in Tupper does an amazing job with fish, especially perch, walleyes and Northerns, but he went through a nasty divorce and got out of it for a while. I have a new compressor and airbrush, and I'm going to go up and get a few lessons. It's fun, but time consuming.

I did have a couple 13+ inch Jacks in the mix.

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #3501 on: Dec 10, 2012, 11:41 AM »
Impressive catches Hookinup and Hollywood. I'm going with a Jill on that perch. Don't see hardly any break 14" out of Oneida.

shut up and fish

Hookinup

« Reply #3502 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:18 PM »
Impressive catches Hookinup and Hollywood. I'm going with a Jill on that perch. Don't see hardly any break 14" out of Oneida.

Yeah ... The more I look at it, I think you are right.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3503 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:51 PM »

thanks Jim i would have thought it might have weighed more but i forget it is only Dec. now in march,  be a whole lot heavier but 1.5 is still a great weight, well at least when we get out after them we won't have that problem with being spoiled ;) 

SNAGGER

« Reply #3504 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:19 PM »
It might be a jack. Not sure yet. I have it wrapped in the freezer. Been messing with doing a little of my own taxidermy, and I'm having fun with that. My cousin up in Tupper does an amazing job with fish, especially perch, walleyes and Northerns, but he went through a nasty divorce and got out of it for a while. I have a new compressor and airbrush, and I'm going to go up and get a few lessons. It's fun, but time consuming.

I did have a couple 13+ inch Jacks in the mix.

We called everything down there jackperch once they reached a certain size, they got a weird big hump in there backs down there once they got big, not bullgy like oneidas slobs... I still got a personal best eye in my freezer from 4 yrs ago Jim if you get good at taxidermy.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3505 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:35 PM »
 We called everything down there jackperch once they reached a certain size, they got a weird big hump in there backs down there once they got big, not bullgy like oneidas slobs... I still got a personal best eye in my freezer from 4 yrs ago Jim if you get good at taxidermy.
WASSSSUP HOMEY!!!
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #3506 on: Dec 10, 2012, 04:51 PM »

they have called them jacks here to you jr buzzard  ;D

Hookinup

« Reply #3507 on: Dec 10, 2012, 05:11 PM »
they have called them jacks here to you jr buzzard  ;D

Reminds me of an old Andrew "Dice" Clay nursery rhyme :

Jack and Jill went up the hill ... each with a buck and a qwarta
and when they came down ... Jill had two fifty
They didn't go up there for wattaaaaaaa .... HEY!!

SNAGGER

« Reply #3508 on: Dec 10, 2012, 05:25 PM »

I saw the "diceman" in binghampton in 89 or 90, what a show!!!!  :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3509 on: Dec 10, 2012, 08:20 PM »
 :rotflol: Can't forget his little miss muffet rhyme too!  :w00t: :rotflol:
Nice job findin em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.